The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 2-0 in the NBA Finals | Dan Hurley Returning to UCONN

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-3-2023_5-10-36PM.png

The Heat can offer three first round picks once the Oladipo salary dump is finalized (2024, 2028, 2030). Are those three picks, plus one of Jovic/Jaquez enough with salary filler (Lowry, Robinson). If push came to shove if I were the Heat, I'd throw in Martin too. Blazers could spin him off at the trade deadline for a late first or multiple seconds. Lowry will be the vet for Scoot until he gets traded, or more likely bought-out.

Spurs just sitting there with $17M cap space, waiting for one of Lillard or Harden to be dealt.

Hmm… I was told this isn’t a thing. I was told players seeing a team in a bad light for how they trade beloved players was talking nonsense
It’s a thing, but a pretty small one. Tons of factors are more important to where players want to play than that.

Plus, it seems likely that someone associated with Dame’s camp put that rumor out there anyway, so hard not to take it with a grain of salt.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-3-2023_5-10-36PM.png

The Heat can offer three first round picks once the Oladipo salary dump is finalized (2024, 2028, 2030). Are those three picks, plus one of Jovic/Jaquez enough with salary filler (Lowry, Robinson). If push came to shove if I were the Heat, I'd throw in Martin too. Blazers could spin him off at the trade deadline for a late first or multiple seconds. Lowry will be the vet for Scoot until he gets traded, or more likely bought-out.

Spurs just sitting there with $17M cap space, waiting for one of Lillard or Harden to be dealt.
If I’m Portland I want both young guys

It’s a thing, but a pretty small one. Tons of factors are more important to where players want to play than that.

Plus, it seems likely that someone associated with Dame’s camp put that rumor out there anyway, so hard not to take it with a grain of salt.
Sums it up pretty well. It's Dame's camp and former NBA players who are now analysts mostly pushing this.

Blazers have usually had a pretty good reputation with player relations and they never get free agents anyway. By the time they look for these free agents they won't get anyway, it will largely be forgotten.

If I’m Portland I want both young guys
They already have Kris Murray, Jabari Walker, could possibly re-sign Thybulle (same agent as Lillard) so might be a minutes crunch with that many young forwards. Plus Grant, I guess.

Cavs fan talking about Embiid getting traded like Don not about to force his way out lol

Comedy

When you surround your superstar with garbage they will leave.

I’ve seen it first hand. They. Will. Leave. they don’t owe you a thing.

Joel can not win in Philadelphia.

It’s obvious. He. Will. Demand. Out.

It’s not comedy it’s facts.

Yea, I’m just not trading a Top 15 guy to get back Tyler Herro, not on a rookie deal as the centerpiece of the deal. “Do right by Dame” wouldn’t be more important than setting the franchise up for success. When that GM is getting fired 3 or 4 years from now, nobody is going to applaud him for “doing right by Dame”.

PREACH! These people are trying to set Joe Cronin up to get fired during his first month on the job :smh:

Hmm… I was told this isn’t a thing. I was told players seeing a team in a bad light for how they trade beloved players was talking nonsense
No free agents ever sign with Portland anyway. It wouldnt matter.

Coming from an Oregonian I dont see why any NBA player would want to live here unless you are from the west coast. And even then 90% of Cali doesnt consider Portland the west coast 😂😂

Man I miss summer league in Long Beach.

Literally sit next to Jerry west and execs in a small gym. Players parking their car next to yours lol.

Different times

They already have Kris Murray, Jabari Walker, could possibly re-sign Thybulle (same agent as Lillard) so might be a minutes crunch with that many young forwards. Plus Grant, I guess.
I wonder who Portland would have taken if they 100% knew this was coming. Kris Murray is fine and he may have been the pick. That pick seemed like a get a guy to log solid rotation minutes right off the bat pick though. They may have swung a little harder there.

I wonder who Portland would have taken if they 100% knew this was coming. Kris Murray is fine and he may have been the pick. That pick seemed like a get a guy to log solid rotation minutes right off the bat pick though. They may have swing a little harder there.
That's kind of where the draft broke for me and it became a real crapshoot. :lol:

I don't mind Murray though.

nah this is bull **** pushed by dame's camp to put pressure on portland to deal him asap

money is what makes most players sign somewhere not how a team treats its players. nba is a revolving door of contracts and transaction

same damb teams get all the good players and the bad teams stay bad.

plus your not even doing it right. that theory does not pertain to this situation. the theory is players look at teams in a bad light because they trade their players away without notice. dame actually WANTS to be traded away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom