The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

Wizards about to get into the Dame mix and add to the stash :smokin

Is the Phoenix roster still > The Heat roster once this goes through? Or is it totally dependent on what Miami has to come up off of outside of Herro?

Y'all asking how Sochan fits in San Antonio's plans like he won't be out of the league in three years :lol:
Why would he be out in 3 years? He averaged 11 and 5. And he's only 20.

Reference:
Jeremy Sochan was drafted as part of the tank, dude is garbage as hell
In Europe or China… he’s trash. He’ll be out the league in 2 years.

Spurs drafted him to expedite the tanking….

Portland should just trade Dame to whoever gives them the best deal. What is Dame going to do, sit out for the next 4 years? What does "a big mess" even mean? If they send him to Charlotte, is he just not going to report? 🤣

Last edited:

The perception is that Dame was loyal to Portland even as they made ****ty move after ****ty move. And now that he says it’s time to move on they don’t at least help with his wishes by sending him to Siberia.

Not saying it’s fair but that’s just the way it is.

Dame has a right to ask out. Portland has a right to extract max value for Dame. Probably wouldn't look right to dump him somewhere where he doesn't want to be, but Dame listing only Miami isn't right either.

Dame will find his way to Miami and Portland will get good value for his return in all likelihood because that's how things work in the NBA.

Dame has a right to ask out. Portland has a right to extract max value for Dame. Probably wouldn't look right to dump him somewhere where he doesn't want to be, but Dame listing only Miami isn't right either.

Dame will find his way to Miami and Portland will get good value for his return in all likelihood because that's how things work in the NBA.
It doesn’t seem like Portland is asking for an OG or rudy gobert package either

GMs change all the time.

Has a player ever said "nah I'm not going to this team or I refuse to play for a team because of the way they treated so and so"

This was gonna end ugly the whole time. I get wanting a mutual and clean breakup but that’s just unrealstic.

if you’re the GM of Portland you have to make the best deal for the future of your franchise. Not what a guy who’s been there a while wants. I get it but still. It’s your job

like explaining To the owner that you gotta make the Miami move instead of a better deal because that’s what the dude who wants out is requesting? Good luck telling your boss that lol.

GMs change all the time.

Has a player ever said "nah I'm not going to this team or I refuse to play for a team because of the way they treated so and so"

The only time I can ever remember is when Anthony Davis specifically said he didn't want to play for the Celtics because of the way they handled the Isaiah Thomas trade. How much of that was posturing to get him the Lakers? I'm not sure but that's the only time I can ever specifically remember it.

One year ago Dame knew the Blazers drafted Shaedon Sharpe and extended Simons for $25MM. He knew what the roster was going to look like for the near future and the potential moves they could make.

He took all of that in and signed a two year supermax extension with the Portland Trailblazers through 2027 (original deal was ending in 2025). Signing that extension and asking for a trade one year later with only one destination on your list isn't considerate for the front office or fanbase.

Dame is like someone who renewed their vows then asked for a divorce shortly after :smh:

from what I have seen, he wasn't hobbled but rather gassed. regardless if he was injured or not, if you play, no excuses.
Y’all really be putting athletes in the weirdest predicaments with this black and white statements. If they play through injury then the injury can’t nag them in a loss but if they win then it’s a feather in their hat to their legacy. If they don’t play through an injury and you don’t like the player then they’re soft and/or load managing but if you do like the player then they’re being smart by resting up for a more important games/playoffs or ensuring they don’t play until they are 100% to prevent further injury.

Yea and since the IT incident Boston has gotten a few significant free agents and trade pieces.

Like I said FOs and GMs change all the time.

This is a business, Portland should get the best package available from any team.

One year ago Dame knew the Blazers drafted Shaedon Sharpe and extended Simons for $25MM. He knew what the roster was going to look like for the near future and the potential moves they could make.

He took all of that in and signed a two year supermax extension with the Portland Trailblazers through 2027 (original deal was ending in 2025). Signing that extension and asking for a trade one year later with only one destination on your list isn't considerate for the front office or fanbase.

Dame is like someone who renewed their vows then asked for a divorce shortly after :smh:

Ehhhhhh they offered him the $. Everyone knew what was happening. They shut him down post ASB early. Favors were done on both sides.

“Dame we want to send you to Miami but we gotta make sure we get the most we can from the trade”

Back
Top Bottom