The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

At this point, well actually a while ago, Mavs have been playing catch up when Porzingis didn't pan out how they wanted

Playing the catch up game by accelerating their timeline is always going to be a deficit though. Especially with the way Brunson played out

Can't really judge them on anything other than maximizing Luka's time here and trying to get him to stay

“All their bullets” for Kyrie and Grant…

Some of y’all are goofy, man.

:lol:
Right, you can't judge them through that lens

It's a lil deeper than that

Overall some bitterness has waned on my part. Curry, Holmes, Williams and Thybulle-- let's be honest that's not great but at least they got out of contracts and have 6 Playoff players

We'll see if there's more than 6. They still need a Playoff center

My main question: what's their cap space look like now for next summer? They have room for another slot now or nah?

Overall some bitterness has waned on my part. Curry, Holmes, Williams and Thybulle-- let's be honest that's not great but at least they got out of contracts and have 6 Playoff players

My main question: what's their cap space look like now for next summer? They have room for another slot now or nah?
Light years ahead of anything Portland did for Lillard the last 4 years.

Would still guess they’ll be off Tim and Javale at some point and bring back a center.

More 2RPs to trade today than they had yesterday. Still have the ‘27 first. Still have all their kids.

Younger. Bigger - but still need more. More athletic. SIGNIFICANTLY better defensively - particularly if Thybulle goes through.

This isn’t a bad off-season by any stretch of imagination. Especially given what they came into the off-season working with asset wise.

Damned good work from Nico for where they were.

Can't be often (ever?) that a single team ended up with three players from the top 10 of a HS class.

Nick Smith Jr, Amari Bailey and Brandon Miller for the Hornets.
Hornets went by Paul Biancardi rankings and did no actual player scouting :pimp:

Podz just did an across his body one legged running three, wuuuuut. :lol: It bricked.

Edit:

He just got yanked from the game.

This is a Jordan Poole shot. :rofl:

1688601313707.png

An unprotected pick swap in 2030 sounds scary, but scared money don't make money.

Powell/Lively/Holmes/McGee
Williams/Kleber
Green/Hardaway Jr/Prosper
Kyrie/Curry/Hardy
Luka/Exum

The offer for Thybulle still stands right?

Would still guess they’ll be off Tim and Javale at some point and bring back a center.

More 2RPs to trade today than they had yesterday. Still have the ‘27 first. Still have all their kids.

Younger. Bigger - but still need more. More athletic. SIGNIFICANTLY better defensively - particularly if Thybulle goes through.

This isn’t a bad off-season by any stretch of imagination. Especially given what they came into the off-season working with asset wise.

Damned good work from Nico for where they were.
I agree it’s not the sexiest off-season but they added some pieces and got out of ones that don’t fit

So how does the cap sheet look next summer though?
The offer for Thybulle still stands right?
Yes it does, Williams isn’t taking the mle

Back
Top Bottom