The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

A lot of things don't bother me but does anyone else have a problem with these leagues encouraging the pervasiveness of gambling culture? No problem with gambling but the commercial appeal of it seems weird to me.

I have an issue with it. I don’t like alcohol being mixed with sports either. So that tells you where I am.

But it was really trippy how gambling went from being taboo with dudes keeping it a secret with their bookies - to it being plastered everywhere and every second during every sports event on the planet.

It was instant.

Seems like a dirty habit & takes the fun away from watching the game.

I don’t like putting my money in someone else’s hands who doesn’t have anything to lose.

Its always the brokest or irresponsible cats I know that stay in them apps.

Listened to him and lowe- didn’t realize the 6ers were going to have cap room this summer
That’s with only Embiid/Maxey/Reed. Can add one more max guy, but that would be about it. Everything else would have to be pieced together like Phoenix.

I think.

Joe Smith wife taking him through hell 😳
Fam married a vintage P Star. Tf he expect
dead (1).png

Some of her work doe
bill-watching-binoculars.gif

I like Spicy P joining NN in Philly if they’re going to make some sort of Big 3.

But truly I cannot wish anything good for them so 🤷 hope it all fails ultimately.

Listened to him and lowe- didn’t realize the 6ers were going to have cap room this summer
That’s with only Embiid/Maxey/Reed. Can add one more max guy, but that would be about it. Everything else would have to be pieced together like Phoenix.

I think.
Reed's contract only becomes guaranteed if they get to the second round too. Maxey, Melton and KJ Martin have low cap holds which helps if they can get a max guy in the summer.

A lot of things don't bother me but does anyone else have a problem with these leagues encouraging the pervasiveness of gambling culture? No problem with gambling but the commercial appeal of it seems weird to me.
Islam is ahead of the game fam
gambling is haram

they have gambling ads on the court, the announcers promote draftkings and various services

then at the end of the game they play a little advert about if you have gambling problems please call this number :lol:

its not weird, its straight up evil

My only criticism of Luka is that he needs to be held to the same superstar standards as every other superstar he gets grouped with.

For some odd reason being fair and consistent is deemed as hate?

some of that criticism feels like an agenda to erode his "mystique"

I have an issue with it. I don’t like alcohol being mixed with sports either. So that tells you where I am.

But it was really trippy how gambling went from being taboo with dudes keeping it a secret with their bookies - to it being plastered everywhere and every second during every sports event on the planet.

It was instant.

This is all facts. For my circle, gambling was like NT.
We didn't openly discuss it with outsiders, & we looked at our bookie & offline accounts as sacred.
Back in the day, I had friends with thousands in their 5dimes account that was frozen by the government.
It went from that to the actual sports leagues putting it directly in your face. Crazy times.

I like Spicy P joining NN in Philly if they’re going to make some sort of Big 3.

But truly I cannot wish anything good for them so 🤷 hope it all fails ultimately.
Or OG

They don’t need some other volume scorer. They need a defender on the perimeter

Also wonder what’s gonna happen with Harris this summer

Or OG

They don’t need some other volume scorer. They need a defender on the perimeter

Also wonder what’s gonna happen with Harris this summer
Either he’s used as trade bait with salary or they trade the pieces from the Harden trade to get OG and resign him to a smaller number (~20m)

Him being Tobias

Back
Top Bottom