The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

Greatest FA signing perhaps in team history.
FC4D82F8-84C5-4C0E-B9B2-9895E517F3DD.jpeg

Time will tell.

Genius of a coach left Shai in there with no other ballhandlers despite Dallas doubling him, for way too long. Get the ball out Shai’s hands early, let it swing around to Dort, wait for Dort to trick off in some way. JDubb on the bench, Micic on the bench, Giddey on the bench

You don't like Daigenault? Imo he's one of the best coaches.

Obviously he has to prove himself in the playoffs but he's always managed to get the team to over achieve on defense.

Looking at Twitter this morning, Ime started the exchange by saying to LeBron “y’all gotta stop all that *****ing”. Close up video supports that to my eye. And close to when he got tossed he called Lebbers a “soft-*** boy”. Also supported by video. A lot of other stuff was said though.

Also, I landed on tweets about all of that when I clicked “Nia Long” as a trending topic :lol:

You don't like Daigenault? Imo he's one of the best coaches.

Obviously he has to prove himself in the playoffs but he's always managed to get the team to over achieve on defense.
A lot of fans are wanting him to coach the team like they're already a battle tested playoff team. They've been repeatedly told that's not the organizational plan though, so the anti-Coach D stuff is strange. At least until he's only being given the directive to win each game at all cost.

Not that they are trying to lose, but learning lessons and trying to figure out what they want to add to the team is really what this year is about.

OKC is currently the 2 seed and it seems pretty obvious who their guys are. They have one of the 10 best players in the league and a strong supporting cast. Zero need for experimentation from here on out.
I completely understand that way of thinking. It's not how they want to do it though and they've been very clear about it. Obviously it's way ahead of schedule though. It won't take as long as thought.

Let's not pretend like this team is winning a ring this year though. There's still steps to this and most every NBA fan knows this.

So OKC has a really good team and their plan is to not try to win at all costs and instead use this season as a feeling out season? Is this all because Presti decided to hoard picks?
No they are developing the 2nd youngest roster in the NBA and learning how to become a winner. Impatience is a crazy thing.

Wonder if Presti still regrets the Perkins trade and is hesitant to pull a similar move.

OKC is currently the 2 seed and it seems pretty obvious who their guys are. They have one of the 10 best players in the league and a strong supporting cast. Zero need for experimentation from here on out.

So OKC has a really good team and their plan is to not try to win at all costs and instead use this season as a feeling out season? Is this all because Presti decided to hoard picks?

E X C U S E S

Presti has so many picks from other teams that at this point they’re all gonna be more valuable than OKC’s actual picks.

Sure they may not be favorites to win it all, but injuries and **** happen every year. And if you have a top 10 guy surrounded by good talent, plus movable assets, I don’t see why you wouldn’t try to improve the team.

They can make a move without compromising what they currently have going. Can avoid mistakes made teams in the past.

Presti has so many picks from other teams that at this point they’re all gonna be more valuable than OKC’s actual picks.

Sure they may not be favorites to win it all, but injuries and **** happen every year. And if you have a top 10 guy surrounded by good talent, plus movable assets, I don’t see why you wouldn’t try to improve the team.

They can make a move without compromising what they currently have going. Can avoid mistakes made teams in the past.
What move.

They don't know how they want to fill things out just yet which is reasonable considering Chet has played less then 20 games in his career lol.

Get that playoff experience in now

They probably will make the playoffs. At least they have a good chance. And they'll probably get blasted by somebody like most young teams do. And then from there they'll figure out how they want to take the next step.
They can definitely beat an old team like GSW. Dallas and the pelicans shouldn’t scare you. Really the lakers shouldn’t either. Seems like a good time to me

Back
Top Bottom