The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

Ionoooooo daaaahhg

Why do they bite and kill the most people then?

Are all the owners ****ty?
I don’t buy this. Looked it up and couldn’t find anything either.

Did you know that according to the American Temperament Test Society, Pit Bulls pass their temperament test 87 percent of the time? This means that they rank the 4th best of 122 breeds tested, meaning they are one of the most affectionate and least aggressive breeds of dog.

Run with the fake myths and stereotypes, though.

20231227_213058.jpg

Run with the fake myths and stereotypes, though.

But you said Golden Retrievers are "way more aggressive" on the AKC scale. The link you provided shows they had the same fail rate as Pitbulls lol.

It's not their temperament that makes them dangerous though. It's the potential. They were bred for bull baiting. If that isn't kept in check and the primal instincts kick in because the owner is trash, then yikes. Aggressiveness is a different category. I'm sure little dogs Chihuahuas and Dachshunds are more inherently aggressive.

Bull terriers in general were responsible for 284 deaths (2/3 of all deaths) over the past 13 years. They make up 6% of all dogs. That's kind of alarming and pretty much drives home the point that they have a more dangerous potential.

I'm a dog lover though and need to reiterate that it's on the owner. I've personally only met one slightly aggressive pitbull out of probably 50+. And again, bad abusive owner.

It's not their temperament that makes them dangerous though. It's the potential. They were bred for bull baiting.
You’re now moving goalposts. You said something wasn’t true and you were having issues even finding it, I proved it and then you shifted to something else. We agree that it’s about the owner and not the dog, so not much more to say since that’s been my point from the beginning. A breed that is constantly used for nefarious reasons having a higher reported number of deaths proves correlation but nothing at all on causation.

okc knicks - ref held onto the ball for too long not giving okc the quick inbound oportunity while the knicks were trying to figure out if they should challenge a call or not

refs shouldn't be controlling the tempo of the game what the hell

You’re now moving goalposts. You said something wasn’t true and you were having issues even finding it, I proved it and then you shifted to something else. We agree that it’s about the owner and not the dog, so not much more to say since that’s been my point from the beginning. A breed that is constantly used for nefarious reasons having a higher reported number of deaths proves correlation but nothing at all on causation.
Given the numbers, I don't think someone can reasonably make that claim

Do you have any evidence that would show the disparity in deaths would be caused by so-called "nefarious" reasons?

Like isn't the most nefarious thing people get pits for is dog fighting? I don't see how that would juice the numbers to the level we see.

If anything, doesn't this reflect badly on the breed? That bad people see them as the go-to dog when they want to do bad things.

Given the numbers, I don't think someone can reasonably make that claim

Do you have any evidence that would show the disparity in deaths would be caused by so-called "nefarious" reasons?

Like isn't the most nefarious thing people get pits for is dog fighting? I don't see how that would juice the numbers to the level we see.

If anything, doesn't this reflect badly on the breed? That bad people see them as the go-to dog when they want to do bad things.
You referenced overbreeding yourself. Gonna bow out because I’m not trying to derail the thread, but that last line doesn’t make sense. It reflects bad on a breed of animals that human being choose an extremely loyal, powerful and athletic dog to engage in fighting? That’s straight up nonsensical :lol:.

You’re now moving goalposts. You said something wasn’t true and you were having issues even finding it, I proved it and then you shifted to something else.

I said I didn’t buy it and couldn’t find anything corroborating your claim when I looked it up.

Then you provided a link to a study that contradicted your claim of goldens being way more aggressive. You also said it was done by the AKC which can't be true because they don't even recognize Pitbulls as a breed.

Two thing can be true:

1. Pitbulls get a bad rep because there are a lot of bad owners and their incidents are disproportionately reported by the media

2. Pitbulls are more efficient killers when they attack than dogs that are more aggressive by certain temperament metrics (Chihuahuas, Dachschunds, etc).

I think it's probably the end result of the attacks that scare people combined with media bias.

Then you provided a link to a study that contradicted your claim of goldens being way more aggressive. You also said it was done by the AKC which can't be true because they don't even recognize Pitbulls as a breed.
They were more aggressive. Sorry that the “way” threw you into such a tizzy and somehow “contradicted” what I said, even though the temperament test shows that Pit Bulls pass at a higher rate than Goldens.

Staffies are literally often referred to as Pits interchangeably, my guy.

Done responding though. ✌🏾

You referenced overbreeding yourself. Gonna bow out because I’m not trying to derail the thread, but that last line doesn’t make sense. It reflects bad on a breed of animals that human being choose an extremely loyal, powerful and athletic dog to engage in fighting? That’s straight up nonsensical :lol:.
Dude your point here is nonsensical.

We are talking about human deaths, I brought this up before, and you didn't address it.

getback getback and you couldn't address it.

You use of dogfighting makes no sense on paper, because I would think they dogfighting increases the death of other dogs but does little to explain the discrepancy in human deaths.

Since I thought you were referring to something that would explain the human part, then if my point is nonsensical to you, blame yourself for that.

Also, you are reinforcing my point. You can post all you want about their temperament, but you are acknowledging here there are unique features about pits compared to other dogs. Welp, those same things make them more dangerous than other dogs when they turn violent on humans compared to a Golden Retriever or Chihuahua

If you don't agree with me because you like pits, fine. Doesn't make your argument convincing at all

I feel human actions are most responsible for the problem. But the unique features of the breed play a part.

The rockets already struggle on offense. That’s a given, but the defense can’t be as bad as it’s been recently. Unacceptable for the team to come out that flat at home back to back. Now the injuries are coming. Going to be tough now.

Back
Top Bottom