The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

1709933621680.jpeg
IMG_8117.jpeg

So how much blame does Luka get for the Mavs looking like they won't do ****, again?

The Mavs gave him a new co-star, built a deep team around him. Yet, no one is talking about them as a championship contender. What is missing?

Seems to me the the off-season is it just gonna be fire Kidd, say Cuban has to get Luka even more help, and hope Luka does come into camp fat again.
Even with being 5-5 in their last 10 and Kyrie playing 66% of their games, the Mavs are 7 games above .500.

Who was expecting the Mavs to be a contender this year? Which of the contenders would trade their rosters for the Mavs’ “deep team”?

Always ways to critique guys but yea, more Exum, THJR or Josh Green touches and less Luka isn’t the take that makes sense. Especially when he’s having the most efficient season of his career across the board.

Even with being 5-5 in their last 10 and Kyrie playing 66% of their games, the Mavs are 7 games above .500.

So what? They haven't been completely terrible, ok. Other teams have had injury issues and managed to stay afloat

Who was expecting the Mavs to be a contender this year? Which of the contenders would trade their rosters for the Mavs’ “deep team”?

I would think the Mavs expected to contend.

They went to a conference finals a couple of years ago, traded for Kyrie, made a bunch of other moves, are a first-apron team, and Luka is in year six.

Like when do the expectations come? It's not like they are in a rebuild.

Always ways to critique guys but yea, more Exum, THJR or Josh Green touches and less Luka isn’t the take that makes sense. Especially when he’s having the most efficient season of his career across the board.

Ok cool. You don't like that take.

But I'm asking, after trying multi-role players, costars, and coaches, when does it come time to look at Luka.

So what? They haven't been completely terrible, ok. Other teams have had injury issues and managed to stay afloat
Their expectation was not to be a contender from anyone with reasonable expectations from this team. Vegas set their o/u for win total at the beginning of the year at 43.5. They’re 9 games off of that right now with 20 to go.
I would think the Mavs expected to contend.
Who should they be ahead of that they’re currently behind? They basically brought the same team back with a few young or unproven guys added. Grant Williams sign and trade flopped so they pivoted to PJ Washington at the deadline.

If you want to criticize Luka, then go ahead. But this just seems like narratives and not an actual nuanced critique of him when you’re talking about multiple costars, deep benches and coaches. The Mavs biggest L was losing Brunson for nothing. They ended up having to give up draft capital for an older and more expensive PG once that didn’t work.

Back
Top Bottom