The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

1710346097570.png

Like Luka Doncic is obviously not a PG, he can't guard a single human at the PG position.

he can average 10 million assists, it doesn't matter, if you can't guard that position, it means you gotta get someone who can.

lol reminds of 2k this convo right now

PG who can dribble/shoot but cant defend so you have to stick him in the corner to guard the corner boy

Using that logic Magic Johnson isn't a PG. Size is only used to determine a players position in middle school and rec league ball.

i didn't say anything about size.

I said it's who you can guard.

SGA is 6'6 but he can gaurd the PG and thus is a PG.
Luke is 6'7 but he can't gaurd PG's thus is not a PG.

If Magic was a point guard, there’s absolutely zero argument for Luka/Harden/Bron etc not to be.

Magic couldn’t guard anybody so they did the same thing Dallas does with Luka and have him guard whoever is weak.

Luka can't guard a single human at any position :lol:

He's absolutely the point guard, though. Use your eyes.

he isn't, he's the primary ball handler.

just like Lebron was the primary ball handler
or dwayne wade was in his prime
or James Harden was in his prime.

primary ball handler =/= pg.

your primary ball handler can be a SG, SF, PF, even a C theoretically.
the thing that determines the position is primarily who they can guard.

If Magic was a point guard, there’s absolutely zero argument for Luka/Harden/Bron etc not to be.

Magic couldn’t guard anybody so they did the same thing Dallas does with Luka and have him guard whoever is weak.

i don't know why people think this is a gotcha.
Magic stopped playing PG in the back half of his career, he couldn't guard them anymore.

just like Tim Duncan was defending centers despite being listed at PF.

This is why everyone doesn't need a mic in front of them. Like Bean didn't pack them boys up in 5 in '08 at the old ages of 31, 30 and 25 respectively. Had a lot to say but never won back to back...miss me with the nonsense.

….. swept y’all boys in 99 though

Tbh I think this is IT trying protect his all time ranking because he knows Steph is better than him.

99% of the time your position is who you gaurd.
Because he isn't as good as advertised. One of the biggest beneficiaries of the gassing of the 80s and 90s

Isaiah Thomas is one of those people who have undeservingly been elevated to a mythical status. Lowkey a fraud.

This man has been held in high regard as a player since his Indiana days and prep days. Y’all just be saying anything :lol:

Same way D.Rose’s brothers protected him. Isaiah’s brother did the same as a youth in Chicago. He was a blue chip recruit…. My mom is 55 years old and was an Isaiah Thomas fan during his Pistons days. And we’re from Florida. He’s always been a legend

If Luka plays the Celtics and guards Jrue or White instead of The Jays, does that make him a point guard?
Again you are just listing exceptions that prove the rule.

You know in any reasonable scenario Luka can't gaurd the PG.

So you have to point to the rare starting 5 in the league that has two elite wings, an elite offensive c and the worst offensive player is PG sized.

Defense is the primary consideration of what position you play.

If it was typical for NBA teams to have slow non threats at the PG position, I'd say okay sure Luka can play PG.

But you know this isn't true.

Back
Top Bottom