The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I worked for all my life
And I had to start again
With just my children and my wife
I thank my lucky stars
To be living here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
From the lakes of Minnesota
To the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas
From sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston
And New York to L.A.
Where's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say
That I'm proud to be an American
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
And I'm proud to be an American
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

USA USA USA STAND UP OR STAND BACK AND STAND BY.

ADVERTISEMENT​

YOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

His “Greek thing”? He was born in Greece, grew up in Greece, basketball in Greece. Why woudnt he play for Greece first and foremost?

Embiid you could absolutely make a case though to play for Cameroon.
His parents moved there like three years prior for work, he didn't receive statehood until the NBA draft, and I read his book, it didn't even seem like he was treated nice period. But he can do what he wants... EYE personally wouldn't.

His parents moved there like three years prior for work, he didn't receive statehood until the NBA draft, and I read his book, it didn't even seem like he was treated nice period. But he can do what he wants... EYE personally wouldn't.

His parents moved there 3 years prior but duke was still born and raised there. I dont see why he would play for anyone but Greece, thats where his basketball life started and developed.

Why is he acting like he's never tapped into Zhuri's Disney+ account
puQAB7j.png

It's an absolute outrage that grown men get to choose where they play basketball. Disgusting.
LOL

i dont wanna disrespect Anti so i totally understand his perspective of it - they are both not born here in the states and like anti said its a PRIDE thing for him.. Embiid on the other hand maybe truly dont give a damn about pride and instead just doing it for his family

Anti got every right to feel the way he does bout someone not wanting to play for their home team but truly at end of they day its not Anti decision on where embiid can and cant play - sure you can debate it but wont be right or wrong just your opinion

at end of the day its a dumb topic

embiid decision wont stop us from living life every day and enjoying what the world gave us

I'll never be able to get behind the Giannis playing for Greece.
He didn't gain Citizenship until he made the NBA despite being born there.
Giannis himself said he was treated with extreme racism.
If he weren't a NBA superstar, he'd be another African that country wants to get rid of.
He loves Greece, but them people don't love him.

if they had the challenge back then, MJ would only have 5. That's the real reason you can't compare across eras. I assume Sloan would have saved his challenge and not already used it. Challenge. Time out. Call reverse, the offensive player Mr Jordan uses his arm to illegally dislodge the defender. Basket is negated and ball rewarded to the Utah Jazz

if they had the challenge back then, MJ would only have 5. That's the real reason you can't compare across eras. I assume Sloan would have saved his challenge and not already used it. Challenge. Time out. Call reverse, the offensive player Mr Jordan uses his arm to illegally dislodge the defender. Basket is negated and ball rewarded to the Utah Jazz

FACTS.

But the league wanted Jordan to win no matter what.

What call would there for Sloan to challenge?

Starting Embiid over AD makes no sense tactically. I would be shocked if Embiid started, and then I would play Bam. There are a myriad of better offensive players on the roster, who can actually play fast and don't need to sit around and foul bait all day. Joel Embiid isn't the featured player of this team or anything close to it. But he's hella soft and wants to ride coattails. More power to him.

Thats what happens when you're a loser, you get desperate for wins. Things like pride, shame, and morals fly out the window.
U.S. got Serbia in their bracket. Jokic got some weight on AD and bullies him to his spots. Bam is a great defender, just 6’9 and Jokic shoots right over him. Embiid is the best tactically in this matchup and don’t think it’s really close

I'm a full blooded American.

I drive a FORD, I wear PATAGONIA AND COWBOY Boots with my OAKLEY shades, and I love my blond haired milk maidens. Sunday's are for FOOTBALL and I think if Mr. Embiid wants to align with that we should support him.
'MERICA.

Sincerely,

-WASHED
CEO BROTHERS IN BRON
HEAD SECREATARY OF THE SEXYY RED FOR PRES COALLITION
CHELSEA BOOTS OVER EVERYTHING
So basically you’re Karl Malone

Back
Top Bottom