The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 2 on ESPN / Celtics Lead 1-0

His eyes light up every time he gets the ball with Goober on him. Suddenly gets super aggressive. Can do whatever he wants with zero resistance.

His eyes light up because the goal is to get Gobert away from the rim.

Gobert shuts down the paint offense when he can guard Aaron Gordon and play help defense.

So do you bench Rudy and just try to run em out the gym? KAT/Naz/Slowmo played Jok well in DEN and in turn gave them actual offense on the other end.
They’re a combined -1 in the Gobert minutes in the last 2 games.

In G2 the point of emphasis was limiting Jokic’s shots, doubling him on every single touch below the 3 point line.

Theoretically doubling Jokic is the last thing you want to do but Denver didn’t make any plays out of it in G2 and Jokic had no rhythm, so you have to at least try it again for an extended period.

This game is more or less how I thought the series would go which is why I had picked Denver in 5. Just happened to take til Game 4 to finally get it. Figured Ant would always be able to get his, but they don’t have any other advantageous matchups. Didn’t really expect any blowouts either way though.

This game is more or less how I thought the series would go which is why I had picked Denver in 5. Just happened to take til Game 4 to finally get it. Figured Ant would always be able to get his, but they don’t have any other advantageous matchups. Didn’t really expect any blowouts either way though.
as bad as nugs played, they had a chance to win gm 1 as well. think they had a lead late before minny closed them out.
folk overreacted after that stinker in gm 2.
i think it don't matter if rudy is in or not. nuggets get this type of support and they will be hard to beat

His eyes light up every time he gets the ball with Goober on him. Suddenly gets super aggressive. Can do whatever he wants with zero resistance.
20240512_224211.jpg

Joker was dogging it in game two (and frankly since the end of the Lakers series). The Nuggets got his attention now. Not sure game two has any bearing moving forward.

We must be watching 2 different games. He’s getting walked down by Jokic. Getting cooked in help too. Not all on him but Aaron Gordon made his first 9 shots.

The nuggets made the adjustment, using AG as the screener more, having AG as the ball handler. using him to get

but ultimately the Nuggets offense is way better with Gobert on the bench.

non-Jokic bench units are killing. them. They've played the Gobert- Jokic minutes pretty evenly.

I don't know how you look at that and say.

"Gobert is the problem. "

Joker was dogging it in game two (and frankly since the end of the Lakers series). The Nuggets got his attention now. Not sure game two has any bearing moving forward.
Dogging yeah but naz/towns at least make him defend in space. Full on rest guarding Rudy. And we will gladly double ant lightly and let goober post up whoever.

Back
Top Bottom