The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 2 on ESPN / Celtics Lead 1-0

When randle was out for the year there was no expectations for the team for me at least... so the first round win was a surprise for me... with no OG forget about their chances all together
Even if Lil Ricky was healthy he might make it interesting. He's playing but that foot ain't helping him at all out there.

Me walkin round the crib:

“Hit that pose, take that flick. Check your angle, post that shht. Hit that pose, take that flick…”

IMG_2733.gif

Gorbert is a help defender shot blocker. No way he should have 4 dpoy. They just been giving him the award because they're lazy. He's big and he blocks shots. AD should have one of them dpoy awards, Wemby shoulda got it this year.

Gorbert also benefitted from playing in this era where it's only a few dudes that's playing defense.

lolwut? he's had plenty of great defensive performances in the playoffs. I mean he was incredibly effective in game 1.

Defense is just less important than offense, one defensive player can only do so much. its not an excuse, it's just the reality.
First round does not fall into the signature moments category especially when in those years he got embarrassed off the floor in the following rounds

Defense is less important than offense yet they traded a ransom for him. Another reason why he is an easy target as someone mentioned before

First round does not fall into the signature moments category especially when in those years he got embarrassed off the floor in the following rounds

i mean this is just entirely fictional.

Defense is less important than offense yet they traded a ransom for him. Another reason why he is an easy target as someone mentioned before

uh..."defense is less important than offense" doesn't mean defense, is worth nothing.

it's worth a lot. clearly enough to be a 3 seed and go up 2 on the champs, but it's still worth less than offense.

Scheme, and teammates impact an individual defender more than offense. that's just facts.
it's not an excuse to note this.

Connelly is really good. Pistons would be smart to get him but I would want to see how he navigates the CBA before committing that type of money but it isn't my money so do you.

i mean this is just entirely fictional.

uh..."defense is less important than offense" doesn't mean defense, is worth nothing.

it's worth a lot. clearly enough to be a 3 seed and go up 2 on the champs, but it's still worth less than offense.

Scheme, and teammates impact an individual defender more than offense. that's just facts.
it's not an excuse to note this.
Hang the banners for his first round accomplishments you heard the man!!!YEEEE HAWWWWWWWWA

Gorbert is a help defender shot blocker. No way he should have 4 dpoy. They just been giving him the award because they're lazy. He's big and he blocks shots. AD should have one of them dpoy awards, Wemby shoulda got it this year.

Gorbert also benefitted from playing in this era where it's only a few dudes that's playing defense.

who should have won DPOY?

Anthony Davis? did he stop Jokic? Nope.
Wemby? Jokic is currently averaging 33, 11 and 8 against Wemby.

The reality is in the modern NBA great offense beats great defense 99% of the time. this isn't the 1960's anymore.

Goober is a really good defender. I’d have no problem with having on my team, French and goofy and all.

My main issue is that he’s been given accolades that put him on a pedestal that he shouldn’t remotely be on because he is very obviously not on some step above a bunch of his contemporaries.

He’s huge and has great shot blocking instincts. Great help defender in the paint. There’s other guys that do that and more though. Hell one of the guys in the absurd package he was traded for does it at a very high level.

The combo of his contract, pathetic offense, and the fact that he’s really not making any kind of significant impact in this series rightfully opens him up to some criticism.

I having nothing but respect for the Wolves and their fans. I think Rudy is an outstanding defender and when paired with the right team he will make a good defensive team great which I understand to be why he’s won defensive awards. With that said there are matchups that have always been tough for him and Joker happens to be one of those matchups. Joker and Rudy have been playing against each other for years especially when Rudy played for the Jazz. Joker knows his game very well and all the things that Joker does on offense really lessens Rudy’s on ball defense which is why KAT is usually the on ball defender with Rudy roaming. When KAT gets into foul trouble and Rudy has to guard Joker it is difficult especially knowing that unlike AD, Rudy doesn’t make Joker work on defense.

who should have won DPOY?

Anthony Davis? did he stop Jokic? Nope.
Wemby? Jokic is currently averaging 33, 11 and 8 against Wemby.

The reality is in the modern NBA great offense beats great defense 99% of the time. this isn't the 1960's anymore.

But starting Naz Reid over Rudy in this spot isn't the move?

Goober is a really good defender. I’d have no problem with having on my team, French and goofy and all.

My main issue is that he’s been given accolades that put him on a pedestal that he shouldn’t remotely be on because he is very obviously not on some step above a bunch of his contemporaries.

He’s huge and has great shot blocking instincts. Great help defender in the paint. There’s other guys that do that and more though. Hell one of the guys in the absurd package he was traded for does it at a very high level.

The combo of his contract, pathetic offense, and the fact that he’s really not making any kind of significant impact in this series rightfully opens him up to some criticism.
Wouldn’t want him on my team with that stupid *** contract no way

Wouldn’t want him on my team with that stupid *** contract no way
Yeah I guess it would really depend with the contract :lol:

Would need all the other pieces to be pretty perfect to make work. And to be fair, the Wolves are kind of close.

KAT obviously isn’t a great pairing with him though.

This was an over 10-minute segment of SAS saying Durant is a problem, and should be traded, because he is not upbeat and sociable

He then said teams like NYC and OKC would not trade for him not because of his play or contract, but because he would mess up those teams because he is no fun to be around

He implicitly blames KD for Draymond going off on him

And then when he gets the slightest bit of pushback says tons of teams would trade for KD

Asked for an example, after disqualifying teams with assets like the Knicks and Thunder, the team he mentions is.............the Lakers :lol:

This was such a ****ing unserious segment. SAS just doesn't like KD and he can't bring himself to admit it

KAT is fine in an aggressive defensive scheme (see 2022), where he can show and even switch. What he can't do is defend the rim. So in that sense, Minnesota made the correct move in trading for the ultimate rim protector in Gobert.

Back
Top Bottom