The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavs on TNT / Mavs Lead 3-0

Dawg…Jayson Tatum is averaging like 29/8/5, and he’s been to the conference finals like 4x already (about to be 5) and has been to the finals 2 years ago

He’s the guy. You overthinking it :lol:
Tatum shooting splits are horrible. Hes def not that guy. Watching him vs looking at box scores are like night and day with him. Dude was 11/25 the other night. He's on a great team. He aint no Luka, Ant or SGA ill tell you that. King of taking tough shots

It’s interesting to me that, while a lot of people paint the basketball development pipeline as being better in some countries they than the US, a lot of the great international players that have come along have credited some of their all-around skills to playing sports other than basketball when they were young.

Like Joker’s water polo history impacting his passing and guys who played soccer like Nash saying it helped with basketball footwork.

There’s a lot that goes into someone becoming a great NBA player and, IMO, the system they come up in is much less important than innate talent and work ethic.

There is not another game I think helps you become a better hooper than Soccer growing up. There is a direct correlation.

I don’t know how many players have to tell/show us this for us to finally believe it.

Get at them out of pee-wee football in the Spring and put them in a Soccer program.

I was going to like this, but Bron never had a huge gap. Kobe, KD, Steph were right on his bumper. Jokic timing right now, is really CRAZY tho. Stars aging out. New stars TOO young. Giannis & Luka are right there with him tho.

Let’s not get crazy. Giannis especially.

I think Steph, Greek the Freak, and Jokic were glitches in the script. I think the reason why those dudes upset folks is because they didn't grow up on the circuit, weren't highly praised as youths and they got in the way of Bronze cleaning house during his career.

There is not another game I think helps you become a better hooper than Soccer growing up. There is a direct correlation.

I don’t know how many players have to tell/show us that.
Back in the day my point guard on my AAU team was quick af. He was a natural playmaker and just had great vision and footwork. Come to find out, he was nigerian and his first sport was soccer. So I think its something to that fasho

Giannis cant make 5 FT in a row if his life depended on it. I think his shooting got worse tbh. Cant put him on Jokic level. Wemby will be top 10 next year

I don’t know how many players have to tell/show us this for us to finally believe it.

Get at them out of pee-wee football in the Spring and put them in a Soccer program.

I agree, I don't think there is another sport that could get someone ready for basketball.

Buy I think that can be accomplished through playing more basketball as well.

More film. More study. Engaging with tougher competition. More situational practice.

It could help but it isn't necessary. (Not saying you said it was)

He was also born in Yaoundé
Bleeds red white and blue. A true patriot
041224_USAB-06-e1713369624890.jpg

Did MJ play soccer? Steph? Durant? BRUNSON?

No and I’m not saying it’s necessary. Some people/athletes are just so naturally gifted and still have amazing footwork.

I’m just saying it that it HELPS the average person. Because once you get past a certain age it becomes difficult to master your footwork - you’re already so far behind.

I think Steph, Greek the Freak, and Jokic were glitches in the script. I think the reason why those dudes upset folks is because they didn't grow up on the circuit, weren't highly praised as youths and they got in the way of Bronze cleaning house during his career.

That’s exactly what it is. And me and you been saying it from the jump :lol:

Ppl don’t wanna be honest about it. They weren’t supposed to be THE guys

I agree, I don't think there is another sport that could get someone ready for basketball.

Buy I think that can be accomplished through playing more basketball as well.

More film. More study. Engaging with tougher competition. More situational practice.

It could help but it isn't necessary. (Not saying you said it was)

Oh yea. Basketball can help you with other sports too.

Absolutely. You won’t get an argument from me here at all.

100% agree.

I think just being multiple sport athlete helps with your coordination and dexterity. Bron was played football, Jordan played baseball.
Alan Stein argues it also would cut down on the number of lower extremities injuries we see with young athletes. Since there wouldn't be so much consistent stress to the same joints/muscles/ligaments from playing the same sport 24/7.

Tatum shooting splits are horrible. Hes def not that guy. Watching him vs looking at box scores are like night and day with him. Dude was 11/25 the other night. He's on a great team. He aint no Luka, Ant or SGA I’ll tell you that. King of taking tough shots

Shooting splits don’t matter in the playoffs. He’s led his team to the finals. Hes going to do it again this year too :lol:. He is the leader of a team that won 65+ games. Do you see how insane that is? 3 diff coaches in 5 years, doesn’t matter. Still a ECF-Finals type cat…at like 25 years old. I hate the Celtics, but Tatum is top tier

Tatum is one of them man. Stop playing dumb dawg. All the evidence is there

I hate watching the Celtics play. I'm not even a hater of the franchise like some dudes are, but the team and their style of basketball is by far the most boring to watch.

I think just being multiple sport athlete helps with your coordination and dexterity. Bron was played football, Jordan played baseball.
This is what Klays pops always preaches. He said when basketball was out of season he’d have his kids playing tennis, baseball, flag football…wouldn’t let them touch a basketball until season was back on.

This is what Klays pops always preaches. He said when basketball was out of season he’d have his kids playing tennis, baseball, flag football…wouldn’t let them touch a basketball until season was back on.
Makes sense. Not to brag but i was a decent amateur athlete. (No where near pro level at anything. Im just an accountant now lol) But whatever sport I pick up im decent at it, but as a kid I did everything. Baseball, football, tag, played catch, swam and obviously hooped. I just think playing multiple sports keeps you from being a goof. My son will def play soccer.

Back
Top Bottom