The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavs on TNT / Mavs Lead 3-0

Retiring Vince Carter’s jersey as a Net is funny… :lol:

Guess they’re just handing retired jersey numbers over there in Brooklyn.

Since everybody thinks Gobert is a fraud, I want to know what they thought of Marcus Smart winning DPOY? They shipped him out a year later for a better defender…

What about Jaren Jackson who can’t even grab 10 rebounds?

Good offense will always beat good defense.

The Gobert hate is really just he’s a goof and French.

Needs to be pinned worldwide

Was talking to pro s&c coaches they said by 7 they can go do plyos.

The sport with the best base for functional athleticism for all sports for kids is gymnastics. Playing tag and games like that is critical for athletic development as well.great for coordination

Since everybody thinks Gobert is a fraud, I want to know what they thought of Marcus Smart winning DPOY? They shipped him out a year later for a better defender…

What about Jaren Jackson who can’t even grab 10 rebounds?

Good offense will always beat good defense.

The Gobert hate is really just he’s a goof and French.
All these guys get their fair share of hate too tbf :lol:

Probably peaked with JJJ during the FIBA debacle last year where he was getting outebounded by everyone and their mother.

Smart also heard the liability talk for years so don't think it's Rudy getting uniquely singled out for being French. Just people don't expect a historic, 4x DPOTY to be getting individually hunted from start to finish of an important playoff game.

They also don't expect his team to perform noticeably worse with him in the lineup than they did when he wasn't even suited up.

His achievements come with another level of expectation that he's yet to live up to when it really matters. It was the case in Utah and continues to be the case now too.

1715796863852.png

He did this in July 2021 yet I was told earlier that Joker has been the undisputed best in the world since 2021 :lol:

The **** is insane :lol:

But it really tracks tho. Giannis, Steph & Jokic been the best 3 players in the league since the Covid Cup. All been validated and rewarded. All took advantage of their window.

Jokic my guy, and he got the ball right now. Luke, Giannis, Tatum, SGA, Ant, Wemby are on my guys heels tho.

But to the larger picture…it’s incredible to see the new talent flourishing and carving out their lanes. These playoffs have been fun without “the big 3” and many others.

The league is in good hands. Silver made the right call on curving the lack of physicality/free throws

Just get the 2K minded gen Zs to appreciate the game, and the league in the best shape ever. But then MMM’s going to sway different

All these guys get their fair share of hate too tbf :lol:

Probably peaked with JJJ during the FIBA debacle last year where he was getting outebounded by everyone and their mother.

Smart also heard the liability talk for years so don't think it's Rudy getting uniquely singled out for being French. Just people don't expect a historic, 4x DPOTY to be getting individually hunted from start to finish of an important playoff game.

They also don't expect his team to perform noticeably worse with him in the lineup than they did when he wasn't even suited up.

His achievements come with another level of expectation that he's yet to live up to when it really matters. It was the case in Utah and continues to be the case now too.

Who’s the best defender in the nba? Jokic will punish them too :lol:

Rudy just had his best series ever looking up Booker/KD/Beal

Y’all will come to the realization that Jokic IS A 4X MVP, and going to be a top 10 player ever.

Dikembe Mutumbo could not stop Shaq. You’re looking at one of THEM

I think Wemby gonna be best player in the world in 2 years.

Right now though it's not close.

I think he’ll be there by end of next season. And I think it’s closer than most people are ready to admit. Which is great for Wemby

I just opened up tiktok and caught WASHED KING WASHED KING live :lol:

IMG_1811.jpeg

Under normal circumstances yea it’d be better until that happens.

I was hypothetically talking about a kid getting into the league/pro/D1.
Depends on the sport. Golf tennis gymnastics etc. yes obviously younger the better. But basketball and football for example are probably the two with the most late bloomers

Who’s the best defender in the nba? Jokic will punish them too :lol:

Rudy just had his best series ever looking up Booker/KD/Beal

Y’all will come to the realization that Jokic IS A 4X MVP, and going to be a top 10 player ever.

Dikembe Mutumbo could not stop Shaq. You’re looking at one of THEM

Elite and all time greats will more often than not cook Elite and all time great defenders. How many Jordan and Kobe stoppers did we see that still got cooked? Jokic is ELITE and would cook and has cooked every elite post defender in the league because he's that guy just like you said. Not to mention his BB IQ is Bron level so the more he goes up against a style the easier it is for him later. Back when GS won that year, Dray was extremely effective against Joker until game 3 after he figured it out. Gobert not playing in the East is a huge difference. Joker and Gobert have been going against each other at a minimum 4 times a year since they've been in the league.

acting like Nets retiring VC number is absurd when he's third in scoring in just 5 seasons

Wolves still haven't retired KGs number. Cavs retired Mark Price's number. Orlando did Shaqs. Does it matter anymore? :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom