The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavs on TNT / Mavs Lead 3-0

Niang is built like this guy.

IMG_3187.jpeg

IMG_3188.jpeg

People need to chill on the Tatum hate.

The man over the past 5 fairly deep playoff runs has averaged about 26, 9, 5 with a steal and block. Only knock has been fairly poor efficiency hovering around 50% effective field goal. Hes a good defender, works hard, has a game suited for success. There’s obviously more talented guys but he’s always available and there.

The East is just weak and can’t stay healthy. Seeing celtics play a health Embiid and a healthy Giannis would of been fun.

It don't matter what defense you throw at jokic when he is on like that. I think Rudy as the helper is probably the best option, but Naz and Kat getting cooked as well. You come with doubles and AG is going to catch them lobs or he kicks out for three. Their offense is warriors like as you know what they are going to run, but at the mercy of them just missing. Jokic has soooo much gravity

Wolves were lucky to be close with MPJ shooting side step back threes and Murray slow start. Jokic made it a point to be super aggressive

I would agree with your assessment. while it is true that everyone is being cooked by Jokic, it didn't help that Gobert as the best defensive player awardee is getting completely annihilated by Jokic. it would certainly leave a big dent on his resume. the problem with the Wolves is that they have too many bigs that are not that agile or decent enough to have a consistent offensive capability. Gobert for example is only good for open lay-ups and lobs and couldn't create offense on his own aside from having bad handles. I also find him really slow for rotation and couldn't switch fast enough. He is practically the new Roy Hibbert who is only great on defense on the low post. since Jokic pretty much killed Gobert's only real use, there is no other redeeming factor that Gobert can contribute. among the other tall players, Gobert is pretty much one-dimensional as he has always been when he was still in Utah. other teams have exploited this by bring their centers on the top of the key. it was bad then and it's even worse now considering it is Jokic.

Perfect circumstances for a big Marcus Morris game. No pressure and the green light to chuck.

Back
Top Bottom