The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

^^^ Pretty certain Kobe would have wanted a ring without Shaq for himself, regardless of what anyone else thought about it. Especially after Shaq won his 4th first and the “tell me how my *** tastes” video got out :lol:

Yeah and I'm quite confident Lebby wasn't concerned about the "old heads" when he was trying to win with Cleveland.

We all understand this intuitively.

Greatness hinges not just accolades and trophies but on how you perform under pressure. In extremely adverse circumstances do you rise the occasion?

The Warriors squashing the Cavs because of quirk of salary cap math tells relatively little about KD's greatness.

Steph title vs Boston means more than any of those KD Warrior titles.
He went up against a worthy opponent, faced difficult circumstances and rose to the occasion.

Until KD does that he's permanently behind Steph for example.

The Sixers are def worth more than $3B now.

The Suns sale drove the price wayyy up for every franchise.
Hmm not sure about that. Suns are just in a good spot with the team being good, prime warm weather location, near LA and have a good history.

I guess the barometer will be when the Blazers are for sale in a couple of years.

Lebron legacy was actually helped by the fact that he's a bad fit with D Wade
and the salary cap really made it tough for the Heat in the first year.

Because of that the Heat actually didn't squash the league, there were tons of really dramatic,
and adverse situation.

and Lebron rose to the occasion and was victorious.

and then he came back from 3-1 playing maybe the best 3 game stretch in NBA history.

Sorry, that means more than GSW squashing helpless Cavs teams.

We all understand this intuitively.

Greatness hinges not just accolades and trophies but on how you perform under pressure. In extremely adverse circumstances do you rise the occasion?

The Warriors squashing the Cavs because of quirk of salary cap math tells relatively little about KD's greatness.

Steph title vs Boston means more than any of those KD Warrior titles.
He went up against a worthy opponent, faced difficult circumstances and rose to the occasion.

Until KD does that he's permanently behind Steph for example.
So if his toe is 1 inch farther behind the line vs Milwaukee you view kds all time greatness completely differently??
Cause they definitely smacking the hawks in the ECF and have at minimum a 50% chance against the suns. All this **** hinges on such coin flip moments and timely plays by role players in a lot of these big games...

So if his toe is 1 inch farther behind the line vs Milwaukee you view kds all time greatness completely differently??
Cause they definitely smacking the hawks in the ECF and have at minimum a 50% chance against the suns. All this **** hinges on such coin flip moments and timely plays by role players in a lot of these big games...

of course, all time greatness is about splitting hairs,

and unfortunately it might come down to the hair of a toe being on the line.

It would've been tough for the Warriors to get back to the Finals in 2017 with no Durant, much less win. Kerr has gone on record saying they couldn't expect Curry to carry the team like he did the previous two seasons.

The Thunder were setting up to be an even better team the following season with Durant returning, adding Oladipo and young Sabonis and the Cavs were a juggernaut that season.

The reality is what happened is more valuable than hypotheticals.

Like could sit here for example and say
"KG if he swapped places with Tim Duncan would have won nearly as many championships."

I could make a statistical argument than KG is just as good as Tim, maybe a hair better

But the reality is that didn't happen.
and in a close debate, I can't take a hypothetical over what actually happened.

TD won those chips, KG didn't. Life is unfair.

It would've been tough for the Warriors to get back to the Finals in 2017 with no Durant, much less win. Kerr has gone on record saying they couldn't expect Curry to carry the team like he did the previous two seasons.

KD going to GSW robbed us of so much.

If Curry could have pulled it off in 2017 or 2018, that would have meant way more than any of those KD rings.

Back
Top Bottom