The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

Embiid did that for antidope antidope
Rooting for the failure of the Sixers and Suns
Screenshot_20240123-114416__01.jpg

Screenshot_20240123-114401__01.jpg

Anti rn:

20240122_230516__01.jpg

who is this player getting up 20 threes a night

I’m exaggerating. Some dudes putting up 8-15 3s though. KAT hit like 10 to get his 62 so, go figure. I’m just saying, it can be done with or without the 3. I’m just tired of bad shooters hoisting up 3s.

I think that's part of the reason why G League Ignite players have struggled in the league. They were so athletically advantaged in the G they could just get by on that. Once they get to the league, they had to adjust to the pace and length of the game, and they have struggled since they never learned the fundamentals.

I have a whole issue with the Ignite, they're just not setting them up for success. College/overseas is the best way to go if you're a young prospect.

I think that's part of the reason why G League Ignite players have struggled in the league. They were so athletically advantaged in the G they could just get by on that. Once they get to the league, they had to adjust to the pace and length of the game, and they have struggled since they never learned the fundamentals.

I have a whole issue with the Ignite, they're just not setting them up for success. College/overseas is the best way to go if you're a young prospect.
Going to disagree. There hasn’t been a life changing prospect in the G for one. For two, it’s European players coming here and struggling in college. The adjustment from the G to the league is going to be tough for everyone. Sharife cooper is like the best PG in the G, big difference between him and even a Malcolm Brogdon.

Of course you need to teach fundamentals at the pro level. Screening as a big in HS ain’t the same as it is in college and isn’t the same in the league

Nobody acting like lamelo is a cone though

One was on his way to all defensive team and one clearly isn’t

But if you want to dig deeper than your initial post of raw stats which is always an elementary (pun intended) way of looking at things

I would say ant is more dynamic of a scorer. He puts way more pressure on the rim. Finished way better at the rim. Creates way more in the midrange and finishes way better in the midrange

IMG_7358.jpeg
IMG_7359.gif

Going to disagree. There hasn’t been a life changing prospect in the G for one. For two, it’s European players coming here and struggling in college. The adjustment from the G to the league is going to be tough for everyone. Sharife cooper is like the best PG in the G, big difference between him and even a Malcolm Brogdon.

Of course you need to teach fundamentals at the pro level. Screening as a big in HS ain’t the same as it is in college and isn’t the same in the league
I see where you're coming from, but the hype for Jalen Green and Scoot was unreal heading into the league. They were thought of as for sure NBA stars (I still believe in JG, but it ain't looking good). Kuminga was hyped as well, tho not to the level of those two.

I'm just saying that the idea of the Ignite is good, but the execution has been subpar at best.

I see where you're coming from, but the hype for Jalen Green and Scoot was unreal heading into the league. They were thought of as for sure NBA stars (I still believe in JG, but it ain't looking good). Kuminga was hyped as well, tho not to the level of those two.

I'm just saying that the idea of the Ignite is good, but the execution has been subpar at best.
But thing is though guys go into college super hyped too and don’t even make it to the league. The top ranked players don’t always end up in the league. Kuminga been solid but still raw. Don’t think a year at wherever he could have gone to school changes anything especially if it’s still the GSW timeline.

Killian Hayes cant dribble with his right hand or shoot. Even with all the European fundamentals. Deni getting better but he can’t dribble. It’s year 4 and he’s finally making 3s (American skill work)

College development though is real for guys like Jalen Williams. I’ll give you that.

But thing is though guys go into college super hyped too and don’t even make it to the league. The top ranked players don’t always end up in the league. Kuminga been solid but still raw. Don’t think a year at wherever he could have gone to school changes anything especially if it’s still the GSW timeline.

Killian Hayes cant dribble with his right hand or shoot. Even with all the European fundamentals. Deni getting better but he can’t dribble. It’s year 4 and he’s finally making 3s (American skill work)

College development though is real for guys like Jalen Williams. I’ll give you that.
LOL true, you make good points. In general player development is lacking for sure. The league has to step in and do something, idk what tho.

Back
Top Bottom