The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Man it was good but I think it's hard to appreciate to some extent since we know it didn't happen.

Their perspectives were really cool (even though they had my guy Malcom looking like a huge Buzz Kill). Also didn't like that they made him look so opportunistic in regards to Ali.

I felt like some of the timing was obviously off based on historical timelines but otherwise the story and concept are really cool. Would love to know what kinda of conversations are had with black men at that level. This genre or idea could do really well down the line.

Regina King did a good job of not making it seem like a play. It actually got better once it got to the hotel room.

I like that it added dichotomy and depth to their personalities. History likes to paint people in broad strokes, as if people are just one way. Like MLK is just I have a dream and we should all be equal. Malcolm X is by any means necessary with a gun.

Everyone was comparing him to Denzel, but I was comparing him to dude on Godfather of Harlem. I was probably the least convinced in him.

Mindhunter was good but I’m a little disappointed that there’s no word on Season 3 after all the hype behind BTK. The ATL situation was so wild and also so ****ed up with how they only charged him with the two adults and closed down all the missing kid cases. I did research and it looks like police believe that they can connect Wayne Williams to at least 23 of the 30 of the 30 murders.

He was moving CRAZY once the FBI, APD and news stations started watching him. Giving the feds a burger? Holding a presser in his crib?? Driving to and causing a major scene in front of the mayors crib?!?!

Also - definitely disappointed in the coverup of the old white dude who surely caught some of the bodies. He definitely had someone in the APD who removed the photos of black kids for him :smh: |l

Mindhunter was good but I’m a little disappointed that there’s no word on Season 3 after all the hype behind BTK. The ATL situation was so wild and also so ****ed up with how they only charged him with the two adults and closed down all the missing kid cases. I did research and it looks like police believe that they can connect Wayne Williams to at least 23 of the 30 of the 30 murders.

He was moving CRAZY once the FBI, APD and news stations started watching him. Giving the feds a burger? Holding a presser in his crib?? Driving to and causing a major scene in front of the mayors crib?!?!

Also - definitely disappointed in the coverup of the old white dude who surely caught some of the bodies. He definitely had someone in the APD who removed the photos of black kids for him :smh: |l

I thought it was just hitting it's stride in Season two.

I thought it was just hitting it's stride in Season two.

Agreed man. I was shocked in S2 when I was on Episode 9 and realized it was the last one (thought there would be the traditional 10 like S1). But the unit was finally getting love in the big leagues, Tench lost his family, Holden was realizing how **** gets in the workplace when mover-uppers are in charge (he also saw how cruel the justice system can be). Really disappointed but I enjoyed what they showed us.

A showdown of them vs BTK (who was an insane freakazoid) would have at least been a nice final season after the buildup at the beginning of every damn episode.

Hillbilly Elegy 5/8 - A story we've seen before but its well acted. Glenn Close stood out for me. Netflix is spending crazy money.

Saw that Peaky Blinders is getting a movie post the final season. Hyped for that after a recent binge. The season 4 finale was great.

It will not be returning for a Season3.
Found that out yesterday.

It will not be returning for a Season3.
Found that out yesterday.
tenor.gif

I gave The Sinner a shot because it was recommended after Mindhunter. I liked S1 with Jessica Biel but the second season with the little boy isn’t as good but I’m already on Episode 6 out of 8 so I minus whale finish.

Going to see what’s up with Evil Genius afterwards because it’s a quick 4-part limited series.

I like The Sinner. S3 with Natalie Paul fine *** is better. I dont even remember what happened in S2.

Good looking out on that recco because I was thinking of passing on S3 based on how sus S2 was :lol:

Loving Rosamund bae completely leaning in to the sinister white women role again here :pimp:

And Eiza Gonzalez is in this too?!?
1611147642363.gif

Reminder Set :smokin

Back
Top Bottom