The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Josh looking fit though :wow:

Wonder if he’ll ever show up in an MCU or DC project. I know he was first choice for Batman in Nolan’s trilogy. Then dude passed and went on to do Lucky Number Slevin after that :smh:

yea he looks good, he just kinda vanished from the entertainment industry for a minute. it was weird seeing him emerge in this role as a silent actor? Dude said nothing the entire documentary.

Just binged Georgia and Ginny with the wife, dope series, great acting from some of those kids....show can get pretty dark

so who purchased the Ultra HD/4K option for Netflix? Is it worth it?

The guy who just mounted my tv said a lot of the content is available in 4k

:sick: non 4k Netflix. Family uses my sis' Netflix and after the price increases she dropped it to the SD tier, that was unwatchable so I put a gift card on asap to up it to 4k. Usually put something on every now and then. If you have a 4k UHD tv with Dolby Vision, that stuff looks incredible.

:sick: non 4k Netflix. Family uses my sis' Netflix and after the price increases she dropped it to the SD tier, that was unwatchable so I put a gift card on asap to up it to 4k. Usually put something on every now and then. If you have a 4k UHD tv with Dolby Vision, that stuff looks incredible.
yeah, I had no idea until he mentioned it. For $4 more, its a no brainer.

THEM
I haven’t had it in me to watch.
Haven’t wanted to be in that state of mind or being or despondence on my own volition.
Real life has included enough of that over the recent year or so.
I mean damn, I live in a Country where even my President co-signed shut up and dribble and was a strong advocate for “standing during the Anthem” just so he could crap on us taking a stand against that hate, all while we continued being gunned down in our beds and homes and cars and neighborhoods simply for being black.
I just couldn’t tolerate ingesting more of that, especially in a TV show.

Today, though....I felt like we finally got a W, and some hope and my spirits were lifted a bit.
I’m at work with a Client when the verdict is being read and there I stood as a 40+ year old man, and I couldn’t hold back the tears, I couldn’t. Standing there with tears of Joy in my eyes as another Man’s life as he knows it is ending and I can’t help but feel a little but of shame because I think of all the people and family and friends that are losing someone important to them. They aren’t even losing him to Death, just to the system and still I was ashamed that it brought me some sort of pleasure. If only that kind of emotion and self shame was felt by the perps who continue to take our lives and sleep well at night.....

Anyway, let’s have a look at THEM

Wow man.
Little Marvin did some exceptional writing here.
The Directors took his words from the page and did some great things. I was surprised to see Lena Waithe as EP.
Episode 1 takes you right there almost immediately.
Episode 2 though, man...gripping is an under statement.
That scene at the dinner table where the husband smirks at the wife for “feeling Mrs. Vera, indulging in her child’s fantasies and falling off her rocker again/letting the crazy out”....the look in his face to her, and then the look of hate she gives back with a smile as she returns the favor by serving him pie, essentially sending him right back to his own crazy place. Both with tears in their eyes as they can’t help but pass the hate that is given to them by their White Racist neighbors onto each other. What a sad scene. That one hit me hard. This is going to be one hell of a watch. So much hurt and hate here. Wrestling with their own demons while more are introduced to them daily...Jesus man.....this Wolrd can be a pretty ****** place for us to be such an advanced species. What a bunch of pissants.

Last edited:
Oh boy.
This is very upsetting.
This 5th Episode is really going hard.
It really drives home how the GI BILL was set up to further establish White Wealth and Dominance across the entire USA. Being reminded of this helps put into perspective how you can have......let me hold that thought, get back to this episode.

“A lot to unpack” was an understatement deusavertat deusavertat

Cat in the bag is some ****. I’m angry they let that fly
Now I see the what this post is about.
I almost want to stop right here at episode 5 and watch and read a few episode recaps.
I can’t imagine what Black Twitter has to say.
.......hell, Twitter in general.
Now I see why the beginning of the episode had a disclaimer.
They (the Producers and writers of the show) Legit started a Website that sounds like it’s then needing to explain and defend this whole part of the story.
I have to finish this. 1. So I can see how much further these guys push the envelope. 2. So I can read some reviews and recaps. Considering that the first 1-2 episodes got their direction from Black Director and the rest did not, I’m eager to see how much more the Series continues to change. There’s no way this didn’t get blowback. Written by a Black man but brought to life by mostly White Directors. The fact that content this heavy is being shown to us under the Direction of NonBlacks has to be a topic of conversation.
Definitely not at a loss for words right now.
I haven’t seen this kind of onscreen Boldness since A Time to Kill.

Last edited:
Ginny and Georgia is entertaining. This stereotypical hot teen show/movie white dude has me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Georgia's southern accent is :evil:

Been watching that DOTA cartoon. Pretty good. Never played dota but back in college my friends played it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom