The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

S1 was 10/10 fire
S2 was 5/10, would’ve quit but s1 was so good so I kept going
S3 so trash I quit after 5 episodes

Still after 3 tries now I have not made it past the first episode (fell asleep) of season 3. I'm either much more washed than I thought, or it's really that bad. Thinking about giving up on it, way too much other stuff already this month.

About to fire up The Witcher.

On episode 4 of and the Withcer is just pretty mehh, it was tapped as something that would fill the void of GOT, but it's closer to The Shanarra Chronicles.

I'm watching the Witcher too, I'm a big fan of the video game so it's nostalgic and I'm enjoying it. To compare it to GOT is setting a pretty high standard.. GOT won a bunch of emmys and had billions put into it.. If you're looking for that, this isn't it. The writing isn't as good or production, but I'll be binging it this weekend and count me in for the next seasons.

Anybody watching Dont **** With Cats?

This **** is NUTS i'm two episodes in and i can't stop watching.
Late, but that guy was twisted. I didn't want to watch it because I didn't wanna see animals get killed(I don't like seeing people die either, but I know they would never show it), but I was completely into it 20 minutes in. My girl is totally immune to hearing about the most heinous murders, especially when it's super descriptive, so every now and then she forces me to watch that negative ****. Some of those show/youtube videos/podcast episodes ruin my day while she just goes on with her day laughing at Instagram posts like nothing happened. :smh: :lol:

I'm watching the Witcher too, I'm a big fan of the video game so it's nostalgic and I'm enjoying it. To compare it to GOT is setting a pretty high standard.. GOT won a bunch of emmys and had billions put into it.. If you're looking for that, this isn't it. The writing isn't as good or production, but I'll be binging it this weekend and count me in for the next seasons.

I think that's where they missed me, I went into it blind never played the game. I think that's left me pretty confused and having to Google almost everything/everyone. Still dont quite understand what a witcher is really even... Definitely wasn't expecting GOT level of a show, but more of an adult fantasy like GOT. Just remeber reading an article of the next 10 shows to fill the fantasy void left by GOT, and if I remember correctly The Witcher was like number 2 or 3 on the list, The Lord of the Rings Amazon show was number one. So far IMO The Witcher fails pretty bad. I doubt it even gets picked up for another season, the reviews I've read are terrible.

Just saw the first episode of the The Witcher and I enjoyed it. Especially that sword fight scene. I might play the games after i finish watching the show.

On the 3rd episode of The Witcher. Not familiar with the source material or the games but here we go. A bit confusing at first but I figure it'll make sense by the end. Aside from the obvious GoT comparisons, I also get strong The Last Kingdom vibes.

I watched Shot Caller.... it was aight , personally I had a hard time buying the storyline /character change. It was entertaining I guess

Man I've been anticipating the Witcher since it got announced, and I'm loving it so far (2 episodes in).

I've played the games and read some of the source material, Cavill was honestly such a great pick for the role. He's got the mannerisms and voice down pat from the games lol.

Witchers are basically just people who have done training and gone under rituals (to get powers) to become monster hunters. They're bounty hunters for monsters.

Last edited:
The Witcher is actually pretty cool, I’m digging Cavill, and that hun back priestess is booommbbbb...also was that Emily blunt?

I think that's where they missed me, I went into it blind never played the game. I think that's left me pretty confused and having to Google almost everything/everyone. Still dont quite understand what a witcher is really even... Definitely wasn't expecting GOT level of a show, but more of an adult fantasy like GOT. Just remeber reading an article of the next 10 shows to fill the fantasy void left by GOT, and if I remember correctly The Witcher was like number 2 or 3 on the list, The Lord of the Rings Amazon show was number one. So far IMO The Witcher fails pretty bad. I doubt it even gets picked up for another season, the reviews I've read are terrible.

I;ll concede that they should make it easier for mainstream viewers to understand, it's more catered to fans. To continue the comparison to GOT, GOT was quite confusing for many especially in the beginning. When I tried to get friends into it before it was popular they said there was too much going on, too many characters, and didn't get it. You're thrown into it all and the information trickles in (as it should imo). In terms of another season, Witcher has been picked up already. In regards to reviews, it has a 58% critic score on rotten tomatoes, which is terrible. It also has a 91% audience score, IMDB put it at a 8.9/10 with 44k reviews. I can understand why critics reviewed it poorly. Geralt is a emotionless robot by nature, but as the story grows his dry humor, wit, are greatly appreciated

It’s getting a second season? :stoneface:

Was hoping it’d get cancelled so a channel like hbo or starz or epic could do a better show based on the games. Also cast someone better than cavill that is looking like a bigger, zestier legolas.

Was hoping The Witcher would help bridge some things and explain the story before I play the game, but it feels like it just started.

Back
Top Bottom