***The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2012-13 SEASON THREAD***

solid first half. took a drive to get going...but looking good now. the two TEs look great. brandon lloyd looks great aside from misjudging that deep ball. welker and edelman with catches. ridley looks awesome so far. everyone getting involved on offense :pimp:

the three rooks on defense :pimp:

how bad is chandler jones hurt? better not be serious

If we're gonna have that Texans/Pats AFC championship game, this is how I'm hoping the Pats play. Until the AFC title game of course :lol:

no complaints from today...except for us mailing it in and running the hell out of it at the end of the game.

defense slacked on a couple drives, particularly the titans' first 2nd half possession, but other than that, solid effin game. tackling today was on point. a lot better than last year. dudes were all over ball carriers as soon as they got the ball.

offense looked pretty good. interesting how lloyd was extremely involved while welker didnt get too many looks after that bad drop. lloyd was pretty good...exactly what we needed, an intermediate to deep sideline presence. ridley has the speed/power combo...love it. ran the ball great. TB12 was pretty sharp except for a couple of those low passes.

proud of my boys today 
pimp.gif

preseason had me super worried about the Oline but they delivered....defense was looking good also

steven ridley ballin

chandler jones ballin

brandon lloyd is a natural fit

grink and hernande make their way to the endzone 

pimp.gif

Business as usual on these bums :pimp: :pimp:

Ridley :wow:

Jones + Hightower :wow: :wow:

Looking forward to watching the Pats punish the Cards next week :pimp:

We looked good today. Mccourty shouldve def made that pick and i think it wouldve boosted his confidence even more.
As much as i love my team i hate how we conduct bbusiness sometimes. I feel us putting in edelman and taking welker out is just to show him no one is above the team . However i dont see Welker being like moss and jawing at halftime for more throws.

Im alot happier with the defense because i know we will continue to get better.
Solder has to step up too on the o-line bc when elite pass rushers come knockin he has to better.

We looked good today. Mccourty shouldve def made that pick and i think it wouldve boosted his confidence even more.
As much as i love my team i hate how we conduct bbusiness sometimes. I feel us putting in edelman and taking welker out is just to show him no one is above the team . However i dont see Welker being like moss and jawing at halftime for more throws.
Im alot happier with the defense because i know we will continue to get better.
Solder has to step up too on the o-line bc when elite pass rushers come knockin he has to better.
meh , im all for flipping welkers for a 2nd/3rd ....... i still remember welkers going down and edelmen replicating his production in 2010.....edelmans had alot

of time to get get adjusted to the offense  , ESPECIALLY if ridley is gonna ball out like that.

the offensive line  still needs to be addressed and although where ballin on defense where gonna need more depth

if these guys are gonna give us 16 weeks......or where gonna have to rely on winning 13 games by week 15 and sitting the

starters + first week bye....

but yeah very happy with the performance the boys put on tonight

Still recovering from yesterday's activities...I liked what I saw out there though.

I don't want to jump the gun but it's nice to see Cunningham continue to build off his good pre-season. He was giving them fits yesterday.

Aaron is my guy but I feel like sometimes he should pull a Deion Branch and slide his *** down when there's nothing there. Dude will get his YAC regardless...I just cringe when I see him twisting and turning all over the place for an extra half-yard.

EDIT: I still don't trust the midgets on secondary. Fitz is coming to town next week too...
mean.gif

Last edited:
Im good with flipping welker too. No one is above the team but my point is if we are going to pay him than play him. What will happen is we will not sign welker and he will walk and im cool with that. Edelman will step in and people will say we didnt even miss welker. However, that will be due to Gronk and Hernandez making more plays and Ridley if he keeps this running game up. The offense is changing and im very happy with that. Right now though, if welker is going to be here, PLAY THE MAN. Lets hope its just this weeks issue.(i doubt i though)

Flip Welker for a 3rd round draft pick though?! :x :x Im straight on that. Dude is a weapon and still a part of the offense. Just keep him on the roster and if nothing is worked out at the end of the year then just let him walk. Flipping him for a third rounder would be straight disrespectful and a bad football move IMO.

If we are going to keep him which i want us to, than play him. Its a worse move for football to keep someone on the roster and not give them the plays they deserve. Unfortunately hes been through a serious injury and up there in age, he will never get a big contract from us. Some stupid *** team may give him one but we wont.

The people who see this as an issue im sure are longtime fans who seen big players leave without contracts or didnt get the money they deserved. Granted different situations but these players come to mind (seymour, asante, branch, moss).

Maybe raiders want to give us a first rd draft pic for him too ? :smile:

If we are going to keep him which i want us to, than play him. Its a worse move for football to keep someone on the roster and not give them the plays they deserve. Unfortunately hes been through a serious injury and up there in age, he will never get a big contract from us. Some stupid *** team may give him one but we wont.
The people who see this as an issue im sure are longtime fans who seen big players leave without contracts or didnt get the money they deserved. Granted different situations but these players come to mind (seymour, asante, branch, moss).
Maybe raiders want to give us a first rd draft pic for him too ? :smile:

Bill ain't no dumb repeat foolio w/ the same play book. He keeps things fresh and morphs the offense in ways that keeps opponents guessing all the time. Like said, LLOYD looks really good. It's as if his height and speed as a wide out is an upgrade over branch.

I'm very impressed by Ridley though, the stats speaks for itself, but Corey Dillion era again? LOLZ

As said about the defense, I like it, but they are still rookies, so when crunch time happens, that's when the true colors will come out. We'll see though.

Grownk and AnnieHernia looking real good playing universal positions though.

I'm sure Welker will be that top guy down the road, but w/ so much weapons, the Patriots look like the Saints. haha

I still like Welker, but he looks to be the same beast as the Woodhead and David Lee (Golden State). Proally same family. lolz

Man the Dillon Days! dont remind me. It was nice to have a run game. I do miss law firm though. man was solid as a rock and an overall good dude. Hes on a good squad now and i root for him to do well. As long as ridley holds onto the ball we will be good. He had a damn good game last year vs the raiders. Lets hope he keeps up this form.

The fact that josh mcdaniels came back made me very happy. I didnt like bill obrien as offensive coordinator as we lacked alot of things. That catch Lloyd made that was challanged impressed me. It was the most difficult catch but what got me was how he secured the ball and even upon hitting the ground that ish did not bounce move nada.

So far i liked what ive seen from:

LLoyd
Ridley
Jones
Tavon Wilson

Trying to get tix to the game vs the cards. Esp bc Troy Brown is getting inducted into pats hall of fame. That was my DUDE!

Man the Dillon Days! dont remind me. It was nice to have a run game. I do miss law firm though. man was solid as a rock and an overall good dude. Hes on a good squad now and i root for him to do well. As long as ridley holds onto the ball we will be good. He had a damn good game last year vs the raiders. Lets hope he keeps up this form.
The fact that josh mcdaniels came back made me very happy. I didnt like bill obrien as offensive coordinator as we lacked alot of things. That catch Lloyd made that was challanged impressed me. It was the most difficult catch but what got me was how he secured the ball and even upon hitting the ground that ish did not bounce move nada.
So far i liked what ive seen from:
LLoyd
Ridley
Jones
Tavon Wilson
Trying to get tix to the game vs the cards. Esp bc Troy Brown is getting inducted into pats hall of fame. That was my DUDE!

I agree. I hope we continue to get better, and most of all, stay healthy.

LOL @ gostakwski lowering shoulder though. haha..

wes will be fine. teams have to begin to shift coverage to gronk and hernandez...things will open up for wes. he's still old reliable on third down, minus that drop :lol:

:smh: :smh: Wow I didnt think Baltimore was going to do all that . Flacco :rolleyes :lol: i see u bro

Cant believe Ed and Ray been in the L almost 20 years and still Putting in work :x :x :x

Media's going crazy to create drama about the Welker situation :rolleyes

for real man. it's alright...we can deal with media hype

awesome day for football today. wish i was tailgating at gillette for this one :lol:

let's gooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom