***The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2012-13 SEASON THREAD***

what killed us tonight:

1) that 13 yard loss on the reverse to edelman. killed a smooth rolling drive. gave the ravens momentum to score in the 1st half.
2) offensive line on our last two offensive snaps. ZERO protection.
3) secondary play. whether or not you blame the refs...they played awful. they got all those flags and STILL couldn't slow down torrey smith and boldin
4) the offensive PI on edelman. unbelievable call.

it sucks that these two teams (who are becoming rivals imo) played such a tight game, and the refs got so involved. it was flag after flag. 30 something penalties? cmon :x

Quick thought (this was actually on my mind during the last few minutes)...what Eddo said in this thread earlier about the Patriots 4th quarter/late game management and execution was SPOT ON. Lately, and by that I mean the last few years, there's been way too many blunders that almost NEVER occurred during the Dynasty years. Easy INT's being dropped, stupid penalties extending opponents' drives, not getting that 1st down to run more time off, bad play calling, etc. It's frustrating.

Sorry if it sounds like overreaction but you can't tell me it wasn't anything other than POOR execution once again.

I miss Zant.
frown.gif

EDIT:
yo and am i trippin or has our late game management been complete trash for what feels like 3 years

clock,play calls , penalties etc .  it struck a nerve with me against the jets in the playoffs in 2011 

and it hasn't gotten any better ever since it feels
Eddo the prophet.
tired.gif

Last edited:
thats a tough loss.
not going to blame the refs...TERRIBLE on both sides. but man. shoulda been a W. bad one to lose.
its funny , i thought going in we'd get outplayed and take a mediocre w

but we outplayed them and go down 1-2...

jones was MOVING EVERYTHING in his way , then again i only

caught the first half , seemed like he was getting crazy pressure

at any rate , dont get the hate towards edelman , but i agree he comes off douchey

oh and welkers still dropping passes , awesome

i guess any game against pollard where tom welkers and gronkowski come out healthy is a w  
laugh.gif

im not even in THAT bad of a mood , i caught the dolphins jets game and BOTH of those

teams are beyond hot garbage , division is still a cake walk

Quick thought (this was actually on my mind during the last few minutes)...what Eddo said in this thread earlier about the Patriots 4th quarter/late game management and execution was SPOT ON. Lately, and by that I mean the last few years, there's been way too many blunders that almost NEVER occurred during the Dynasty years. Easy INT's being dropped, stupid penalties extending opponents' drives, not getting that 1st down to run more time off, bad play calling, etc. It's frustrating.

Sorry if it sounds like overreaction but you can't tell me it wasn't anything other than POOR execution once again.

I miss Zant.
frown.gif

EDIT:

Eddo the prophet.
tired.gif
lmao i talk to deadset on twitter about that a while back , its frustrating

left the crib when it was 13-0....came home and stonefaced sportcenter for 10 minutes

that's been the issue...finishing games. drops, penalties, breakdowns in blocking, playcalling....always one of those areas where we been failing the last 3-4 seasons.

I was SMH at the 'bullcrap' rant by the crowd.

The Patriot's defense in the 2-minute scheme fell apart! They could've at least ran more time off the clock, or given up a TD, and have Tom Brady operate.

Either way, it seemed like THEIR DEFENSE was a lot better than OUR DEFENSE when it mattered most.

Reminiscent again to last year's game, but more so, the Patriots inability to run the clock out in the Super Bowl. Man, where is THEIR GO TO PLAY?!

Mankins didnt make the trip to Buffalo. Gronk is not full strength and a game time call. Tomorrow is going to be a tough one. Buffalo isnt the easiest place for us to play to begin with, and this game is almost a must win at this point. Good test of our mental strength tomorrow.

^ for cheap? not sure.

buddy of mine picked up the new nike one for me at the Nike Employee store in Portland for $50

Now do we believe that gostowski sucks? dude has never been clutch. Defense gets two TO's and we cant get a f'n point from it. we look like ish.

gustkowski is the anti clutch...no doubt. he's rarely had to make a big kick, but never seems to be able to make on in a tight game.

offense will have to get it going and win this...typical

when i left to go to work it was 21 to 7 Buff. up

to see a big comback win (even though its against Buffalo :lol: )

feels Sooooooooooo good right now :pimp:

we definetly needed this cant wait to see the highlights later

man idk what a brandon bolden is but the waiver claim has been sent

feel like a boxer coming from a long break beating up on a tomato can 
laugh.gif

brandon lloyd finds the endzone , maybe the first of many to come , two of my money leagues thank you ....one is ppr so i wasnt hurting too bad

defense came up big when it counted , all you can ask with a young set of guy's

mankin got to rest and we put up 52 , enjoy boy's

Last edited:
nice, finally looked good in the 2nd half. that 1-15 joke was starting to not look funny anymore. 
laugh.gif

if we make it to the super bowl, hopefully we don't have to rely on Gostkowski for anything, let alone the game winning FG. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom