***The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2012-13 SEASON THREAD***

pats signed kellen winslow today as most of y'all heard...but also,

deion branch is indeed back with the patriots. in fact, his locker was never even cleared out :pimp:

pats signed kellen winslow today as most of y'all heard...but also,
deion branch is indeed back with the patriots. in fact, his locker was never even cleared out :pimp:
Is that even more bad news for Welker? Jackie Mac thinks the Pats will seriously consider trading Wes before season's end.

Hearing that branch's locker was never cleaned out was the icing on the cake in that article. I believe when he was cut they were saying he would be back at a cheaper price right? Think Mike Reiss reported that.

If the patriots are going to trade wes make sure you trade em to a stupid organization like the raiders. That way we get a top 5 pick again.
I personally do not want to see him go. We always make smart moves on whats good for the franchise financially but you cant trade that for SB rings.
Wes is our BEST wr. Hey may not be a down the field guy by any means but he is always good for a first down esp in third down situation. I think with branch coming back it just gives us more 3wr looks since branch is more of an outside lineup guy. Let edelman kick rocks for now. Branch had a steller game for us against the ravens upon returning to us from seattle.

There is no substitution for winning. Eventually we will be a mediocre team or even worse early 90's all over and i would love to sit back and say hey at least i got 4 or 5 sb victories not too long ago.
3 is cool but imo we shouldve had 6. (counting the afc loss to colts which we all knew the winner would destroy the bears) When you lose the last two it leaves a bad taste.

absolutely, DSK. didn't deserve to win.

that said, this loss is on mcdaniels for thinking we have walter payton in the backfield. we waited way to ******g long to abandon the run. we are not a running team. i don't get it. he killed so many drives with runs. pathetic. mcdaniels must be on that nostalgia for smashmouth football NTer steez.

hernandez out for next week is killer. going to baltimore...i can wait. yes, i said CAN.
why u co-signin that clown?  didn't deserve to win? what the hell game were u watchin? brady da gawd with those miracle throws there toward the end.....right over dudes finger tips.  the D stepping up big. stoppin the run stoppin Fitz.  shoot even special teams from what i saw was solid.  then the icing was causing that fumble at the end.....didn't deserve to win??....please....that's a good one.  if ure referring to the fact we kept running the ball. no were not a running team but perhaps the new england coaching staff knew something about az d in regards to the run that the general public is not aware of.  does that mean the coaches are infallible pope tony the 3rd? nah. but still i love the fight toward the end and yes we certainly deserved the win based off that effort alone.
these are games we suppose to win  
mean.gif

not looking forward to baltimore next week 
mean.gif
  definitely.  not because im an elitist and think AZ is garbage.....any given sunday.....but still, YEAH, i expected a W against AZ 
yeah it's certainly a delicate balance (and by delicate i mean as precarious as a fluttering leaf on an ancient oak toward the end of a new england october). that balance being what to do with high-profile players who are to one degree or another seen as expendable - keep them in hopes that they turn it up in time for january or let them go and stock up picks for the drafts.  tough call, one that certainly required great presence of mind and courage.  the welker situation is wierd to say the least.  i mean he says he lvoes it here and hes out doing his job not worrying about contracts, then the Pats turn around and make it rain for aaron, all the while diminishing welkers role.  while i was at the titans game i told my man, "damn, where the hell welker at?" he co-signed.  i think he's gone.  all signs are pointing to it.  it reminds me of when asante missed that pick in the giants sb win.  where was he next year? gone.  

im the biggest brady fan ever.  i'd give that man my ACL if i was guaranteed a perfectly functioning replacement.  i want him to get one more ring so so bad.  but i just don't see it......what with how young we are, how our o-line isn't as reliable, how we went from a smashmouth team to a finesse team.....i dont like it.  but hey prove me wrong new england. by all means.

side note, im over the sb losses.  they hurt bad that first week but then life has a way of filling in those gaps of pain and dissapointment.

^ good pts but the thing with asante was after missing the easiest interception in the world the man had the nerve after the sb loss to say he deserved to be paid and he felt he was one of the best corners.

Welker situation his eyes were bloodshot and you could see how bad he felt. His catch wouldnt of even solidified the game! Asante wouldve unless the giants wanted to go all tampa bay on us.

The sb losses do hurt but the afc championship game vs the colts was worse. Especially bc my brother emailed me the next day telling me he got two tix to the SB :frown:

Is that even more bad news for Welker? Jackie Mac thinks the Pats will seriously consider trading Wes before season's end.
what will we do without all those dropped passes in the superbowl.

this healing process is taking longer than expected.

probably because i dont be in boston where i assume u guys

comfrorted eachother 
laugh.gif

random......

superbowl party with silly dolphin fans and sill nyers who dont even watchfootball and  flip flop

on who they root for between the jets/giant in terms of relivency year by year FTL.

how do the nike jerseys fit ....i havent seen a pats one here and figure i could

cop one online , copped the draft day snapback and fitted back in aprill and they fit  
pimp.gif

im 5'10'' 165 , medium?

Last edited:
yo and am i trippin or has our late game management been complete trash for what feels like 3 years

clock,play calls , penalties etc .  it struck a nerve with me against the jets in the playoffs in 2011 

and it hasn't gotten any better ever since it feels

yo and am i trippin or has our late game management been complete trash for what feels like 3 years
clock,play calls , penalties etc .  it struck a nerve with me against the jets in the playoffs in 2011 
and it hasn't gotten any better ever since it feels

it's been over-conservative....instead of going for the kill-shots...we sit on leads. and when behind, we wait too long to spread it out and let brady cut up the defense

it seems everyone's giving the win to the ravens because they are 0-2 (stupid reason) and the Patriots dropped in the power rankings from #1. can't wait to see them shut up after sunday. 
devil.gif

i wonder if Kellen or another TE will be filling in for aaron. 

Last edited:
kellen should suit up, but not sure how big a role he'll play.

as for the ravens...they're at home and coming off a loss like us. the loser will be 1-2 which is a tough spot. both teams should be motivated. the ravens ALWAYS play us tough. they probably looked better in their loss last week than we did. so i can see how they would get the "favorite" nod. totally OK with it. would LOVE to shut them up.

btw...in the ray lewis football life show, anyone see the bit where him and brady go face to face. pretty cool i thought. was cool to see how much they respect each other even though on the field they're intense as hell and in each others' faces :lol:

Last edited:
not on offense. not sure if you're referring to something else (makes the call on player decisions - if so, then yes, he does).

u sure? i mean i always thought that he had the final say though. but not sure. i mean. im sure they are all on the same page, but more so, brady operates the no huddle really good.

kellen should suit up, but not sure how big a role he'll play.
as for the ravens...they're at home and coming off a loss like us. the loser will be 1-2 which is a tough spot. both teams should be motivated. the ravens ALWAYS play us tough. they probably looked better in their loss last week than we did. so i can see how they would get the "favorite" nod. totally OK with it. would LOVE to shut them up.
btw...in the ray lewis football life show, anyone see the bit where him and brady go face to face. pretty cool i thought. was cool to see how much they respect each other even though on the field they're intense as hell and in each others' faces :lol:

anybody know where I can buy a tom brady jersey in white? been looking around, and finally wanting to pull the trigger.

any spots?

thanks.

u sure? i mean i always thought that he had the final say though. but not sure. i mean. im sure they are all on the same page, but more so, brady operates the no huddle really good.
brady's calling the shots in the no huddle, that's why it's impeccable

Last edited:
not on offense. not sure if you're referring to something else (makes the call on player decisions - if so, then yes, he does).

yeah i would think bill might work with josh on overall gameplan and strategy. but josh is calling the plays in game. hopefully he's throwing more earlier on today

I'm excited for this game (Pats fan).  Really interested to see what they do with the offense this week.  It needs to find its identity.

i hate julian edleman :lol:

but i agree...i see them trying to get him the ball quite a bit tonight

Yea, not a terrible flex play in fantasy either.  Should be very interesting to see what the pats do without Hernandez, an injured/potential decoy Lloyd, and a frozen out Welker.  

I don't wanna spread negative vibes but I would be very impressed with the Pats if they get a W tonight. Hopefully it's a good one.

Leggo.

Back
Top Bottom