--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
Butler is as good as gone and Im not mad at him, almost shed a tear when I read that he said that the team gave up on him... |l

Me, too. I thought that was COLD BLOODED by BB. Especially when there shots of him just standing with his helmet on WAITING to be put in, and when BB was talking to the DBs, Butler was hovering around... ugh hard to watch. We'll never know what really happened but I just wish Butler gets a payday somewhere else, unfortunately. He deserves it.

Gronk pondering retirement, Butler benched, BB/Kraft/Brady "beef," etc. It's gonna be one tough offseason.

Man as much as I hate to admit it, I feel this could be the end. So many weird and uncharacteristic things happening.

I know we always say in bill we trust, but at some point his ego needs checked.
Malcolm had a down year but this doesn't make any sense. Feel so bad for the guy, he didn't deserve this.

I'm ready for anything.

After watching BB's 30 for 30 with Parcells, it shed me a different light about BB's football career starting out with humble beginnings. It's the type of persevarance and hardwork being overlooked in today's setting. But his success also came with controversies between the Giants, Browns, Jets, Pats, etc. and how he managed his ego/actions by having this calm demeanor. It p***ed people off because he's misunderstood 100% of the time.

I think him paired up with Brady brings the balance in BB's life. But sometimes egos take over the wheel and other people just wait on you to F up and crash.

I just don't want this team to fall off from being a 13-win team to a .500 record because of what happened tonight.

|l

IMG_9880.jpg

Yeah it was that quote that made the loss hurt man. Not saying he would made a big difference but that's a DB that's played in 2 SBs man, how do you not play that guy??

Objectively, that was an amazing game. Couldn’t have asked for a more exciting way to end the season. As a NE fan, while this loss hurts, it’s not as bad with banners for 49 and 51 hanging.

With that being said, this game felt so weird from Butler’s benching to the defense being awful to the missed FG. I’d like to know the real story behind Butler because I feel like we needed him out there. Rowe was toast from the start and it felt like we couldn’t get any stops on 3rd down and when we did, we just gave up the 4th down.

Beyond that, we had the game where we wanted it. 2 minutes left, 1 TO and the ball in Brady’s hands.

:frown:

I remember seeing Butler crying during the national anthem and thinking it was a little off that he was that emotional, but thought nothing further.

Then they announced his benching :smh:

This off-season is going to be VERY interesting.

You respect a player by benching him? WEAK.

How does the benching of Malcolm affect us in free agency? I don't think we'll be able to land a STUD player because of this drama.

Browner's IG post regarding Butler got everyone like Hightower to cosign it.

Watching Felger&Mazz and they've come up with a lot of takes (as expected). One of things they brought up is that BB has a tendency of reprimanding his players on big games because of reasons only BB knows. Like in the '14 SB when Arrington was benched due to performance and Butler started over him. Another one was when we cut Underwood on the eve of the SB.

*insert Seinfeld gif*

Last time I checked 5 > 4, but yeah Parker nitpicked a lot of things and spewed non sense.

What about Stickum Rice and the non-existent salary cap? Some players not being able to play a complete season for the Pats due to injuries/issues? Nah...

Everything Brady has done in his playoff career is nullified because he took another L and Montana's undefeated in the SB. It's like he will never get his due besides from fans in and out of New England.

Man, Rob Parker is the brady troll king lol. Kellermans a close second.
Dude are legit on there to play that role. I honestly don't think they believe what they say.

You just got ignore the trolling. If it ain't cheating excuses then it's the refs.

I thought the super bowl was officiated great but I would have loved to see the reaction if that Clement touchdown was us. World would have exploded if they kept that a touchdown for us.

People have to find an excuse for how the pats are owned them for 18 years now. Can't just accept that we are watching the greatest QB and coach.

:lol: @ that take. TB12 already has GOAT status locked up. Dude is 40 and threw for 500+ yards 3 TDs in the Superbowl against a top tier defense. If anything, he added to his legacy.

Yeah, I don't listen to any of these hot take shows. Rob Parker has been a known Brady hater for some time now. Sports media/fandom in this day and age with social media is pretty much just hot takes, trolling and memes.

I wasn't totally surprised when I saw that knowing the kind of BS these experts say for the sake of views/likes.

ANALysts be like, "That Clement and Ertz TDs got buried right away, huh. Since officials made their judgment after reviewing both, it isn't worth the discussion anymore. So let's have another Montana-Brady comparison talk for the 1982748th time..."

Liking the avy change, getback getback ☘️

Out of that list,guys I hope to be back:

D-Lew
Burkhead (dude is a legit weapon with his versatility)
Flowers (he came on during the stretch run and played decent,provides some depth when KVN and Donta are healthy)
Solder(Dude has improved a lot from when he used to be a turnstile)
Playoff Dola

I wouldn't mind Harrison coming back if he doesn't retire,he can be good in sub packages.

Didn't expect MB to be back for this season let alone next year

Bolden's probably gonna be back by camp time,he got cut last summer but still ended up back in the squad. Dude seems like a Hoody fav

Bolden, Slater, and Ebner are musts for special teams. King is great there, too...but loading up on ST aces really hurt our depth in other areas

Dola, Lewis, and Burkhead gotta be brought back.

Waddle should be brought back.

Flowers should be brough back. Good speed, relatively speaking, for our LB corp.

Solder I can see hanging em up. Tough spot there with his kid. Wouldn't blame him one bit.

I'm hoping for Dola and Lewis for sure. Idk if Gronk retiring is a legit thing, but I need to see another season of Brady, Gronk, Jules and Dola together. Add in Lewis, Cooks, Hogan, Mitchell, White and Burkhead and hopefully we can put together something on defense.

Back
Top Bottom