🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Pittsburgh 4/15-4/17 Jackie Robinson Day

Thoughts on the move?
They gave up alot.
Canos contract is too long. This will be a burden in years 4&5 of the contract.
I don't like the deal.

I wish we would've dumped Travis Darnaud and Flores, then out that $ towards a stuff catcher.

I understand this is a "win now" move. I think there will be another move or 2.

Let's see what else Brodie does this off-season.

Feel Like We Gave Up A Lot...

We did give up a lot. But between Bruce and Swarzaks contracts thats $ coming back to us. Cano had a great 2018 in spite of missing 80 games.Statcast has him as being a top5 2nd baseman this past season.

Hopefully Cano can be a productive guy for the majority of the contract.

I am excited for Diaz being under contract for 4 more seasons.

I’d be more receptive to the trade if a move like it was made following the 2015 season where they were a potential piece or two away from getting over the hump.

I’ve seen some Mets fans trying to frame the move as a “win now” move. But even with this move, their ceiling is a wild card spot to me. It’s a still a huge gap between them and the top teams in the NL. They have a ways to go. I like the Diaz acquisition, but unless they shore up the bullpen collectively, he’s not going to be going into many games in the 9th with a lead. Plus there’s so many bullpen and relief options available via free agency that they could’ve went that route without giving up prospects.

Corbin to the Nationals isnt a good look for us. Our division isnt getting any easier.

Realmuto is the Mets top target. They're gonna wind up giving up a guy like Rosario or Nimmo and fans are going to be PISSED.

Why not just sign Grandal?

Realmuto is the Mets top target. They're gonna wind up giving up a guy like Rosario or Nimmo and fans are going to be PISSED.

Why not just sign Grandal?

Im ok with trading Rosario, but not Nimmo. Nims has shown hes a legit pro and can do it at a high level. Rosarios 2018 season wasnt all that great.

Im ready to move on from Realmutto, the marlins want too much. Mets should look elsewhere.

I guess Travis D. and Kevin P. are plan B in case we dont get a studd catcher.

And the mets just signed J.Familia, 3yrs/$10 mil.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018...-jeurys-familia.html?fvtc_order=desc#comments

I can tolerate Fakilia as a setup guy with Diaz closing. Forget this closer by committee nonsense that Callaway was talking about last season. Need defined roles in the pen.

These malparidos really brought back Familia for $30 mill? WTF! I say this as a Dominican, get that Platano out of Queens!

These malparidos really brought back Familia for $30 mill? WTF! I say this as a Dominican, get that Platano out of Queens!

I hear ya. But read this and it might change your thoughts on familia.

Apparently he was better than I thought.

^

From what I see

Either Brodie or Allard Baird wants to have their own players they scout

Trading low prospects who have low chances to make the major for experienced players who are still under contract for more than two years; Broxton and JD Davis. Brodie mentioned he wants to have strong depth

Im ok with the moves we've done thus far.

Im excited to see Broxton do some glove work and hit. Im aware he had 175 strikeouts but I dont think that'll happen again.

heres highlights from Broxtons 2017 season ( he played 50 games in 2018

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom