The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

real talk, i been feeling these since day one.  i know ima get put on blast for saying this but the whole SE line blows the FK line out of the water as far as clean aesthetics go.  FKs are hella muddy in appearance and loses the visual aesthetics of material layout and break in lines.  the SE retains that look and does a much better job of mixing old and new.  all the hype about being able to rock something comfortable while looking retro should be placed on this line, not the FK. 

with that said, these things is prob heavy parkas for the feet.  light, probably, breathable?  i hope, but doubt it.

edit: actually, i take it back.  they look very thin.  i was under the impression that it was a lot thicker and bulky. it might breathe, especially with the perf tongue. 

Last edited:
Well said. And the 2013 "vntg" are pretty spot on to an actual OG today.
I disagree. Gladly sold my pair when the 2015 version came around,

Couldn´t deal with the pre-yellowed sole and materials and the infrared was damn near pink.

Only when I had the crisp pair in hand did I notice how yellow the whole shoe actually is :D

Last edited:
i dont mind the distressed look of the fabric but the pre yellowing is just awful.  i'll paint those joints.  anything prefabbed to look vintage is wack and straight up poser.  like a 50 year old man rocking with pre ripped jeans.  or any man rocking with pre ripped denim. 

I don´t get that wmns shoes for men issue. If it fits what is the problem? 

I disagree. Gladly sold my pair when the 2015 version came around,

Couldn´t deal with the pre-yellowed sole and materials and the infrared was damn near pink.

Only when I had the crisp pair in hand did I notice how yellow the whole shoe actually is :D
Haha, I agree. Just saying they actually do look like the OGs, 25 years later. Def my least fav of all the releases. I do own them, but with The 05s, 08s, 10s and 15s too. Just saying it was good match with OGs.

nothing can beats the 01-02 Mx Orange and the 03 infra, the rest from the retros are just watered down infrared copycats

nothing can beats the 01-02 Mx Orange and the 03 infra, the rest from the retros are just watered down infrared copycats
Not sure I 100% agree with that, but I also don't own or have seen either up close. But If it wasn't for the rest of the retros 99% of us would just be looking at those pictures too.

My bad I just remembered the ones that were dope to me.
laugh.gif
Lol, no issues, Its just that I thought those options just released yesterday.

Man was sitting in the corner excited [emoji]128514[/emoji]

2003 Infras...my love.  Only one I **** wit.  Immediately rushed out to cop 2 pairs of the 2005 HOAs when they dropped, but eventually sold them, opting only to hang on to these.

Here's a few pix of my 2003s.  Wear them sparingly.  Always a classic.  Forever one of my all-time, all-time favorite shoes period, not just Air Max.  Guess I'm just a bit infra'd-out with all of the drops over the years.  Nevertheless a head turner every time I see a pair...

Oh schnap, AAS sighting!  
wink.gif

Dat padding tho!

As you can see, I scooped these from ARC in NYC.  At the time (2004), I was living in Boston and went to visit my good buddy (and his peeps) in Jersey City and our other mutual friend who was up from VA for the 4th of July weekend.  BBQ'ng and partying aside, I went trekking through the city on the hunt for these, dragging everyone along for the ride .  We were like 20 deep, mobbing through the city that day.  Felt great to be on a mission and then strike success.  ARC, with it's dim lighting, dark wood decor, leather seating, green carpet, and amazing selection of kicks was like an oasis that hot/humid day.  I spied the infras behind the glass on the top shelf, asked if they had my size...guy went back into the stockroom, came out with a box and I knew it was on.  Tried to haggle him on price to no avail (thought $160 was a lot and tried to keep it a secret from the mrs's..hence that missing piece of the box tag)...insta-copped and went on my merry way.  Rest is history.              

Last edited:
The guy that said these were all great wasn't lying. Still like them but not sure why they didn't give up the white/grey colorblock. You can see it a little better in pic 2 compared to a 2015. Just look at the difference in lace color. The whole shoe is that grey.

These got me thinking about LB releases, and that we're about due for an OG build release. Correct me if I'm wrong, 2007 JD-first retro, 2010 OG, 2012 EM, 2013 OG but vntg, 2016 Ultra. It's been since 2010 that an OG had been released, excluding the vntg.

These got me thinking about LB releases, and that we're about due for an OG build release. Correct me if I'm wrong, 2007 JD-first retro, 2010 OG, 2012 EM, 2013 OG but vntg, 2016 Ultra. It's been since 2010 that an OG had been released, excluding the vntg.
Wasn't there a 2015 OG?

Don't mind these making a comeback... :smokin

View media item 2121553

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom