The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

1579649556826.jpeg

I mean, whatever. Ill probably end up copping the chlorophylls when they drop like this. The leather will be a nice switch up and the whiter upper will be good for summer i guess. All i can hope for is there being enough demand to force them to do the other one as well.

Got my (fake) volts in yo :rofl: they were seriously misshapen out the box, shoe tree-surgery!!
IMG_6372.JPG
got my size 14 volts...mudguards are actually just fine.

quality isn't great but whatever I'm going to beat these into the ground...decent air bubble too
no lie! definitely going to be an errand/quick-run shoe for me.. would probably even grab another pair if they are around long enough to hit sale prices

Going back to my 2010 laser blues I had to take them off and go back to the new volts.

Not even over looks I hate walking around in them now comparatively. The 10s toebox sucked.

These are sitting on Nike EU (early member access) FSRs. Good for peeps who want to order multiples and build a decent pair with good mudguard / least amount of dents. It is a shame this release tho, great box - average shoe.

These are sitting on Nike EU (early member access) FSRs. Good for peeps who want to order multiples and build a decent pair with good mudguard / least amount of dents. It is a shame this release tho, great box - average shoe.
How is it average? Its price point is 120 and is made of the same synthetic materials is was when it came out. I love leather and hate when synth leather is used but i prefer it on these because im looking forward to that cracked patina look these particular shoes get when they age. They prob wont last long enough but atleast its theoretically possible. People think theyre flimsy, i think they are what theyre supposed to be. Obviously QC could be better but other than that they nailed this release.

Obviously QC could be better

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying they're total gash. They're much more comfortable / light than the previous retros and I rate Nike for staying true to the OGs. Man it's like all Nike drops.. easy to be pedantic I guess, only because we have time for the silhouette and have to wait so long for OG / decent retros.. anyhow I just ordered the mints in a 10.5 (half down from usual 90 sizing) will post on foots Friday when they land - mints my favourites so far - fingers crossed.

Last edited:
How is it average? Its price point is 120 and is made of the same synthetic materials is was when it came out. I love leather and hate when synth leather is used but i prefer it on these because im looking forward to that cracked patina look these particular shoes get when they age. They prob wont last long enough but atleast its theoretically possible. People think theyre flimsy, i think they are what theyre supposed to be. Obviously QC could be better but other than that they nailed this release.

People are wild man lol. We just gotta let em be. Nike absolutely knocked these out the park! You’re eyes aren’t deceiving you bro. They’re really good. And thanks for mentioning the price point. You tell me where you’ll find a better value for $120? You get the nostalgia, look and feel of the actual OG for $120 or less and you got dudes complaining like these are supposed to have Dior suede and Gucci leather. It’s really a disgraceful shame to not appreciate these re-crafted ‘90s and complain about them after ALL those years with botched shape and non-OG materials etc etc. I’ll never understand it but I guess complainers will complain. I understand there are certain releases that do warrant complaints, this isn’t one of them though.

Last edited:
People are wild man lol. We just gotta let em be. Nike absolutely knocked these out the park! You’re eyes aren’t deceiving you bro. They’re really good. And thanks for mentioning the price point. You tell me where you’ll find a better value for $120? You get the nostalgia, look and feel of the actual OG for $120 or less and you got dudes complaining like these are supposed to have Dior suede and Gucci leather. It’s really a disgraceful shame to not appreciate these re-crafted ‘90s and complain about them after ALL those years with botched shape and non-OG materials etc etc. I’ll never understand it but I guess complainers will complain. I understand there are certain releases that do warrant complaints, this isn’t one of them though.
Preach! You said it best.

how is the suede so Neppy? This pair looks great
Thanks! I guess I lucked out, lol, it's a lot easier to care for than the usual felt. Makes them one of my favorites. I remember those days, and getting them for a great deal because the hype was focused elsewhere at the time. Unfortunately, this is the standard I hold 90s to. Same thing happened with the air max light last year, they just werent as good as the ones from the 2000s, so I didnt buy any. I'm sooo on the fence because it's a 90 with a new shape. Anything is better than what weve been given over the last 7 or 8 years. But it's hard to beat what I have in mind and closet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom