The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Isn't this the independence RED? Are you certain it's crimson? I'm looking to order RED Air Max 90s and want to see the different reds available.

These are the indy's. I was patient enough to get a pair at a decent price thanks to a NTer that showed me some love.

NikeID crimson red finally arrived today. They look really orange. Don't think I'm going to be keeping them.

View media item 808503View media item 808505

I would be curious to see some more HQ photos. They don't look like the indy's - but I guess it's the next best option. I'm debating ordering a pair to beat on, would like to see the difference between the two colors.

Annnnnnnnnd so let the hype begin... Just made resell price go up considerably.
View media item 809215

Last edited:
Prices are falling every day on those Ice Pack Air Max on eBay. The only reason they were above $200 is because it was 2-3 weeks before the US release date. Cats are just gassed up for every release now. There will be plenty around on the 21st for retail.

Works really well.
roll.gif

Anyone have a comparison photo of Solar Red and LT Crimson red in the Air Max 90s?

Even better would be the Independence pack Red, Solar Red and LT Crimson comparison photo.

I'm looking to order through NikeID and would like to see the red options. Thanks

decided to pull these out and snap pics. some peeps wayyyyy back asked me for pics of these and never got around to it. hopefully this helps people out when deciding what "red" to pick if going for the closest to the sport red used on the indy pack. IMO i would not choose the solar red as it is so damn close to infrared. the last pic posted is of the 2010 am90 infrareds and the am90 solar red from the 3 pair pack. the solar reds do not look close to that sport red on the indy pack in dim light and ESPECIALLY not in sunlight.

these 3 shoes are from the european release of a "highlighter" am90 hyperfuse prm pack nike dropped couple years back. the name of the pack speaks for itself as these colours mimic those of the highlighters used in many of my ohhhh so fun school textbook days. enjoy.

official colours are:
blue glow/blue glow
volt/volt
solar red/solar red

View media item 809678View media item 809677View media item 809679View media item 809680View media item 809681

Thanks for the good replies guys. 

I found this picture with the Independence Red and Solar Red for comparison.

Is solar red the lighter shade out of the 2 red options on I.D.? Does anyone know the names of both reds available on I.D.?
Ya the lighter one pictured above is Solar Red. The other Nike ID option is LT Crimson. If you mouse over the colours in Nike ID it says which is which.

So in conclusion... is the Lt Crimson color on NIKEID closer to the indy pack red than the Solar Red? I really want bright RED that pops, not pinkish, highlighter red or infrared.

So in conclusion... is the Lt Crimson color on NIKEID closer to the indy pack red than the Solar Red? I really want bright RED that pops, not pinkish, highlighter red or infrared.

yes, you have the correct. if you want more of a true red, go with the light crimson instead of the solar red. the solar red is gonnna give you that pinkish tint like infrared.

yes, you have the correct. if you want more of a true red, go with the light crimson instead of the solar red. the solar red is gonnna give you that pinkish tint like infrared.
Thanks bro, been looking all around of samples of both colors and I couldn't decide. Repped.

Ya the lighter one pictured above is Solar Red. The other Nike ID option is LT Crimson. If you mouse over the colours in Nike ID it says which is which.
Thank you! I only have an iPhone and iPad so I don't have a cursor to tell me the color.

i keep looking at the  ice reds on nikes new launch calendar...

really feeling these

Last edited:
I took better pics for you guys.  I don't have the indy red am 90 to compare it to, so I put my nice kicks asics red shoes right next to it to compare the colors.  

Back
Top Bottom