The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Walked in the store. Saw them on display. Asked for my size. Asked for another pair cuz the toebox was a bit wrinkled. Bought the 2nd pair. In and out in 10mins. My purchasing experience was period-correct too! Just like the 90's!

How bad was the first pair? Did it look like the first set of recrafts?

DC2525-300
XXXX - DC2525-300 - 105.png
Those are really cool!

Got chatting to a local artist recently and copped a blue AM90 pill from him. Air Max has always been synonymous with dance culture in the UK / EU so love this piece. He has an exhibition on atm, below are some pics!
IMG_9020.JPG

IMG_9022.JPG

IMG_9009.JPG

my pill
IMG_9026.JPG

I'm not advocating drug use in any way, so don't ban me.
IMG_9008.JPG

Weird tech house white label celebrating 30th anniversary of AM90.

does the artist have an Instagram account ?

Got chatting to a local artist recently and copped a blue AM90 pill from him. Air Max has always been synonymous with dance culture in the UK / EU so love this piece. He has an exhibition on atm, below are some pics!
IMG_9020.JPG

IMG_9022.JPG

IMG_9009.JPG

my pill
IMG_9026.JPG

IMG_9008.JPG

Artist info?

IMG_9020.JPG

IMG_9022.JPG

IMG_9009.JPG

my pill
IMG_9026.JPG

IMG_9008.JPG

Why wouldn’t you give the artist credit? No namw
Or any info lol

Walked in the store. Saw them on display. Asked for my size. Asked for another pair cuz the toebox was a bit wrinkled. Bought the 2nd pair. In and out in 10mins. My purchasing experience was period-correct too! Just like the 90's!

Pics please! I don't think we can see these enough.

That takes me to a Nike track jacket. I think links are messed up right now. A link in the am1 thread took people to Sam's club lol

Yup. Your Car & Driver link in the Kith thread took me to Disney shopping or something. :lol:

^ Yep, I'm on it!

How bad was the first pair? Did it look like the first set of recrafts?
There was a slight crease around the toe-guard/overlay near the front-medial side... by the big toe. You can see a bit of it on Modz' on-foot pics as well. Even the 2nd pair I saw had a bit of it. But since the material seems to be quite soft and thin, it appears to be just 'one of those things'. I didn't get the recrafts, so I can't compare.

DecepticonRumble DecepticonRumble 1978S 1978S I'm not sure what indications show that it's the recraft mold compared to the AM3 mold, but in this video, I do see the slight differences of the AM3 build along with the size stamps inside the shoe.

P.S - the guy forgot to loop the music, so the second half is all silent.

Last edited:
What are ya'll seeing with the Infrareds because that's definitely the Air Max III build. The sizing easter eggs look the same. The forefoot part looks thicker(for the air) the toe may look different than other leather III pairs is because its not leather, its felt. The mudguard looks the same as Laser Blues. Stitching looks consistent. OG box. I think some of ya'll are paranoid. Also if it was recrafts instead of III's ya'll would still auto cop with double-quintuple ups so why stress yourself being nitpicky?

Back
Top Bottom