THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

Planning on taking up golf this summer. Figured it’s about time. Reaaaaaaaly wish those 11s would restock haha

Prepare to be severely addicted :lol:.

There's that phase in the beginning when you think you don't need any of the accessories or gear.
:lol:
Then it hits, walk into a golf store and it's like a candy store. You feel like everything is worth a try.

Hit 3 extra yards with that special tee? Check.
Ball retriever? Absolute must because you remember all those balls that were just out of reach.
Need special tape for your fingers? Check.
Hit the range in the morning, but you're feeling loose after dinner so, of course, gotta go again.
Watching endless amounts of youtube/IG golf instructional videos, record yourself, watch yourself, obsess over the details.

I'm still a noob, year 2, but I still do all those things. I'm confident I can hit bogey golf this summer :lol:

I've finally discovered the joys of working on short game.

Right now I'm going to be borrowing some clubs from my grandpa for the next few months. Like anyone else probably reading this sub I kinda want to grab some Nike clubs when I buy some.

I know Nike killed their club business a couple years ago. Anyone have any recommendations for a set that can be found used for a decent price? Something middle of their line good for new players? Probably ok with spending up to $300. Prefer to stay around the $150-200 range though.

Right now I'm going to be borrowing some clubs from my grandpa for the next few months. Like anyone else probably reading this sub I kinda want to grab some Nike clubs when I buy some.

I know Nike killed their club business a couple years ago. Anyone have any recommendations for a set that can be found used for a decent price? Something middle of their line good for new players? Probably ok with spending up to $300. Prefer to stay around the $150-200 range though.
I've never used Nike irons so I can't recommend anything there, but I've never had a bad experience with their woods. I'm still playing a Covert 2.0 3 wood from like 5 years ago.

I'm sure most of their irons are quality clubs. They didn't exit the club market because their equipment was junk; they just weren't making enough money off of it to justify the continued R&D and marketing costs.

I think it's personal preference, I didn't like the "feel" of any Nike irons I've tried. I landed on some Callaways to start, which were very forgiving and "easy" to hit.
Cavity backs were the way to go for me.
I feel like the game is impossibly hard as it is... especially in the beginning, anything to help make it more forgiving is a good thing.

I finally am getting the hang of my new Titliest driver and the stiff flex. Not pulling or ballooning as much now.

I think it's personal preference, I didn't like the "feel" of any Nike irons I've tried. I landed on some Callaways to start, which were very forgiving and "easy" to hit.
Cavity backs were the way to go for me.
I feel like the game is impossibly hard as it is... especially in the beginning, anything to help make it more forgiving is a good thing.

I finally am getting the hang of my new Titliest driver and the stiff flex. Not pulling or ballooning as much now.
I've been golfing for ~5 years now and I still can't hit a driver :lol:. I don't even carry one in my bag.

If you want good Nike irons for beginners that are pretty recent. You should check the VRS forged set. They are great and forgiving.

Good thing about Nike equipment is that it’s good and the aftermarket prices are pretty low compared to titleist, TM, Ping, etc..

eBay has some good deals on used clubs. But it seems like Nike golf items in a couple of years could be hard to find.

If you want good Nike irons for beginners that are pretty recent. You should check the VRS forged set. They are great and forgiving.

Good thing about Nike equipment is that it’s good and the aftermarket prices are pretty low compared to titleist, TM, Ping, etc..

eBay has some good deals on used clubs. But it seems like Nike golf items in a couple of years could be hard to find.

Did a bunch of research today and it looks like there’s a local place by me that still has a new set of Vapor Fly and VRS irons at a decent price. I have a couple days off next week. I may stop by at try them both out. Might bite.

I've been golfing for ~5 years now and I still can't hit a driver :lol:. I don't even carry one in my bag.

There are definitely days I feel like teeing off with the woods instead.
But the lure of crushing it off the tee is too strong.

I did "upgrade" my first set of irons to some Honmas, which I picked because the set was only $200 something. I regret it still :stoneface:
These aren't the Japanese crafted Honmas, just some generic set that is so unforgiving and hard to hit with.
Should have paid the extra $300 for a set of Apex I was comparing them to.

I'm considering moving on to a different set next year. My golf buddies keep telling me I need to go with blades. I just don't see the value in doing that though.
Why make it harder. >D

There are definitely days I feel like teeing off with the woods instead.
But the lure of crushing it off the tee is too strong.

I did "upgrade" my first set of irons to some Honmas, which I picked because the set was only $200 something. I regret it still :stoneface:
These aren't the Japanese crafted Honmas, just some generic set that is so unforgiving and hard to hit with.
Should have paid the extra $300 for a set of Apex I was comparing them to.

I'm considering moving on to a different set next year. My golf buddies keep telling me I need to go with blades. I just don't see the value in doing that though.
Why make it harder. >D
I play blades, Mizuno MP4s. They definitely don't offer any forgiveness but they look cool as hell and are fun to play. I honestly think for amateur hackers like us, iron play contributes to your score the least. Driving in the fairway, short game, and putting are much more important. My scores are no different if I play with blades or a more forgiving set of irons. If you can find a set of blades for cheap I'd definitely give them a try.

Is it because you don't like them?

I prefer 3 wood and Fairway 5 off the grass.
I just can't control a driver. High slice, low hook, grounders, skyballs etc are all in my range of outcomes :lol:. Whereas with a 3 wood I can pretty much execute the shot that I'm trying to hit most of the time. And a miss with a 3 wood is alot better than with a driver. I mostly play from the blue tees, so the extra 15-20 yards of distance I would get from a driver are kinda negligible anyway. I'd rather be 250 in the fairway than 270 in the deep rough and forced to punch out under some trees :lol:.

Safari Pack dropped on NDC. “Coming Soon” Be cool if they dropped some 11s with this pack like they were planning with the masters pack.

How often does Nike do Golf NRGs? I need some shoes and I like these AM1s but I’d prefer white shoes. Wondering if it’s worth waiting for?

NDC Link
https://go.j23app.com/byo

I play blades, Mizuno MP4s. They definitely don't offer any forgiveness but they look cool as hell and are fun to play. I honestly think for amateur hackers like us, iron play contributes to your score the least. Driving in the fairway, short game, and putting are much more important. My scores are no different if I play with blades or a more forgiving set of irons. If you can find a set of blades for cheap I'd definitely give them a try.

Hmm good feedback. Maybe I'll try out some at Roger Dunn. The last time I tried my friend's blades, I had a tough time - had the shanks a little too though. That sort of influenced my perception of them forever.

I'd rather be 250 in the fairway than 270 in the deep rough and forced to punch out under some trees :lol:.

This. So true. I don't know why I'm so stubborn about it :lol:

Safari Pack dropped on NDC. “Coming Soon” Be cool if they dropped some 11s with this pack like they were planning with the masters pack.

How often does Nike do Golf NRGs? I need some shoes and I like these AM1s but I’d prefer white shoes. Wondering if it’s worth waiting for?

NDC Link
https://go.j23app.com/byo

They’re going to do one for each major. 2 down. 2 left.

The Augusta one was scrapped. But no reason for the other 3 to be scrapped as well. Since no copyright, etc..

They’re going to do one for each major. 2 down. 2 left.

The Augusta one was scrapped. But no reason for the other 3 to be scrapped as well. Since no copyright, etc..

Dang. I might go ahead and try to grab the Safari AM1s and just sit on them until the other 2 come out. If I like those packs more I can just sell the Safaris

AM1s 9-12s sold out pretty quick. Probably under 5 minutes. Not sure about the others. J23 notification coming in clutch on those.

Geez completely slept/did not look at my phone once all day....
Serious questions: Other than golfers, who buys these golf shoes and why?
Because resale? But then who's paying resale for golf shoes?

Collectors I can understand. But if not these two groups, who's even buying them?

My vote would be resellers. And yes I think there are enough sneakerhead golf players to actually get away with reselling some of these limited ones. Immediately after release I saw a surprising amount listed on eBay. It was crazy. Also look at the Jordann 11 Concord golf shoes. Going for $300+ on StockX

Geez completely slept/did not look at my phone once all day....
Serious questions: Other than golfers, who buys these golf shoes and why?
Because resale? But then who's paying resale for golf shoes?

Collectors I can understand. But if not these two groups, who's even buying them?
Bet you got people rocking these airmax just cause. The rest resellers for sure.

Did a bunch of research today and it looks like there’s a local place by me that still has a new set of Vapor Fly and VRS irons at a decent price. I have a couple days off next week. I may stop by at try them both out. Might bite.

If you happen to live in Dallas I have some new Nike stuff that I’d gladly give you. It’s from their last run of clubs.

Back
Top Bottom