THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Which ones are those?
2FDF7625-D88A-4A15-B96C-47B64E0BA8C8.jpeg

Really bizarre how quickly Nike moved on from those. Not sure what happened
It makes me think that there was either a serious flaw with the model, they simply didn’t plan to have many colorways, or the shoe sold so poorly that they moved on. I think part of it is consumer confusion with too many models and too many silly names. It’s a chaotic world with a lot of noise, you want to be as simple and direct as possible with the average consumer, call it the Kobe 13 and your sales will benefit.

Could be the poor sales combined with them being more expensive to make? I’ve noticed random role/bench players using them, specifically the black with the yellow heel cw.

Edit: Milsap rocking them
74BC92BE-B65A-4C12-BCD2-1680919AE094.jpeg

Attachments

• 75CD7F7E-6A73-4AB5-940C-800E915F51E7.jpeg
    75CD7F7E-6A73-4AB5-940C-800E915F51E7.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
$200 retail for the 360 and the first NXT with little to no advertisements/promotions. Not sure what Nike’s vision was for them and why the weird colorways. I’m convinced someone who doesn’t like Kobe is somehow invovled in what colors get released.

Like I said, I think the NXT is an experimental line that Kobe is supporting. He's always been about using the latest tech in his shoes even if means taking some risks. NXT only came in 3-4 CW, 360 only comes in 3-4 CW... It's obvious that they are testing components on the market and then using what works in the more regularly priced retail kicks. Just look at the Exodus and the NXT, they're very similar in the bootie design and lacing style.

Also seems like the NXT line is continuing with the drop-in midsoles while the standard ADs have the bottom loaded cushioning. So there are differences.

Really bizarre how quickly Nike moved on from those. Not sure what happened

I brought up this same thing not long ago, in this thread I think. Definitely a bit strange. The 360s are the Keyser Soze of the Kobe line: whispers about them for a while, they finally turn up and stir up some ****, and then pfffffffffffft, they're gone. Seemingly, anyway, unless there is suddenly going to be a rash of 360 releases, which seems unlikely at this point.

I brought up this same thing not long ago, in this thread I think. Definitely a bit strange. The 360s are the Keyser Soze of the Kobe line: whispers about them for a while, they finally turn up and stir up some ****, and then pfffffffffffft, they're gone. Seemingly, anyway, unless there is suddenly going to be a rash of 360 releases, which seems unlikely at this point.
Repped for using "the usual suspect" reference.

Like I said, I think the NXT is an experimental line that Kobe is supporting. He's always been about using the latest tech in his shoes even if means taking some risks. NXT only came in 3-4 CW, 360 only comes in 3-4 CW... It's obvious that they are testing components on the market and then using what works in the more regularly priced retail kicks. Just look at the Exodus and the NXT, they're very similar in the bootie design and lacing style.

Also seems like the NXT line is continuing with the drop-in midsoles while the standard ADs have the bottom loaded cushioning. So there are differences.

Not trying to quibble about the exact number of NXT releases with you, but I believe there were 6 colorways (volt red white black grey and mambacurial is what I recall offhand) but ultimately I’m saying that if they follow the same pattern for the 360 as you mentioned there’s hope (I’m a hopeful lol) that we still have a few colorways left for the 360?? Just my guess.

Given the way the new AD is selling on ID, I do believe they have an aesthetic hit on their hands, so it might be that that’s the focus going forward.

JS”

Not trying to quibble about the exact number of NXT releases with you, but I believe there were 6 colorways (volt red white black grey and mambacurial is what I recall offhand) but ultimately I’m saying that if they follow the same pattern for the 360 as you mentioned there’s hope (I’m a hopeful lol) that we still have a few colorways left for the 360?? Just my guess.

Hey, I got my Black/MC 360s so I'm good. Unless we get into 50-60$ status I'm probably gonna leave the rest of the colorways alone. But I like my 360s, and I also like my 'curial NXTs.

I can't hate on the aesthetics of the AD line, I'm just not into the bottom loaded cushioning as much as the top loaded. But, to each his own.

Hey, I got my Black/MC 360s so I'm good. Unless we get into 50-60$ status I'm probably gonna leave the rest of the colorways alone. But I like my 360s, and I also like my 'curial NXTs.

I can't hate on the aesthetics of the AD line, I'm just not into the bottom loaded cushioning as much as the top loaded. But, to each his own.

That’s totally fair. How do you like your 360 for hooping? I’ve been out with an injury so haven’t been able to test them out but I’m eyeing another pair (got one on ice and looking for another one) just in case I like em.

JS”

Back
Top Bottom