THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Sometimes I like to test my hoopin abilities by wearing my vibram fivefingers to the courts and see who's game to go head to head with me
vibram-v-trail-v2-black-hero-3-4_1800x1800.jpeg

That’s cheating, when I play sometimes I don’t even wear shoes.

1643635996159.gif

My first pair of OG 6's...

Came in good condition (was previously used for indoor balling) and cost me €130. They fit really well, the OG's run a bit wider and the upper seems a bit less stiff than on the Protros. I gambled on a size 10 instead of my usual Protro 10.5 and the fit is almost identical. Hella comfy and still a beautiful shoe 11 years later.

IMG_1515.jpg

My first pair of OG 6's...

Came in good condition (was previously used for indoor balling) and cost me €130. They fit really well, the OG's run a bit wider and the upper seems a bit less stiff than on the Protros. I gambled on a size 10 instead of my usual Protro 10.5 and the fit is almost identical. Hella comfy and still a beautiful shoe 11 years later.

IMG_1515.jpg
So you made the acquisition

Saying the shoes don't make a difference is wack af. Try playing in heavy *** lebrons and then play in some kobe 8's. Maybe it won't make a difference if you don't play guard, but I need shoes that are light and have good traction.

Now if people are complaining about bad games because of their shoes, I can see it being more of a case if the outsoles are super worn out with nothing left on em. I'd be sliding left and right on the court and can't defend properly if my shoes didn't have any traction left.

Saying the shoes don't make a difference is wack af. Try playing in heavy *** lebrons and then play in some kobe 8's. Maybe it won't make a difference if you don't play guard, but I need shoes that are light and have good traction.

Now if people are complaining about bad games because of their shoes, I can see it being more of a case if the outsoles are super worn out with nothing left on em. I'd be sliding left and right on the court and can't defend properly if my shoes didn't have any traction left.
That's not really the discussion that we're having here though.

1643656770965.gif

That's not really the discussion that we're having here though.
The discussion from I've read in the past couple of posts have been about people saying they can hoop and get buckets in any shoe. That shoes don't dictate one's performance on the court. You brought up a point about one' s mentality hooping on the floor, and that you go into basketball with the same mentality regardless of what's on your feet. Yea you might go into the game with that mentality, but you're definitely going to be affected as far as what's on your feet is what I'm saying. I drive a lot and there's a drastic difference between driving and cutting with clunky heavy lebrons vs going on the court with a low cut and light kobe. Same as if you were a bigger dude who gets boards. I've definitely had my fair share of rolling an ankle when landing on someone's foot. Something a bigger guy might be more concerned about and have a different "mentality" about if he were wearing something low top vs. something with more ankle support.

Yea essentially since grittyman grittyman said its mostly kobes for him... his game is guard like... so the wearing the lebrons took me a back.

But we all agree don't blame your kicks for a bad performance lmao

The discussion from I've read in the past couple of posts have been about people saying they can hoop and get buckets in any shoe. That shoes don't dictate one's performance on the court. You brought up a point about one' s mentality hooping on the floor, and that you go into basketball with the same mentality regardless of what's on your feet. Yea you might go into the game with that mentality, but you're definitely going to be affected as far as what's on your feet is what I'm saying. I drive a lot and there's a drastic difference between driving and cutting with clunky heavy lebrons vs going on the court with a low cut and light kobe. Same as if you were a bigger dude who gets boards. I've definitely had my fair share of rolling an ankle when landing on someone's foot. Something a bigger guy might be more concerned about and have a different "mentality" about if he were wearing something low top vs. something with more ankle support.

Lol I've made my stance on the point OP was making (type of shoes matter on court). I added the second statement because that's the only time a person should be making excuses for poor play on the court.

The point was how the shoes make you feel. Not necessarily playing good or bad in them and blaming the shoes.

Many times when people wear Kobe’s, they think of Kobe and the spirit of Kobe when they play in them. They get a feeling inside when the lace them up.

I can guarantee you many NBA players feel the exact same thing.

When wearing Kyrie’s, many feel lighter on their feet because of the way that Kyrie plays. The feel like Kyrie in the shoes and may try to cut like him.

When Jordan’s came out, people felt like Jordan when they wore them. When the 3’s came out with the visible airbag, people felt like they could jump faster. Yes it was foolish but it was a feeling.

It’s a mentality and feeling when one wears a specific model or specific athletes pair of shoes.

This conversation isn’t about the weight of the shoes or blaming the shoes for a bad performance.

It’s a feeling. If you don’t have it it’s ok, it’s a different level of passion for shoes and when playing basketball in them.

Yea essentially since grittyman grittyman said its mostly kobes for him... his game is guard like... so the wearing the lebrons took me a back.

But we all agree don't blame your kicks for a bad performance lmao
Can play guard or forward....sometimes I want an uber-light shoe, and other times I want a max cushioned one.

I think you missed where I mentioned that the fit/type of shoe can have some effect on your game.

The point was how the shoes make you feel. Not necessarily playing good or bad in them and blaming the shoes.

Many times when people wear Kobe’s, they think of Kobe and the spirit of Kobe when they play in them. They get a feeling inside when the lace them up.

I can guarantee you many NBA players feel the exact same thing.

When wearing Kyrie’s, many feel lighter on their feet because of the way that Kyrie plays. The feel like Kyrie in the shoes and may try to cut like him.

When Jordan’s came out, people felt like Jordan when they wore them. When the 3’s came out with the visible airbag, people felt like they could jump faster. Yes it was foolish but it was a feeling.

It’s a mentality and feeling when one wears a specific model or specific athletes pair of shoes.

This conversation isn’t about the weight of the shoes or blaming the shoes for a bad performance.

It’s a feeling. If you don’t have it it’s ok, it’s a different level of passion for shoes and when playing basketball in them.
How can you guarantee that bro?

You feel light on your feet in a pair of lightweight shoes. If the shoes make you want to try and play like that person that's cool, but I don't necessarily think that is a thing that "many" NBA players are doing... We can agree to disagree there.

Can play guard or forward....sometimes I want an uber-light shoe, and other times I want a max cushioned one.

I think you missed where I mentioned that the fit/type of shoe can have some effect on your game.

How can you guarantee that bro?

You feel light on your feet in a pair of lightweight shoes. If the shoes make you want to try and play like that person that's cool, but I don't necessarily think that is a thing that "many" NBA players are doing... We can agree to disagree there.

I can guarantee it. When D Book and Demar lace up their Kobe’s, they have that feeling.

Not necessarily trying to play like Kobe, but there’s a feeling.

But we can definitely agree to disagree.

I can guarantee it. When D Book and Demar lace up their Kobe’s, they have that feeling.

Not necessarily trying to play like Kobe, but there’s a feeling.

But we can definitely agree to disagree.
That's def me! First time I laced up ZK1s and the rest is history.

I still have it....16 yrs later...as long as I'm hooping... that mentality will be there... of course if I'm still able to be agile and get around on the hardwood
No hate. I’m still out here too! I don’t do the ZK1s anymore though. The protros don’t fit me the same as the OGs.

My go-tos at the moment are the Zoom Freak 3s. I think the’re kinda slept on.

AD needs to stop wearing his PE Protro 5's and 6's. Maybe get those high 9's instead after Kobe tore his achilles. That'll channel the mentality to stay healthy and stop getting injured so much.

No hate. I’m still out here too! I don’t do the ZK1s anymore though. The protros don’t fit me the same as the OGs.

Oh I was referring to the mentality with lacing the ZK 1s then. I def dont rock Kobe 1s OG or protro now... hooping wise

Oh I was referring to the mentality with lacing the ZK 1s then. I def dont rock Kobe 1s OG or protro now... hooping wise

I definitely rock my 1 Protro on the court!

And you’re right they don’t fit the same, the OG’s run bigger.

Just get a half size up and it should be the same.

There's the folks that like the shoes... then there's the folks that appreciate the benefits of the shoe lol. He's the former
So PJ doesn't appreciate the benefits of the shoe because he's not trying to hit fadeaway jumpers like Kobe while wearing them?

The man who was a personal friend of Kobe...okay then. He's playing his game and the role his team needs him to, nothing wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom