THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

You seem to have money to burn…

You gotta deal with outsole, the insole, the dank, the stank.

I’d recommend getting steal and wait and see what they do retro wise. Crazy they haven’t done the seven yet (which are definitely not as good as the eights).

Nah Jersey is red/black and grey/red.

True, this is my senior year so it’s an important season.

At this point it sounds like you want a pair "Of" Kobe's, doesn't sound like you have a particular pair that you want.

There's better options than the pair that you posted.

You seem to have money to burn…

You gotta deal with outsole, the insole, the dank, the stank.

I’d recommend getting steal and wait and see what they do retro wise. Crazy they haven’t done the seven yet (which are definitely not as good as the eights).

Actually it doesn't sound like he has money to burn. If he did he'd be looking to get a nice pair instead of an old busted worn out pair just to say that he as some Kobe's.

1670549312877.gif

Actually it doesn't sound like he has money to burn. If he did he'd be looking to get a nice pair instead of an old busted worn out pair just to say that he as some Kobe's.

1670549312877.gif
If I was an adult and had a full time job I would have already splurged and got a DS pair. But that’s not the case

At this point it sounds like you want a pair "Of" Kobe's, doesn't sound like you have a particular pair that you want.

There's better options than the pair that you posted.
I’ve already decided I want a 8 for hooping, but most of the cw’s I would want are much more expensive

If I was an adult and had a full time job I would have already splurged and got a DS pair. But that’s not the case

I’ve already decided I want a 8 for hooping, but most of the cw’s I would want are much more expensive

Depending on how you play a DS pair would have you looking like Zion.

1670549870809.jpeg

And a heavily used pair has the cushion that's bottomed out already.

Decisions, decisions...

1670549934525.gif

You telling me a DS pair of 8’s would have been bustin thru them like Zion. Bruh I’m not 6’ 7”, 250.

Listen, you're not PJ Tucker. Looking to play basketball in a DS shoe from almost 11 years ago imo isn't a great idea.

Sole separation is waiting to happen but hey you might be lucky, but good luck.

I didn’t really rock with the X highs. I liked the lows especially those limited joints, HHMs. GOAT must be selling fakes with the prices I’m seeing.

Last edited:
Sell them to James.

I think I only have the Mambacurial and Christmas joints. I don’t think I made IDs for that pair. I do wish I hadn’t returned the first EM pair that dropped (the blue colorway). In hindsight, I liked those.

You telling me a DS pair of 8’s would have been bustin thru them like Zion. Bruh I’m not 6’ 6”, 285
Yes. If they weren’t stored right and considering you actually play seriously it could definitely happen me personally I wouldn’t but a shoe that old to hoop in. I bought all the bron 8 & 9 retros for that reason because my old ones weren’t holding up as good

Do these joints look good for the price?

Like everyone else said, pass on these, especially at that price. The uppers are pretty beat. You can see where the last lace hole is on the inner side (medial) of the shoe, it's starting to fray. This was pretty common on the Kobe 5 and 8 (and I believe the 6 too). The soles look decent and have a fair amount of tread left but rubber that old might be brittle and slick and not as pliable and sticky as you would need for hooping.

I think it's best to pass on the 8s until they protro them. The drop-in midsole was newer tech back then and it's probably bottomed out by now (8-9 years later). I would see if you can find a pair of used protro 5s or 6s.

Like everyone else said, pass on these, especially at that price. The uppers are pretty beat. You can see where the last lace hole is on the inner side (medial) of the shoe, it's starting to fray. This was pretty common on the Kobe 5 and 8 (and I believe the 6 too). The soles look decent and have a fair amount of tread left but rubber that old might be brittle and slick and not as pliable and sticky as you would need for hooping.

I think it's best to pass on the 8s until they protro them. The drop-in midsole was newer tech back then and it's probably bottomed out by now (8-9 years later). I would see if you can find a pair of used protro 5s or 6s.

With that wack pair of shoes he's sitting over there like

1670626243509.gif

Back
Top Bottom