THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

If I like how my iDs fit/feel, these'll be up next...

Two/Toned Upper (Black/Yellow)
Kobe AD iD - Bruce Lee2.PNG

AD Exodus overpriced at $140, imo, compared to tech in pg and Kyrie and Westbrook signature offering. And no disco to be had

Last edited:
AD Exodus overpriced at $140, imo, compared to tech in pg and Kyrie and Westbrook signature offering. And no disco to be had
For sure you pay for the Kobe name. Yet the only one that can hold a candle to the Exodus on the court in my opinion (yes played in all 3) is the Westbrook. Playing in the Kyrie 5 is like ice skating (yes great indoor court and traction supposedly broken in). PG’s are mediocre, but better than Kyries. The $140 is way way worth it if you like court feel. Gotta be a reason damn near a third of the NBA wears the Exodus... Tech means nothing if it doesn’t perform. Just my two cents.

I tried playing in the chaos Exodus which was my first pair of the model , and I don’t know how so many pro/college players are hooping in em. Hurt my feet after wearing them for not that long. I think they just don’t fit me right. Traction was so bad too but maybe they need to be broken in, not sure.

I tried playing in the chaos Exodus which was my first pair of the model , and I don’t know how so many pro/college players are hooping in em. Hurt my feet after wearing them for not that long. I think they just don’t fit me right. Traction was so bad too but maybe they need to be broken in, not sure.

Mine definitely took a few sessions on the court to break in. First couple wears Weren’t the best, but now they are my go to.

Then again, I played in my Kobe VI tonight and forgot how great they are. The court feel is great on the Exodus - I will say that.

OOB the exodus isn't great. I wore my moon particles casually for three days straight (~6 hours a day) and they felt much better/broken in. My initial problems were in the arch area.

Yeah you need to break them in both for traction and fit. As soon as you do they will be money. They didn’t hurt my feet the first go around, but for wasn’t comfy. After a couple of sessions or wearing them around they change dramatically.

Ya same experience here.

The traction sucks on the clear soles. I have the half yellow/purple pair and the heel has clear sole... I thought I was gonna break my leg a few times trying to stop on a dime.

I’m just gonna get more protro 1’s. They’re my favourite a the moment.

Ya same experience here.

The traction sucks on the clear soles. I have the half yellow/purple pair and the heel has clear sole... I thought I was gonna break my leg a few times trying to stop on a dime.

I’m just gonna get more protro 1’s. They’re my favourite a the moment.
I wish I can like these but I can’t seem to get a good grip. Broke them in but still sliding when cutting/jabbing.

Shot around and got a few games of 21 in today. I have a full length ID XI drop-in for these :D
Definitely my favorite 8s :smokin
558E67BF-747D-4A91-B93D-873ECF18B16A.jpeg

8’s are a top 3 all time performer...

But when you put a drop-in 11 for these, you don’t feel like you sit too high?

I’ve tried it on numerous occasions and it was fine to walk around in but to actually play in it almost felt like the top half of the shoe was gonna rip because there was so much pressure between the top half of my foot and tongue.

8’s are a top 3 all time performer...

But when you put a drop-in 11 for these, you don’t feel like you sit too high?

I’ve tried it on numerous occasions and it was fine to walk around in but to actually play in it almost felt like the top half of the shoe was gonna rip because there was so much pressure between the top half of my foot and tongue.

Not at all for me. The PG1 actually rides slightly higher, I will say that the lebron xi drop in feels a nano meter higher than the XI ID drop in but I’ve never felt unstable at all. 8s and 9s are my favorites and I’ve been stocking up on cheap, lightly worn, LBJ XIs on eBay then I drop the old Kobe insole and sell them to Plato’s :D

Back
Top Bottom