THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Brooo. I'm an 11.5... 12 would def be big. I was tryna get a pair of the WTK 8s in December and there are more 11s out there. So I was like I can take the insole out and buy a dr shcols thin insoles. Cuz those 8s lunarlon drop ins are thick
Dangggg, didn’t know how big a 0.5 size up was in Kobe’s. That’s sucks tho, like you can find wayyy cheaper Kobe’s in a sz 12 than in a 11.5.

I feel like 11.5 and 12.5 are just cursed sizes to have. Specifically 12.5’s

Dangggg, didn’t know how big a 0.5 size up was in Kobe’s. That’s sucks tho, like you can find wayyy cheaper Kobe’s in a sz 12 than in a 11.5.

I feel like 11.5 and 12.5 are just cursed sizes to have. Specifically 12.5’s
Ohhhhh 11.5s got it wayyyyy better than 12.5 folks

That whole stock is worth more than my Jeep 😲

Hey, I could in theory fit in a 12… my 11.5 isn’t that far behind :wink:
I was gonna say I my 8 collection can crush him until I saw that Shanghai spark pair in the front right. He crushes me with that in his collection. I have every 8 except that one and the duke PE.

Honestly my 8s holding up phenomenal and my 7s as well but my 6s (og) I am nervous when I wear them
Yea I would think from 7s and up are good.. even 6s. Like I only had the Del sol 5s and bhm 6s... and they are still good but I retired them cuz the back end of the bottom of the soles giving out. My blue glow 8s have a small separation in the front of the right foot which came about prob 5 years ago

I can see Ja Morant walking after his Nike contract is over. Zach Lavine wore Kobe’s every game since he been under nike and as soon as his contract was up

Ja will go to whoever offers him the bag

Doubt that will be Nike they don’t seem to be prioritizing signing young signature athletes these days

I can see Ja Morant walking after his Nike contract is over. Zach Lavine wore Kobe’s every game since he been under nike and as soon as his contract was up

Actually you can tell what athletes want to wear once their contract’s up. That’s when players play in shoes that they actually like and would wear for free.

Zach’s wearing those because that’s who’ll pay him the most. Similar to other athletes who would rather wear Nike’s but get offered more money from other brands.

I don’t know Ja looks like a stud and he’ll sell shoes. He has a bigger potential to sell a sig shoe than kyrie and Giannis combined.
Nike’s basketball lineup is stale and dead. Giannis is a big man and big men don’t sell shoes. Kyrie and PG have hardly been on the court this season and their basketball offerings are stale and uninspired. KDs are stale and uninspired. Lebron’s shoes are more for big men so guards aren’t really going for his shoes. Also, except for Giannis, all of Nikes sig players are over 30 and aging. They play basketball like it too, they play like they’re just treading water for the playoffs. They don’t play basketball with the charisma, flare and excitement that a younger player does. That matters too.

Watch Lamelo Ball play and compare it to an older player. His shoes even look youthful and exciting. It’s no surprise his shoes fly off the shelves.

Nike NEEDS a young superstar guard, I repeat GUARD, with charisma and flare to revive it. If they don’t prioritize Ja and throw a big bag of money at him, they are stupid.

Nike’s basketball lineup is stale and dead. Giannis is a big man and big men don’t sell shoes. Kyrie and PG have hardly been on the court this season and their basketball offerings are stale and uninspired. KDs are stale and uninspired. Lebron’s shoes are more for big men so guards aren’t really going for his shoes. Also, except for Giannis, all of Nikes sig players are over 30 and aging. They play basketball like it too, they play like they’re just treading water for the playoffs. They don’t play basketball with the charisma, flare and excitement that a younger player does. That matters too.

Watch Lamelo Ball play and compare it to an older player. His shoes even look youthful and exciting. It’s no surprise his shoes fly off the shelves.

Nike NEEDS a young superstar guard, I repeat GUARD, with charisma and flare to revive it. If they don’t prioritize Ja and throw a big bag of money at him, they are stupid.
Yeah, they already blew it with Steph. Can’t see it happening twice.

Nike Kobes are back.
Nike's signature basketball lineup are going to be taking a backseat. Only reason they'll stay relevant is if the price is set at like $120-$140 so they can be the "budget" signature sneaker since Kobes will be $180+

Giannis is a big selling a guards shoe. I think the saying “big men don’t sell shoes” should be “big men shoes don’t sell”, because the average guy doesn’t need a shoe built like a tank designed for a 250 lb player.
It‘s more of the stale and uninspired problem that the Giannis line shares with the Kyrie/KD/PG.

Giannis is a big selling a guards shoe. I think the saying “big men don’t sell shoes” should be “big men shoes don’t sell”, because the average guy doesn’t need a shoe built like a tank designed for a 250 lb player.
It‘s more of the stale and uninspired problem that the Giannis line shares with the Kyrie/KD/PG.
Agree with this. Thats why you see a butt load of people wearing Kyrie 7's and Curry 8's, cause they are easy to find, last a long time, and nice and light.

I have to be LeBron's biggest fan, but I don't wear his shoes for hooping. Only reason being, they are just very heavy for my playstyle. I still frequently rock LeBrons casually.

Brons early in his career were solid because that’s how all basketball shoes were built. High tops and somewhat heavy. The Kobe 4s really changed the game and the 5s took it to a different level and that’s when I got into Kobe’s.

The newer brons are light weight relative to his first couple of models but most people who like playing more of a slashing role hate air max and how it feels. I know I despise air max in basketball shoes because of this reason.

Brons early in his career were solid because that’s how all basketball shoes were built. High tops and somewhat heavy. The Kobe 4s really changed the game and the 5s took it to a different level and that’s when I got into Kobe’s.

The newer brons are light weight relative to his first couple of models but most people who like playing more of a slashing role hate air max and how it feels. I know I despise air max in basketball shoes because of this reason.
I don't like playing on air max, but I love wearing it. Once it breaks in, it's so comfortable.

But yes, Kobe's changed the game as far as height and weight of basketball shoes go.

I don't like playing on air max, but I love wearing it. Once it breaks in, it's so comfortable.

But yes, Kobe's changed the game as far as height and weight of basketball shoes go.

I will wear air maxes to walk around in but I refuse to play in any. That sensation of being high up in the air just feels weird now. Kobe 5s were awesome for me and will forever be what I compare all basketball shoes too

Back
Top Bottom