The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Can everyone share their workflow/storage system?

I'm finding mines to not be sufficient enough for the level of work I'm doing now.

Originally Posted by LRBaLLa00

Originally Posted by DREDAY0789

Originally Posted by omgitswes

any of yall shoot with a Nikon D5000? That's what me and my dad have been looking at.

i do.
What lens(es) are you shooting with? Your pics are nice as hell man.
50mm f/1.8
omgitswes wrote:
to the guys that have the D5000 how is the video?
I know everyone says don't get a DSLR to shoot video.....idc I'm going to and wanna know what it's like if I remember it's only 720p right?

i use mine mainly for video actually. i just like the look of the videos. there isnt autofocus but i think that what makes it fun. its like playing a video game lol. 
here is my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dreday0789

check my site: www.dreeastwood.com

Anyone see this on hypebeast? Crazy!

iphone-4-dslr-lens-1.jpg

iphone-4-dslr-lens-2.jpg

Originally Posted by majicman

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

Here are some of my firework pics:
beautiful. what type of camera and lens do you have? 
I just copped a Rebel T2i and took those with the kit lens.  What I did was read A LOT on how to take good photographs and I think they came out well.  Check out my Flickr @ Dave Labels.  My main goal in this hobby is for ZERO post processing.  None.  Not even cropping.  I'm trying.

Originally Posted by LRBaLLa00

Originally Posted by omgitswes

any of yall shoot with a Nikon D5000? That's what me and my dad have been looking at.

i do.
What lens(es) are you shooting with? Your pics are nice as hell man.
50mm f/1.8
omgitswes wrote:
to the guys that have the D5000 how is the video?
I know everyone says don't get a DSLR to shoot video.....idc I'm going to and wanna know what it's like if I remember it's only 720p right?
here is my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dreday0789

check my site: www.dreeastwood.com

That lens isn't AF with the D5000 is it? That's one thing I wish the D5000 had... an internal motor for autofocus like the D90 and other bodies.

click the pic the info is on his flickr page

Lens Type:Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Camera: Cannon EOS rebel T2i

Sold my cannon rebel xs with the kit lens at B and H for 250
Adorama Price it at a maybe 225

I’m Thinking about putting that money towards a 35mm lens with the crop on the 7d that should = 56mm

Also, I think cannon is either going to upgrade their rebel X cameras soon or they are going stop making them

I just copped a Rebel T2i and took those with the kit lens.  What I did was read A LOT on how to take good photographs and I think they came out well.  Check out my Flickr @ Dave Labels.  My main goal in this hobby is for ZERO post processing.  None.  Not even cropping.  I'm trying.
nice. and i just peeped the others on flickr. all of them came out great. keep up the good work.

I am thinking about getting into the photo game. Where should I start? I don't even know what type of camera I have but I know it is a basic digital camera. Cannon. Will tell you the model when I get home. But do I NEED one of those fancy gadgets to get the ball rolling? Hope not.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

4725443367_9c32a7a306.jpg

Where at in DC is this? I don't much venture out into tourist areas these days like I should.

Right in front of the Korean War Memorial

okay so it's decided we're getting a D5000.
I guess I'll go ahead and pick up a lens too....or should I??????

Dan, I love the owl shot - animal photography, specifically bird photography, is something im heavily interested in... great shot

while we're on the subject, one from Canada Day
4760587628_07e8f721c5_z.jpg

and a couple new ones
4771795851_3d40c6d6b6_z.jpg

new lens...
4772435032_a46be4f0f9_z.jpg

add me as a contact on flickr (sig) - it takes me forever to get to this thread on my computer since its so slow, id love to see everyones pictures and its easier when i just log onto to flickr and see everyones new uploads right there

Originally Posted by nwt

Dan, I love the owl shot - animal photography, specifically bird photography, is something im heavily interested in... great shot

add me as a contact on flickr (sig) - it takes me forever to get to this thread on my computer since its so slow, id love to see everyones pictures and its easier when i just log onto to flickr and see everyones new uploads right there

Thanks Neil!.. Already added you on flickr

Back
Top Bottom