The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

need some advice everyone. I have a busy week coming up that includes the following-

-Engagement photos (actually proposal pictures outdoors)
-Graduation (ceremony and party)
-Live Band Performance ( blues band, venue aprox. 150 people)

I am looking to rent a  zoom lens for the weekend but am undecided between the canon 24-70 f2.8 and the 70-200 f2.8

My current setup is the following-

Canon 5d
Canon 40d
430exII x 2
50mm f1.4
135 f2

I cant seem to decide which one, i know i can throw my 135L on my 40d to get a little more range, but I like the idea of being able to get to 200mm in outdoor situations.  I know that 24mm on a FF is great for indoor photos and group shots but I have done pretty well with foot zooming my 50mm. 

any insight would be appreciated 
I would go with the 24-70. Depends how close you plan to get for the 70-200. I love the pictures from the lens, but hated the weight of it.

85mm is pretty much the standard.

Sorry for all the car photos
laugh.gif

Nice shot man. This is my boy Chris's whip. Used to be in the 7thgen Maxima group with us, until he upgraded on us 
laugh.gif
. Had a 370z before this Q. They both were
nthat.gif

From my second roll of 220 film. I'm so stupid though... Didn't read the directions of the safelight (red light in the darkroom) and ended up fogging my photos. Some looked better converted to B&W, some were alright in color. At least now I know.

On a side note, It's really hard to take photos with this camera on the fly unless you're focused to infinity. The x-axis is reversed so that takes a lot to get used to. Really hard to get leveled shots. Also, a tripod is your friend.

FLM054.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

FLM053.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

FLM056.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

FLM055.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

FLM060.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

FLM050.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just ordered the Sony 50mm f/1.8 lens for my a6000.

Looking forward to building a portfolio with my family, and then launch a freelance website. 

I appreciate all of you guys constantly posting, gives me the motivation to go out and shoot.

One day I hope to be as good as some of you guys.

Just ordered the Sony 50mm f/1.8 lens for my a6000.

Looking forward to building a portfolio with my family, and then launch a freelance website. 

I appreciate all of you guys constantly posting, gives me the motivation to go out and shoot.

One day I hope to be as good as some of you guys.

I like the 50mm but it's too long for what I want out of my a6000. Looking for something more 35mm field of view with the crop in a compact size.

$28 a carton? not bad.

use to pick up cartons at duty free airpots for like $15 when I use to smoke
Yeah, I'm not a smoker but my dad is; he was kinda flippin' out when he saw the price. Apparently they're like $65/carton (give or take) here in Jersey. He bought a few cartons and had me carry em in my backpack. I was surprised how lax customs was. I just told em I was bringing cigs and they didn't even ask to see 'em. Didn't look at my bag at all.

$28 a carton? not bad.

use to pick up cartons at duty free airpots for like $15 when I use to smoke
Yeah, I'm not a smoker but my dad is; he was kinda flippin' out when he saw the price. Apparently they're like $65/carton (give or take) here in Jersey. He bought a few cartons and had me carry em in my backpack. I was surprised how lax customs was. I just told em I was bringing cigs and they didn't even ask to see 'em. Didn't look at my bag at all.

Yeah, I use to fly back from overseas and bring cartons back, but a couple years ago they limited it to 1 carton per person.

thinking of copping a new digital camera. willing to spend around 7-800

what kind of camera do you guys suggest. i'm kind of used to canon but willing to hear any suggestions.

thanks in advance

thinking of copping a new digital camera. willing to spend around 7-800

what kind of camera do you guys suggest. i'm kind of used to canon but willing to hear any suggestions.

thanks in advance

What was your previous camera?

yeah DSLR

i would not mind purchasing a used one but im not sure from where. mark 2 would be awesome though.

in simple terms would be the major differences between a rebel and a mark ?

Last edited:
yeah DSLR

i would not mind purchasing a used one but im not sure from where. mark 2 would be awesome though.

in simple terms would be the major differences between a rebel and a mark ?

Rebels are cropped cameras whereas the 5D is full frame.

Better low light performance with full frame.

You can check out photography-on-the.net.

They have a really good classifieds section.

cool thanks.

i was looking for the classified section right now but realized i need to have 30 posts in 30 days to view :lol:

cool thanks.

i was looking for the classified section right now but realized i need to have 30 posts in 30 days to view :lol:

Oh yeah. They recently did that rule.

Just comment on some photos. :lol:

i just posted like "good stuff" "beautiful shot" etc ... :lol:

Last edited:
I shoot with a T2i, it's an older Rebel, came out in 2010.

Deciding on whether to upgrade to a 5D soonish or pick up some flashes.

Last edited:
Good condition probably around $1000 - $1300.

Keep in mind your crop body lenses wont fit on full frames.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom