The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Yo Ive been shooting with m on my canon xs but ive noticed when I go to upload my pictures on my pc they images come up as CR2 files instead of JPeg files. What can I do to make the photos Jpeg?

Yo Ive been shooting with m on my canon xs but ive noticed when I go to upload my pictures on my pc they images come up as CR2 files instead of JPeg files. What can I do to make the photos Jpeg?

It's probably because the camera has the image format in RAW. You can import them into lightroom and then export them into Jpeg if you want to edit them. Are you on mac or pc? If you're on mac you can just import them into photos them export them in jpeg format. RAW is actually better if you want to edit the photos after.

I'm not familiar with Canon, but it sounds like you've been shooting RAW. There are a bunch of programs that can convert them to JPEG; Lightroom being the one I use. There are free ones out there though.

It's probably because the camera has the image format in RAW. You can import them into lightroom and then export them into Jpeg if you want to edit them. Are you on mac or pc? If you're on mac you can just import them into photos them export them in jpeg format. RAW is actually better if you want to edit the photos after.
I have a pc. Is there a way where I can shoot without the photos being Cr2 and being jpeg instead?

I'm not familiar with Canon, but it sounds like you've been shooting RAW. There are a bunch of programs that can convert them to JPEG; Lightroom being the one I use. There are free ones out there though.
How do I not shoot raw?

That is correct.

Thanks im in the quality menu. If I change it to L or M will it produce a jpeg instead of a cr2?

This is what you should see. You want the RAW setting all the way to the left where the vertical line is and yes if you change the JPEG setting to any one of those it will produce a JPEG image but the size will vary. L for Large, M for Med etc.

Some time last month, I started shooting with a Polaroid Land Camera. I went through four packs (10 images per pack). you can check out all my trail and errors and results on my blog (Link below).

The camera and film itself.

Just like any thing you start especially photography, you will have many mistakes and trail and errors like I did.

But over time, you get better and better.

These are images from today. I haven't had the chance to work on the digital files on my D800, but here are the images from the Polaroid Land Camera.

Check out the rest on my blog. A lot more.

IG - @dunksrnice
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2015/06/s006-ep141.html

Just printed some 16X24 prints of some photos I shot and man, I don't know why I haven't done this earlier. I actually doubted my Mark 3 in printing some clean photos this size cause there were some minor sharpening issues on one of the photos but it still came out great without any sharpening. I suggest everyone print some stuff just to see things in the flesh. It's really a great feeling. Haha.

print-1.png

I went to Photoworks on Market and Church St in SF. It's a little over $30 each and if you get more, it costs a little less a piece.

https://www.photoworkssf.com

Fong - My homie goes there all the time to get his film developed. When I have my photos or work in general printed, it always comes out sharper than the digital image, it's crazy and know what you mean.

--

Recent random work.

More on the blog.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

. I was picking up litter at my job and noticed a baby bird trying to learn to fly. The mom flew out of nowhere numerous times and pecked me :lol: as I passed by and I was confused why it was doing that until I carefully glanced and saw it frozen in this stance. A cat almost got it but I kicked it away and the squad of birds dive bombed the **** out of it :lol:

Last edited:
^^^^Nice Rolo. I am actually going to shoot some save the date photos for my sister this weekend. Going to go back to City Hall and shoot with the Warriors colors in the background. Not the most creative thing in the world but that is what she wants. Going to even shoot off flash with two speedlites. Should be an interesting experience seeing how I've never done it before and not even totally sure how to light something like that with what I have. I just need one good photo of the bunch.

^^^^Nice Rolo. I am actually going to shoot some save the date photos for my sister this weekend. Going to go back to City Hall and shoot with the Warriors colors in the background. Not the most creative thing in the world but that is what she wants. Going to even shoot off flash with two speedlites. Should be an interesting experience seeing how I've never done it before and not even totally sure how to light something like that with what I have. I just need one good photo of the bunch.

What modifier for the flashes

Back
Top Bottom