The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Added some new content to the website.

http://www.jaylenard.com/#/janierae/

Thrift store find...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been looking for a zoom lens as of late and I found a used Nikon 17-55 2.8 for $500 (used). It's been 5 yrs since the owner had it but he said that it's in great shape. Should I jump on it? Thanks in advance

For that price? I'd jump on it. No ayo.

If you trust him enough that its in good condition then yeah definitely go for it.

Thanks for the input guys. I'd check it out on person first and if it's really in a good condition I'll take it.

^^^^Thanks buddy! How do you like that macro lens? I hated the Canon one for some reason but I'd like to get a long lens. The 135mm is a solid one.
Dude, the macro (micro which is labeled on the 105mm for Nikon) is amazing! I don't even sue VR on it lol. Overall worth every penny!

Just a few from today.

More on the blog.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

Last edited:
anyone play around with the canon 24mm pancake yet? thinking about pairing it with the 60D as an all purpose lens

^^^^^Seems like a solid lens for the price. You can even get an extension tube and make it into a budget macro lens.

fongstarr-1.png

Some store gave me a swatch book for gel filters for free and all the swatches actually fit my flashes. Had to try it on myself unfortunately. Bought even a grey background paper and got a budget studio in my kitchen. Can't wait to shoot some other things with it.

Nice, when I get this flash kit and background off Amazon next month I too will have a in home "studio"

That's dope, Fong!

I wonder why Canon made the 24mm pancake EF-S as opposed to EF like the 40mm. Would have been interested in trying it out.

Any of you guys on Behance? Thinking about starting up a profile there since I signed up fro Creative Cloud, might as well use it.

Last edited:
Nice pics brah's.

Another question.

I wanna post my pics online and I already asked about Flickr, but I want it to be social media friendly a la Instagram.

Is Instagram the best social photography platform out there?

Is it respected among people who take photography atleast semi-seriously?

^^^^^^Yeah, Get on IG. Flickr gets less traffic and I am sure most people that use it, post their good photos on IG like I do. I mean you can get it all and just upload everything but IG seems to be the winner right now even if you are mixed with other users that don't use it to show off photography.

Nice, when I get this flash kit and background off Amazon next month I too will have a in home "studio"

Hopefully your kit came with 2 tripods. I got one and since I was in my kitchen and it's super small, I was able to place another flash in a cabinet. I think if I had one more flash, I could drown some more shadows but make sure to mount the flashes high and point them down. I was getting crazy shadows and more so with my hat on.

Nice pics brah's.

Another question.

I wanna post my pics online and I already asked about Flickr, but I want it to be social media friendly a la Instagram.

Is Instagram the best social photography platform out there?

Is it respected among people who take photography atleast semi-seriously?

i'm a big fan of tumblr. i've discovered a lot of talented photographers on there and a lot of photographers i am a fan of use it as their means for a blog in addition to having a portfolio site. it's been very helpful for me as far as talking to other legit photographers and even getting bookings. someone from urban outfitters hit me up the other day to say they've been following me for a while and now they want to book me for some work, which i am totally down with.

i put on photo exhibitions in partnership with stussy and i have actually booked people i've found from tumblr for some of our shows.

anyway, it's something to look into; it can lead to cool things and there's tons of great people to follow on there.

Hopefully your kit came with 2 tripods. I got one and since I was in my kitchen and it's super small, I was able to place another flash in a cabinet. I think if I had one more flash, I could drown some more shadows but make sure to mount the flashes high and point them down. I was getting crazy shadows and more so with my hat on.
No tripods so I'll have to get those seperately unfortunately but I can't wait. Gonna get some filters and a reflector

Here's the kit here Amazon product ASIN B008CS67F4

Nice shots^ Really like the second photo.

Those pics of Nikki are just so clean!

Just one for this week. Hopefully ill get to shoot today :smh:

Madness by Benssick_, on Flickr

What is this effect called? Wanna learn how to shoot shots like this

Thanks in advance
Its light trails

https://iso.500px.com/light-trails-tutorial/

Basically shooting with a with a slow shutter speed. You want the camera to rest on something or use a tripod to avoid shakes since the exposure is long.

I'm trying to get the same kind of thing going at my place. In due time...
looks like with that kit i'm getting it can be relatively inexpensive. Like 4-600. I'm thinking of getting some of those speedlight batteries for a lower recycle time

Back
Top Bottom