The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

From yesterday morning at about 6:20am. I had to coordinate this shot with my wife on our earpieces just to get this shot. Thankfully the city is still dead. Just wish those two cars weren't there. Would have made the photo even better.

Sunrise+1.jpg

This is one of my favorites Fong! Was it shot with a 70-200?

I ended up copping da 6D with only 6k shutter clicks, and my 24-70 f4 Lens coming in a few days. I sold the 7D II

first time with full frame and I’m never going back to crop sensor
77135166-3255-457B-8845-91CECEF9D6D5.jpeg
59492056-EDFD-4C14-A643-A028C39ACD7A.jpeg

Drop in the wind, but wondering if anyone can help me locate this original photo? I can't find it anywhere on the web

It's Denise Oliver-Velez in the Young Lords main office in East Harlem, circa 1970, by Hiram Maristany.

All that info, and I still can't find it, Any help would be welcomed. Thanks

1592887555027.png

I ended up copping da 6D with only 6k shutter clicks, and my 24-70 f4 Lens coming in a few days. I sold the 7D II

first time with full frame and I’m never going back to crop sensor
77135166-3255-457B-8845-91CECEF9D6D5.jpeg
59492056-EDFD-4C14-A643-A028C39ACD7A.jpeg

Love my 6D, my 16-35 4.0 broke and I havent gotten around to fixing it yet. Eventually will.

This is one of my favorites Fong! Was it shot with a 70-200?
Yup. I think I’ve been using this lens almost 80% of the time. It’s just so damn sharp and rivals my primes. Only thing bad is it’s heavy. The 70-200mm for the Canon R looks so refreshing but just do damn expensive.

Canon Canon CANON! First off the music in this reveal video was epic! So yeah it's no secret that I've been on the Sony train since the first iteration of the A7, and am the proud owner of an a6000, Full Frame RX1R2, and an A7R3. But I will be switching to the Canon EOS R5 this year with no question.

Canon got tired of Sony (and this is debatable) eating their lunch in the mirrorless game and came back with an effort that is kind of unbelievable actually. I'm over here happily stunned. So yes I am a fanboi...of utterly dope technology, and I'll follow whatever company is putting it out.

I am thoroughly interested in the R5 but want to see how they perform with DSLR glass and the adaptor first. But just glad Canon came out with some heat finally.

What camera bags are you all using? I'm looking for possibly a sling bag - just something smaller than a backpack than can hold a full frame DSLR and a large lens.

I got a lowepro protactic 350. I think I need to get a smaller one tho. I don’t need to carry all my gear at once.

Looks like I’m sticking to Sony. The Asiii is a beast!

Decide I wanted to try photography.... Im gonna picked up the 7d mk ii with a canon Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L lens

is that a good start?

Decide I wanted to try photography.... Im gonna picked up the 7d mk ii with a canon Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L lens

is that a good start?
if you’re going to be shooting a lot of sports/wildlife the 7d mk2 is great. If not i would get a 6d Or a 70d/80d

you can get a 6d in good condition for around 500-550 if you check eBay

I ended up getting the 7dmkii and 5 lens for $1200

figured it was a gapped deal.

not sure how these tense are but I'm about to read and learn.

anyone have any sites recommendation for starting out.
1441B068-4BF8-4565-97C1-DABE326BCEE7.JPG

I ended up getting the 7dmkii and 5 lens for $1200

figured it was a gapped deal.

not sure how these tense are but I'm about to read and learn.

anyone have any sites recommendation for starting out.
1441B068-4BF8-4565-97C1-DABE326BCEE7.JPG
Some interesting lenses there. I don't think I have ever used any of them aside from the 50mm. A lot of those lenses aside from the 50mm might have some sharpness issues but if you aren't a pixel peeper, don't worry about that for now. Just practice in using the camera from looking at light meter in your camera, changing apertures, shutter, etc. Perhaps know what you want to shoot first and focus on that before you try to shoot it all. The thing about photography is there is so much to learn from the equipment, editing, accessories, style of shooting etc. But glad you are starting. Just don't get frustrated cause it takes a lot of time.

Check out some YouTube channels. There is Tony and Chelsea, Matt Granger, Fro Knows Photos, Kai Wong, etc. They can get you started on things but feel free to ask any questions on here too.

Been bored so shot some product photography shots of my bike that overlook the Bay Bridge. The hardest part of the photo oddly was making sure the bike stood up on a stick I had. It fell 3 times and just was a pain to get straight. Then the rest was easy enough. Shoot a photo of the city at a long exposure, focus on the bike and light paint it with an LED and then focus on the water to get another long exposure of that. The editing took about an hour with some cloning and other things but over pretty happy with it. Just wish the composition was a little more interesting and not so flat.

Bianchi+Super+Pista+5.jpg

Some interesting lenses there. I don't think I have ever used any of them aside from the 50mm. A lot of those lenses aside from the 50mm might have some sharpness issues but if you aren't a pixel peeper, don't worry about that for now. Just practice in using the camera from looking at light meter in your camera, changing apertures, shutter, etc. Perhaps know what you want to shoot first and focus on that before you try to shoot it all. The thing about photography is there is so much to learn from the equipment, editing, accessories, style of shooting etc. But glad you are starting. Just don't get frustrated cause it takes a lot of time.

Check out some YouTube channels. There is Tony and Chelsea, Matt Granger, Fro Knows Photos, Kai Wong, etc. They can get you started on things but feel free to ask any questions on here too.

Been bored so shot some product photography shots of my bike that overlook the Bay Bridge. The hardest part of the photo oddly was making sure the bike stood up on a stick I had. It fell 3 times and just was a pain to get straight. Then the rest was easy enough. Shoot a photo of the city at a long exposure, focus on the bike and light paint it with an LED and then focus on the water to get another long exposure of that. The editing took about an hour with some cloning and other things but over pretty happy with it. Just wish the composition was a little more interesting and not so flat.

Bianchi+Super+Pista+5.jpg

That's awesome man. I don't even know where to start with photography. Have been trying to get into it for a year now. My GF has a boutique and I shoot all her pieces and stuff and have improved a little but I don't know how to take it to the next level.

That's awesome man. I don't even know where to start with photography. Have been trying to get into it for a year now. My GF has a boutique and I shoot all her pieces and stuff and have improved a little but I don't know how to take it to the next level.
What kind of boutique stuff? Jewelry, clothing? That is an interesting photography genre. I dabble in it here and there with some sneakers and what not but it can be a lot of work but it depends on if you need to be that crazy. Lighting is the biggest thing with product photography and setup. It's not even necessarily the camera at times but just prepping your products you want to shoot whether I be nice background, if it is say a shirt to clean it and make sure it is not wrinkly and so much more.

To kind of get what I am saying, check out this video. Get a tripod of you don't have one but if you are that tight on money, you can hand hold the camera and get it later. You can even get some white backdrops for a clean white look or even black for your object to pop out a bit..Just go to an art store and pick up some poster board. There is a lot of DIY lighting things you can do like this video shows so don't feel compelled to get flashes or strobes.

What kind of boutique stuff? Jewelry, clothing? That is an interesting photography genre. I dabble in it here and there with some sneakers and what not but it can be a lot of work but it depends on if you need to be that crazy. Lighting is the biggest thing with product photography and setup. It's not even necessarily the camera at times but just prepping your products you want to shoot whether I be nice background, if it is say a shirt to clean it and make sure it is not wrinkly and so much more.

To kind of get what I am saying, check out this video. Get a tripod of you don't have one but if you are that tight on money, you can hand hold the camera and get it later. You can even get some white backdrops for a clean white look or even black for your object to pop out a bit..Just go to an art store and pick up some poster board. There is a lot of DIY lighting things you can do like this video shows so don't feel compelled to get flashes or strobes.

Thanks, greatly appreciate it. She does most of her "flat lays" but when we go out and actually put the things on models that is where I typically take over. I was talking more so getting out of that genre and doing just photography in general. Even when it comes to just shooting models I am nowhere near being good. I want to be able to photograph nature, people, sports, just anything really. So I guess you could say I am very much a beginner to photography and don't really know where to start as far as learning the art overall.

Back
Top Bottom