The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Who doesn't love college basketball? Temple raped Toledo with a final score of 82 to 49. The full set can be viewed here. C/C is always appreciated 
smile.gif

Temple's #24 Senior Forward Lavoy Allen by Jazmyne Anderson, on Flickr

Temple's #24 Senior Forward Lavoy Allen by Jazmyne Anderson, on Flickr

Temple's #4 Junior Guard Juan Fernandez by Jazmyne Anderson, on Flickr

Temple's #11 Sophomore Guard T.J. DiLeo by Jazmyne Anderson, on Flickr

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

148891_448104876779_504436779_5778271_867527_n.jpg

76004_448105201779_504436779_5778282_2936950_n.jpg

you need to shoot nissans brah
funny you said that.

i cant post up all the images yet since it JUST barely came out. but heres a little preview.

i have shot several different cars and its already slotted for next years upcoming issues.

the lens up there is the EF 24 f/1.4L

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Originally Posted by Luong1209

NayokoChan - Thanks for the comparison.

Would you mind telling me how you straightened the photo out on photoshop?
ohwell.gif
No problem. I use the Crop Tool. I have CS4 so I don't have the option of seeing the grid while using the crop tool. But if you have CS5, there should be an option on the top of the toolbar that has a drop down menu that lets you select "Grid", "Rule of Thirds" or "None". Since I have CS4, I don't have "Grid" or "Rule of Thirds". So what I normally do is align either the top line or one of the side lines of the crop area to a line that's already in the photo. For example, in the kitchen photo, I used the top of the display wall to align the crop area. While using the crop tool, you're also able to rotate the image. There are links below to a step-by-step walkthrough. But that's only because I'm not entirely sure if this mini block of text made any sense. I hope this helps!
1. I pointed out the crop tool because sometimes even I have trouble finding it, so I figured it might be a bit helpful.
2. Here, the area that I want to crop has been selected. However, the image clearly needs to be rotated, as is pointed out by the lovely red area.
3. I used the top of the wall to align the image properly and here it has been cropped to my satisfaction.
I always do crop/rotate and image resizing first. Then I go on to color correction and all the other fun parts of editing.

I think there's a better way - select the measure tool (which is under the eyedropper on the toolbar) and draw a line along your horizon or whatever should be level. Then go to image>rotate canvas>arbitrary and PS will automatically turn the image to be level along the line you chose. You'll then have to crop the blank parts out of the edges.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by WITNESSS

i want a new SLR body
frown.gif
Cosign, I'm growing tired of my XSi

Or maybe I'll just get some new lenses...hmmmm
Save up for some primes. New glass > new body.
yeah.. i think its time for an upgrade tho.. i have the rebel xt wit a couple primes.. lookin into grabbin the t2i so i can mess around with the video and a hague mini.. chyeah

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by solemunchies

i want a new SLR body
frown.gif
Cosign, I'm growing tired of my XSi

Or maybe I'll just get some new lenses...hmmmm
Save up for some primes. New glass > new body.
yeah.. i think its time for an upgrade tho.. i have the rebel xt wit a couple primes.. lookin into grabbin the t2i so i can mess around with the video and a hague mini.. chyeah

I would never go from a cropped body to a cropped body. If I were you, save for a FF.

^ There's nothing wrong with cropped bodies. Their performance gets better and better with each generation plus not everyone has the need for full-frame.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Whats the best 16gb SDHC for a Canon T2i....Read somewhere a class 6 card is recommended...Is this true???[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]#PleaseRespond, wanna order online tonite [/color]

Sold my Canon XSi last week for $500 and picked up a Canon T2i (body) Brand new for $550 from adorama.com and threw on my Canon ef-s 15-85mm lens.. here's my first shot with my T2i and I have no regrets with my decision.  It was between the T2i and 7D but the price of the T2i on adorama was too hard to pass up on..

(air jordan III Blk/cement 2001 retros with a torn off rear tab from natural wear n tear..

A lil fun with my Legos, 580ex, PocketWizards and 100 f/2.8 macro
smile.gif

AT-AT Walker

With Snowtroopers

The most BA-lookin troops of the Imperial Army

General Veers and crew

"Dude, you look cold"

"We've got some elephant-looking things coming this way"

"Ummm...I don't think this is that Yoda dude"

what is your guys take on the canon 60d? i know it has an articulating screen.. but i hear the live view af is wack 

Back
Top Bottom