The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

is $350 a good price for a brand new ps3 3d tv ?
3d-ps3-display.jpg

If so? who wants one?

Link? I'll cop, srs.  I thought these went for $700 or something.
I would wait, i can see this dropping to 199-299 because of very poor sales. The new retail price in Canada is 399.99 and includes uncharted

Rising Revenge looks.... like a EZ pass...
The Last of Us looks CRAZY GOOD. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I enjoyed Dead Island.. So i will be copping this... for sure. 

Also.... What a joke of MW3 being named Shooter of the Year... SMFH ...

Skyrim being GOTY... Eh,... whatever but all i know is that game is broken to *%*# on the PS3. Rented the game.. i couldnt get into it personally...

I wouldve given GOTY to Batman AC

Heads up

I dont know if its been posted but www.zavvi.com is currently the best place to pick up video games. Its a UK website (PS3 is region free) but they ship fast and for only 1GBP. I ordered Deus Ex today and it cost 17usd shipped with no customs.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

is $350 a good price for a brand new ps3 3d tv ?
3d-ps3-display.jpg

If so? who wants one?

Link? I'll cop, srs.  I thought these went for $700 or something.

Retail is $499usd
I'll take one for 350
pm the details

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Anyone else get a Starhawk beta code with Uncharted 3? I tried to redeem it but it says it's not valid... am I just trying too soon?

EDIT: Nevermind. I Googled it; it won't work until next year.

I got an email today with a Starhawk Beta code, and couldnt get onto the servers. Thought maybe something was wrong, but I guess Ill check back in 2012.
I also got a link to the private Starhawk blog. PM if anybody wants it.

If you guys get into the StarHawk private beta let us know how it is, looks dope based of the trailer/gameplay.

Via Playstationlifesytle.net

The Last of Us is Third Person, Aiming for Late 2012/Early 2013 Launch
thelastofus_feature.jpg

Much like by Naughty Dog developed Uncharted and Jax and Daxter, The Last Of Us will be a third-person action game, according to an article by USA Today.

The article also states that the game is aiming for a late 2012 release, or an early 2013 one. Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells explained that they split the studio in half after the release of Uncharted 2 so that they could keep key developers who deserved a promotion:

If we didn’t expand the roles for people, we could potentially lose them, because they really wanted to be challenged. We didn’t want to lose that talent.

While they didn’t want to give the storyline away, Naughty Dog revealed that, at the start of the game, Joel, the lead character, finds Ellie teams up with her. Neil Druckmann, the game’s creative director, said:

[Joel is] a vicious survivor. When he meets this girl, she is his one chance at redemption. That kind of arc has always been intriguing.

The Last Of Us will continue the developer’s quest to make games more respected, and more cinematic, with Naughty Dog co-president Christophe Balestra saying:

We’re trying to move the medium of video games into an area elevated in the same manner of respect of film. We want to redefine what our medium is even called. ‘Video game’ is not an accurate name anymore. It is not necessarily a game with rules and a winner and a loser. It’s an experience.

Via Gamespot.com

NetherRealm Studios Taking A Hiatus From Mortal Kombat
feature-MortalKombat-Lightning-Rain.jpg

The reboot of Mortal Kombat earlier this year was a massive hit for fans of fighting games. While NetherRealm studios continued supporting the game by releasing character DLC, many fans hoped that the studio would continue supporting the franchise with further DLC and games. However, that might not be the case.

Studio head Ed Boon told Spike TV that his studio will take a long break from Mortal Kombat. He mentioned that the support for DLC is done and the studio will now move on to a different project. To the relief of many fans, he stated that they will come back to Mortal Kombat franchise eventually, although he couldn’t specify when exactly.

Via USA Today

Double Academy Award Winning Gustavo Santaolalla to Score The Last of Us
TheLastofUs_pleasedontfindme_feature.jpg

We already knew that The Last of Us had an amazing studio developing the game, but now it has been revealed that multi-award winning composer Gustavo Santaolalla will also be working on the post-apocalyptic title.

Santaolalla won back-to-back Academy Awards for Best Score for Brokeback Mountain (2005) and Babel (2006), as well as BAFTA Awards, a BMI Icon Award, 2 Golden Globe Awards, 2 Grammy Awards and 12 Latin Grammy Awards.

Neil Druckmann said at a presentation at Santa Monica:

He’s awesome. He picks and chooses what he works on – he could work on all these big movies. We brought him in here, showed him the game, walked him through the whole story and what we’re trying to do, and he said ‘I want to be a part of this’.

Continuing:

With this music we’re trying to get emotion. We’re not going for horror. There’s going to be horrific things happening in this game, but that’s not the focus of it. The monsters aren’t the focus of it, it’s the relationship between Joel and Ellie.

The main theme will be acoustic guitar-led, like much of Santaolalla’s work.

Via Gamasutra

Fumito Ueda’s Departure Confirmed
TheLastGuardian_Cry.jpg

Following rumors that Ico and SOTC creator Fumito Ueda had left Sony to work on a contract basis until the end of The Last Guardian‘s development, Sony has now confirmed that the renowned developer has indeed left SCEJ.

In a statement to Gamasutra, Sony admitted Ueda was no longer an employee at the company, but said that he is “committed to completing

Via Gamasutra

Other OS Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
Gavel_Header.jpg

A class action lawsuit brought against Sony Computer Entertainment America regarding the removal of the ‘Other OS’ function has been dismissed by a federal judge.

The class action lawsuit was launched against Sony after removal of the ‘Other OS’ feature in a firmware update back in April 2010. The feature had to be removed due its use by hackers to play pirated games loaded on to the system’s hard drive.

In his decision, US District judge Richard Seeberg stated that the plaintiffs, including California resident Anthony Ventura, had not adequately stated their claims. The judge said that the plaintiffs argument was flawed due to their claims not only involving the Other OS feature but access to the PlayStation Network.

The flaw in plaintiffs’ [argument] is that they are claiming rights not only with respect to the features of the PS3 product, but also to have ongoing access to an internet service offered by Sony, the PSN.

Has the removal of the Other OS feature affected you at all? There was an outcry from the homebrew and modding community when the update initially was rolled out last spring, but Other OS use was never adopted by the mainstream audience.

Via GamerfitNation

Hideo Kojima Wants a Zone of the Enders 3 as Much as Fans Do
feature-ZoneoftheEnders.jpg

While Hideo Kojima is mostly famed for his work in the Metal Gear series, some fans also love him for the Zone of the Enders franchise. A Zone of the Enders HD Collection is currently in development, but some have argued that it simply isn’t enough, and that we need a third installment that takes advantage of modern hardware capabilities. Thankfully, Hideo Kojima shares that same enthusiasm.

When Hideo Kojima was asked by GamerFitNation if he plans to make a Zone of the Enders 3, he replied (roughly translated from Japanese):

We would like to make Zone of The Enders 3 just as the fans do, but we don’t have the manpower required to make such a game.

He continued:

However, we do have a good platform for a Zone of the Enders 3 with the proprietary Fox Engine. So once we do have the staff required, we would be very excited to make this game which many fans have been asking for.

By the time such a project would be in the realm of possibility, given Kojima’s busy schedule, the PlayStation 4 will likely be nearing development completion. As such, Zone of the Enders 3 could be a title that releases around the time the console launches to beef up its library. Until then, we’ll be stuck replaying the first two originals, which were outstanding in their own right, after they re-release in HD Collection form sometime in 2012.

Via Joystiq

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 lets you use the Vita as a PS3 controller
umvc31213.jpg

In an announcement of new Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Vita media (in our gallery), Capcom shared some kind of weird news about the portable port: it allows you to use the Vita as an "Ultimate Controller" for the PS3 version. We're guessing this means you'll be able to use the touch controls when playing the console version. We're sure Hori and Mad Catz are raising their collective, corporate eyebrows at the "Ultimateness" of that option, but more options are always welcome.

In addition, the Vita version will offer "exclusive Gold Herald" color options for the characters, essentially making the game look like a battle between Academy Awards. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be released on February 15, concurrent with the Vita's week-early "First Edition" hardware bundle, providing an escape from Little Deviants.

Via activision

Activision trumpets $1 billion for Modern Warfare 3
mw3standard530.jpg

As Bobby Kotick nestles himself between a cloud masquerading as a mattress and a gold-trimmed white goose down duvet (the goose has the gold trim, not the duvet), his mind can gently waft into unconsciousness, accompanied by the pleasing crackle of bloggers typing "one billion dollars." Activision announced the enormous sales figure for Modern Warfare 3 this morning, claiming the milestone flew by within 16 days of the game's launch. We hope George Michael was adequately rewarded for providing his flattest cover yet.

The information is derived from retailer sell-through data and the UK's Chart-Track service, and is positioned in comparison to entertainment nemesis Hollywood, where 2009's Avatar took longer to reach the same sales (19 in total if you ask Wikipedia). James Cameron's 3D spectacle rested on an awful lot of noses and eventually reached $2 billion worldwide.

Alas, that's an indication of Modern Warfare 3's diminishing returns in the news sphere. Next year, we want to see two billion bucks before we commit a sentence.

Via andriasang.com

Metal Gear Rising was secretly canceled before Platinum took it on
rising1212.jpg

We hadn't heard any official news on Metal Gear Solid: Rising for over a year, and then it showed up with a new name, a new storyline, and a new team making it. You don't have to be part of a secret cabal of world-dominating AIs to realize that there was some ... trouble somewhere in the last year. And, in fact, Rising had been canceled.

The staff at Kojima Productions had the "cut anything" concept realized, according to Andriasang's report of the latest Hideraji podcast. They also had the motion capture done and a story written ... but the rest was in the air. Without a clearer direction, Kojima decided to end development.

Platinum Games studio reps happened to visit, the story goes, and expressed their excitement for the project, leading to their assignment to complete the game. It was Platinum's idea to change the story, and they also offered the concept of "a game where it feels so good to chop things up that you would die," as Andriasang translates it. We think that's a more promising concept than a game where it feels good to chop things up, and then the game dies.

I notice that Platinum Games logo and was like WTH? But if Konami co-signs them, im all for it. 

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Alright NT fam so I finally got my Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition from my Sony connect yesterday.

Honestly it's nowhere nearly worth $100 bucks for it retails for. Only thing I like out of it is the steel game case. Does the ring & belt buck still sell pretty well on ebay right now? I heard before people on ebay were paying $60 to $80 alone for the ring that came with the collectors edition.

As for the game it's dope considering I put in about 3 hours into the story mode tonight. But for some reason I don't know UC3 seems way easier compared to UC2 and I'm playing UC3 right now on Hard and I'm not dying as much as I was in UC2 when I played the story mode on Normal.

So far the story in UC3 also kind seems to move slower in the beginning where literally the 1st hour was hand to hand combat before you got to some gunfights. UC2 from the get go I remember it was just non stop action. I remember because I beat UC2 about a month ago.

The game is great and graphics are top notch and IMHO is the best looking game on any current gen console
pimp.gif

But honestly I don't agree and see how IGN gave it a perfect 10 score.

Right now for me Skyrim gets my vote for GOTY 2011.

UC2 was amazing. I played parts of UC3 and it definitely took a step back and I'm not gonna purchase it (probably gonna rent it). Especially if the game has more Elena involved in the story
indifferent.gif
Something about that character annoys the @#$% out of me. I was hoping Drake would run off with Chloe 
laugh.gif

Mass Effect 3 & The Last of Us will probably be the next & last games I purchase for PS3.
frown.gif

I see nothing else appealing...Sighs.
tired.gif

PO

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Anyone else get a Starhawk beta code with Uncharted 3? I tried to redeem it but it says it's not valid... am I just trying too soon?

EDIT: Nevermind. I Googled it; it won't work until next year.

I got an email today with a Starhawk Beta code, and couldnt get onto the servers. Thought maybe something was wrong, but I guess Ill check back in 2012.
I also got a link to the private Starhawk blog. PM if anybody wants it.
Yea I got this email today too. Haven't tried to download yet though, too busy.

Did everyone else get the 30 days free PS+ email too? comes with 2 additional codes to give out to friends...

Back
Top Bottom