The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Its good. Its deceivingly easy at the beginning, especially the battle system. Once you get a little farther in, you need to level grind a bit, usually 1 level per main story advancement.

I got destroyed in the 3rd dungeon, but all it took was going in, fighting until I ran out of herbs, back tracking to a town, restocking, and repeating until I could make it all the way through without having to retreat.

If you liked old school JRPG's (FF 1, FF 2, ect) you will probably like it. Its broken into 4 chapters which are about 5 hours a piece. Also a Minecraft homage in one of them.

Its a retro feeling game, but does it very well. I'd recommend it, especially for $10. Wish I would have jumped on it when it was 20% off for PS+ members, but 2 bucks is whatever.

Story is amusing and the dialogue pokes fun at alot of RPG mechanics and has some inside jokes. Trophies are really easy as well as long as you are aware of the missable ones on the way through.

I am on hard mode and I love it. Going to give it another run on the hardest mode once I finish. Anyone else give it a shot?

^
I have it. I started it but couldnt get into it. Sleeping Dogs and GTA are alot better IMO.

Probably get this on PS4, but nice to see a few great games coming to those who are holding off on next gen.

Thief Announced for Xbox 360 and PS3
Current-gen thievery confirmed.
by Justin Davis JUNE 20, 2013

Previously a next-gen and PC exclusive, Eidos Montreal announced today that its hotly anticipated stealth reboot Thief will also ship for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 day-and-date with the next-gen versions. A release date for the stealthy game hasn't been announced beyond '2014', though.

Like virtually everyone else, Thief impressed us at E3. Like Eidos Montreal's previous game Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Thief seems to smartly streamline and modernize the franchise without losing the heart and soul that made it such a huge hit to begin with.

Although the visuals in the current-gen version obviously won't be as impressive as the next-gen and high-end PC release, Eidos went out of its way to note that the core stealth gameplay and overall game vision will remain intact.

I dled saint rows 3 and played for a few... its not too fun atm.  I have no urge to really play it again.

I however did dled uncharted 3 and beat it... honestly that game is frustrating as hell but overall its a real fun game.

Its not as great as part 2 but its good... the first half is kinda boring and chloe didn't have dat ***. elaine looks chinese in some scenes too.

Waiy, when did they start doing this or am I just being late?

^ Been around for a while in NA.

Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary Edition Revealed
FREE HELMET.
by Mitch Dyer JUNE 24, 2013

Sony has announced a 15th Anniversary Edition upgrade for Gran Turismo 6. Pre-ordering the $60 PlayStation 3 racing sim at GameStop will automatically give you the anniversary upgrade bonuses, which includes 20 cars, custom paint chips, a race suit and helmet, PSN avatar, and "a copy of Beyond the Apex II app."

GameStop says it will have more information on the package at a later date, so perhaps there's more on the way. For the full roster of anniversary cars, check out the list below. Or, if you'd rather pre-order from Amazon, you'll get $1 million in Gran Turismo 6 credits to spend on new cars.

While you wait for its holiday release, here's everything you need to know about Gran Turismo 6.

Here's what your $60 pre-order gets you in Gran Turismo 6:

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Tesla Model S Signature Performance '13
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
Alpine A110 1600S '68
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 '12
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 '13
Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11
KTM X-BOW R
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Lotus Europa (type54) '68
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car '11
SRT Viper GTS '13
TRD 86 Racing '08
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car '08

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

My OG 60GB PS3 just crapped out on me yesterday & I'm looking for a quick fix.

I am 92% complete with TLOU & I just want to finish the game.

But yesterday, I tried to turn it on & it started up, but about 10 secs later it cuts itself off and the red light blinks on and off. The XMB never appears or anything. Is there any way to fix this problem???

I just need it to work for about 30 min to an hour so I can finish the game. I have a PS4 reserved, so I'm not too concerned about a permenant solution.

Just let it rest for a few days and try again. My 60 GB died on New Years and started working again when I randomly turned it on. Was the first time in months since I had touched it so it might have been fine even sooner.

But yesterday, I tried to turn it on & it started up, but about 10 secs later it cuts itself off and the red light blinks on and off. The XMB never appears or anything. Is there any way to fix this problem???

I just need it to work for about 30 min to an hour so I can finish the game. I have a PS4 reserved, so I'm not too concerned about a permenant solution.

i think that means it's over heating. used to happen sometimes when i would play skyrim. just let it rest for a while and try again

Like a caterpillar, your PS3 must cocoon itself in order to become the butterfly that is PS4.

Like it was said, sounds like its over heating.

Last edited:

Use the blow dryer trick.

Hey guys my ps3 broke awhile ago and i haven't replaced it but now with bioshock and last of us out i really want one, however since ps4 is right around the corner im not sure if i should get one. I have a friend who will sell me a ps3 with 2 controllers for 180. I guess my question to you guys is if it is worth it? ps4 won't be backwards compatible right? how long will sony support ps3 and still pump out new games for it?

Hey guys my ps3 broke awhile ago and i haven't replaced it but now with bioshock and last of us out i really want one, however since ps4 is right around the corner im not sure if i should get one. I have a friend who will sell me a ps3 with 2 controllers for 180. I guess my question to you guys is if it is worth it? ps4 won't be backwards compatible right? how long will sony support ps3 and still pump out new games for it?

Nah $180 is not worth it.If it's the slim model the most your friend would get by trying to trade it into Gamestop would be around $120 to $140 store credit.

Sony has hinted at possible backwards compatibility on the PS4 through the Gaikai streaming service they bought out last year but it won't nbe available until sometime in 2014.

Sony will continue to support the PS3 for awhile.Just look at how long they supported and released new games for the PS2.

Back
Top Bottom