The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Depends how you are financially.

Id do it, because you can play Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, GT6, Beyond: Two Souls, and many more games still coming for PS3. Not to mention get PS+ and get 12 games for immediate. PS+ carries over to PS4.

Last edited:
Nah $180 is not worth it.If it's the slim model the most your friend would get by trying to trade it into Gamestop would be around $120 to $140 store credit.

Sony has hinted at possible backwards compatibility on the PS4 through the Gaikai streaming service they bought out last year but it won't nbe available until sometime in 2014.

Sony will continue to support the PS3 for awhile.Just look at how long they supported and released new games for the PS2.

he said its the fat ps3. does that make any difference? thanks for the reply tho. this helps. i didn't know they would have backwards compatibility! thats awesome

he was also going by craigslist prices from what he told me

Last edited:
Depends how you are financially.

Id do it, because you can play Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, GT6, Beyond: Two Souls, and many more games still coming for PS3. Not to mention get PS+ and get 12 games for immediate. PS+ carries over to PS4.

thank you. im not a huge gamer anymore by any means and 180 would not hurt me but it won't help me either. i think im getting caught up in the hype of bioshock and last of us and really want to try them out lol. im a big single player guy so those games attract me and its too bad it wont be on ps4

Worst case scenario is you dont use it, you trade it in towards a PS4.

Only thing Id be careful of is the OG system (Fats) had a higher failure rate. However, if it hasnt gone yet, you should probably be good.

ya i believe them keeping the ps3 for a couple years... they still got mad games and some better than others but the system is still good and even better than the wii u :smh:

I think it's worth it especially sine you said you don't play a lot. Obviously it won't make too much sense to wait for the PS4.. Plus all of these PS3 games will get cheaper and you can play a lot of great games you missed out on.

he said its the fat ps3. does that make any difference? thanks for the reply tho. this helps. i didn't know they would have backwards compatibility! thats awesome

he was also going by craigslist prices from what he told me

Just be careful with the FAT PS3 models they are literally ticking time bombs and get YLOD the most especially with the 40GB or 80GB models.

What's broke on your current PS3? You should check on your local craigslist to see what repair costs would be for your broken PS3.

Just be careful with the FAT PS3 models they are literally ticking time bombs and get YLOD the most especially with the 40GB or 80GB models.

What's broke on your current PS3? You should check on your local craigslist to see what repair costs would be for your broken PS3.

my ps3 YLOD and i had it fixed with a new fan but then it broke on me again because i guess i didn't use it very often and never got around to fixing it again. the fan is extremely loud so i didnt want to replace it so i want to get a new one.

my ps3 YLOD and i had it fixed with a new fan but then it broke on me again because i guess i didn't use it very often and never got around to fixing it again. the fan is extremely loud so i didnt want to replace it so i want to get a new one.

Cool. But seriously if your going to get a used PS3 and are willing to spend $150 to $180 you might as well get a used PS3 Slim model at your local Gamestop for that price.I'm pretty sure those used PS3's have some kind of 30 or 60 day warranty if they go bad.

Also a price cut for the PS3 might be announced sometime at the end of August when Gamescom and the TGS happens.

Last edited:
Been having playstation on the brain since E3 so i broke down and ordered a 2nd PS3 this morning (gave the first one away when it broke over a year ago)

I can get a gameplay key, but no PS3 download code...

Edit: I guess they'll message me in 24 hour with a PS3 download code....

Last edited:
Beat Infamous :pimp: :pimp:

Really fun game and and the story turned out to be really good too. I would recommend it to anybody that slept on it like I did. Can't wait to get to part 2.

But I'm bout to finish TLOU. Then I'll continue to finish games that I misses or slept on.

Beat Infamous :pimp: :pimp:

Really fun game and and the story turned out to be really good too. I would recommend it to anybody that slept on it like I did. Can't wait to get to part 2.

But I'm bout to finish TLOU. Then I'll continue to finish games that I misses or slept on.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that liked Infamous. Part 2 was really good as well, so check it out. Some of the decisions I had to make were harder because I usually want to be good, but some of the things that happened wanted to make me do some bad things... :evil:

I just started TLOU. Damn it's crazy. I'm only on the 3rd chapter, so I have a long way to go.

Last edited:
Man I was evil in infamous. Got to the point were I couldn't even walk the streets without being shot at or having rocks thrown at me. :lol:

Had to stay on top of buildings. :lol:

^
Nice. Not an easy game by any means. Careful, you might get addicted. :lol: I got my first with Assassin's Creed 2, and it was a wrap after that.

PS3 Update 4.46 is up. Fixes the 4.45 issue.

Also, the option to turn off trophy notification is there now, but who the hell would want to do that? :smh:

Back
Top Bottom