The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Is it that good? Like Phantasy Star Online Dreamcast good? This could be the game that I have been waiting for. There is so much potential within the FF universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Is it that good? Like Phantasy Star Online Dreamcast good? This could be the game that I have been waiting for. There is so much potential within the FF universe.

Currently in it's pre-release form it's very very enjoyable. The best thing about it is how it handle's the story which is very true to form within the FF universe. All your favorite tropes are there. Biggs, Wedge, Magitek, the summons, etc. This is the most "Final Fantasy" Final Fantasy since X. If you dig the FF universe and want an MMO experience that has a large focus on story progression this is for you.

Also, if you liked WoW and want to try something new this is for you also. Gameplay is pretty WoW-ish but mixed within the FF universe. I personally haven't been able to find an MMO that I've been able to really sink my teeth into since quitting WoW in 2010 but this has easily hooked me.

The other plus is that the dev team actually gives a **** and wants to see this succeed. I would recommend playing it for at least 2-3 months to get a good feel for it and then see how you feel about it once all the release bugs have been addressed.

Last edited:
^
I dont know why but I got a FFXII vibe from it as well. That's a good thing to me, as I was a huge fan of XII.

Patiently waiting to see what they do for trophies. :lol:

It seems like this mob mentality is getting worse rather than better. :smh:

Activision Community Manager: ‘Stop Threatening Game Developers’
“…this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny a*sho**s.”
by Colin Moriarty JULY 24, 2013

In an interesting and thought-provoking editorial on his personal blog, Activision’s community manager Dan Amrich expressed concern about the treatment of game developers on the Internet by the very people who play and enjoy their games, specifically citing a series of recent examples targeting David Vonderhaar of Treyarch.

In a recent patch of Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II, a series of tweaks were rolled-out that reduces the damage and speed of certain weapons. Due to the changes, which no doubt will alter the way some folks play the game, Vonderhaar was subject to ridicule and violent threats. The changes made some “people violently angry,” according to Amrich.

As Amrich explains, “One of [Vonderhaar]’s many responsibilities is to keep the game as balanced as possible,” yet when he does make these changes, he “often gets told he should die in a fire or kill himself or is a horrible person. If anyone thinks for a second that this is okay, it is not.”

“But if the loudest voices in the Call of Duty ‘community’ act like an angry mob instead, guess how the entire world views Call of Duty?” Amrich continued. “Now consider that these Internet Tough Guy rants and demands are not unique to COD, but exist everywhere, in many gaming communities. This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny as*ho**s. Because the immature, whiny as*ho**s are louder.”

Amrich concludes with a plea for more thoughtfulness and calm, asking people to think about how they want to be treated. “If you enjoy your games,” he ends his blog post, “have a little respect for the people who make them – and stop threatening them with bodily harm every time they do their job.”

Last edited:
Your sister a dummy who doesnt know how to throw a party.  My sister who lives with my brother does this all the time when hes out... but she hides all the house liquor, all electronics, media, etc. upstairs in a locked room and no one allowed upstairs...

did she at least clean the place up? or notice **** was being stolen right in front of her?

In an interesting and thought-provoking editorial on his personal blog, Activision’s community manager Dan Amrich expressed concern about the treatment of game developers on the Internet by the very people who play and enjoy their games, specifically citing a series of recent examples targeting David Vonderhaar of Treyarch.

In a recent patch of Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II, a series of tweaks were rolled-out that reduces the damage and speed of certain weapons. Due to the changes, which no doubt will alter the way some folks play the game, Vonderhaar was subject to ridicule and violent threats. The changes made some “people violently angry,” according to Amrich.

As Amrich explains, “One of [Vonderhaar]’s many responsibilities is to keep the game as balanced as possible,” yet when he does make these changes, he “often gets told he should die in a fire or kill himself or is a horrible person. If anyone thinks for a second that this is okay, it is not.”

“But if the loudest voices in the Call of Duty ‘community’ act like an angry mob instead, guess how the entire world views Call of Duty?” Amrich continued. “Now consider that these Internet Tough Guy rants and demands are not unique to COD, but exist everywhere, in many gaming communities. This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny as*ho**s. Because the immature, whiny as*ho**s are louder.”

Amrich concludes with a plea for more thoughtfulness and calm, asking people to think about how they want to be treated. “If you enjoy your games,” he ends his blog post, “have a little respect for the people who make them – and stop threatening them with bodily harm every time they do their job.”

I'm not surprised. Watch this.

I might even make a new thread for it. :lol:

Last edited:
^
I dont know why but I got a FFXII vibe from it as well. That's a good thing to me, as I was a huge fan of XII.

Patiently waiting to see what they do for trophies. :lol:
I was a huge fan as well so this is good to hear.

I will definitely be on with you guys when it drops. Thanks.

Anyone excited for Splinter Cell? I am hyped, one of my favorite franchises. Conviction was nuts and the MP was addicting. I love switching it up.

This is nothing new...

They must have never played on XBL. :lol:

[h1]Gran Turismo movie in development – rumour[/h1]
Hollywood gossip suggests Sony Pictures has tapped Fifty Shades of Grey producers Mike De Luca and Dana Brunetti for a new movie based on Gran Turismo.

20130527_gran_turismo_6.jpg

According to TheWrap, which doesn’t name its sources, a feature adaptation of Gran Turismo is in development.

The choice of De Luca and Brunetti is a little startling if true, but the potential movie is not; racing movies are a hot ticket right now thanks to The Fast and the Furious, the upcoming Need for Speed effort, and even a Hot Wheel movie.

Sony Pictures has allegedly nominated executives Elizabeth Cantillon, DeVon Franklin and Hannah Minghella to oversee the project.

The Gran Turismo franchise has sold over 70 million copies worldwide. Gran Turismo 6 is due on PlayStation 3 this year, and may come to PlayStation 4, too.

Thanks, AllGamesBeta.

I grabbed the Splinter Cell HD collection as I missed it growing up... and damn, the early ones were not easy.

i remember playing Splinter Cell on that other system with my former roomate, i dont remember which one it was but i do rememeber one of the multiplayer modes where one side had guns and the other group had to sneak around snaping necks and ****. which one is that? i loved that ****!

I grabbed the Splinter Cell HD collection as I missed it growing up... and damn, the early ones were not easy.

i remember playing Splinter Cell on that other system with my former roomate, i dont remember which one it was but i do rememeber one of the multiplayer modes where one side had guns and the other group had to sneak around snaping necks and ****. which one is that? i loved that ****!
They had that in Chaos Theory I believe.

The storyline is top notch as well. Conviction :pimp:

Spies and Mercenaries, spent hours playing that on the OG Xbox :lol:

They're bringing the mode back for the new Splinter Cell too :smokin

Spies and Mercenaries, spent hours playing that on the OG Xbox :lol:

They're bringing the mode back for the new Splinter Cell too :smokin

im sure i played that on the 360, is that game available for the ps3? id buy it if i can still play that mode online lol. or will i have to wait for the new one?

im sure i played that on the 360, is that game available for the ps3? id buy it if i can still play that mode online lol. or will i have to wait for the new one?

They started the mode with the second game Pandoras tomorrow and used it up until Double Agent which is on PS3/360.

man i want to play the new maps on bf3 but man i already invested enough on these maps already tired of spending $15 ... and i preordered bf4 so you know they going to do the same thing with that game :smh:

This game needs a movie. If this can be done by an indie studio imagine what could be done with Sony fulling supporting it.

Last edited:
Took advantage of that gamestop 50% extra credit.
traded in my Xbox 360 elite second controller and all the games i had on it. came up to $280. a lot more than i expected since half of the games were old sports games. I got 7 cents for ncaa 2008 :rofl:
i bought The last of us AGAIN though, since my house got robbed over the weekend. :smh:

Who remembers what some of the best ps3 bundles from black friday 2012 were?

Preferably from amazon.

I'm trying to see if it's worth it to just cop that 500gb gtav ps3 or just wait until black friday.

I'm not in any rush to cop a ps3, I just want the best value.

In 2012, most of the PS3 bundles - 250GB slim/superslim with 2 games for $200. Don't think anyone was bundling anything else with the consoles.

In 2012, most of the PS3 bundles - 250GB slim/superslim with 2 games for $200. Don't think anyone was bundling anything else with the consoles.
Thanks for the info.

Since that was the case last year, I'll just wait till black friday to cop a ps3.

Back
Top Bottom