The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

man that controller looks crazy.

im curious what the touch screen is about... i hope it's legit.

i hope this next-gen has more remakes of ol skool rpg games like ff 7,8, & 9.

and not like full blown remakes but hd remakes would be cool too.

Looks a little less bulky from this angle.

Last edited:
From that angle you can clearly see that the buttons on the side of the touchpad are more than likely Start & Select buttons contrary to the share button that people thought it was yesterday.

im not feeling the design of this new controller ... hope it doesnt feel like a cheap plastic brick :smh:
i swear i'll buy a xbox controller for the ps4 without hesitation

news on the ps4 is very exciting

dont know yet if im copping on release date. depends on the games

surprised hybrid drop mad info like that, but always grateful for the inside scoop.

right now the most exciting game ive played is metal gear rising revengeance. im always a fan of sword based games. slicing everyone up in blade mode brings out that hitokiri style that i like. the parry system makes the game more challenging, with the precise timing and execution.

dmc is ok, but disappointing overall.

ni no kuni is still my fav new game. i miss playing rpg back in the ps2 days, and this bring out that nostalgia for me. game is so much fun!

watch_dogs_poster.jpg

medium.jpg

Wonder if it'll be a launch title for the PS4 if it does indeed come out this year. Since I probably won't be getting PS4 on launch like I did with PS3, I'll have to pick it up for another system.

Last edited:
Remember this console generation is aimed at all those 8-10 year old who got into gaming on the Wii and have become teenagers. Do not think that 20 something male's are Sony's target market. Look at what your younger siblings are into from a social, technological, and attitude perspective to see where this is all headed.

I don't like the sound of this but hearing how powerful Orbis is and knowing the studios they have won't this mean that Sony is pushing to appeal to everyone from the get go, instead of only focusing on kids and families later on in the consoles life when it gets cheap like they're doing with wonderbook on the PS3?

its kind of weird to hear that because you would think that the ps4 would be aimed at us, the people who grew up with ps1, ps2, ps3 and im sure they will aim at us

but the truth is that the original ps1 was aimed that the kids who had played SNES and became teenagers so its part of playstation''s dna

im sure theyll hit everyone on the 20th

im worried about that statement too. i thought the wii was terrible because of what it was going for. it was successful in sales, but in terms of support from gaming industries...well we all know how that ended up in the long run.

id like to buy a ps4 (specifically for kindom hearts 3) but at this point it seems, considering their direction, that i may get more value from a ps3.

I didn't mean for it to come off as something like what Nintendo does in terms of it being a "kiddie" system. I was referring to how the younger generation is so plugged into technology with socialization and sharing with their online experiences and how much of a part of their daily life it is.

WSJ:
Sony Corp. 6758.TO -1.87% is planning to offer technology to stream games to its next videogame console, people familiar with the company's plans say, alongside other enhancements to bolster its position in the market.

The new technology, to be unveiled Wednesday along with the new console, will allow users to play games delivered over the Internet, these people said. The streaming service, they added, is designed to use current PlayStation 3 titles on the new console; the new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs.

Sony's plans come after it acquired Gaikai Inc. last year for $380 million. Though many companies now offer simple games over the Internet, Gaikai was one of several companies that offered online access to visually intense games, which ordinarily require specialized circuitry found on high-end personal computers and gaming consoles.

The streaming technology is one of the new features and enhancements expected to be offered with the new console, which Sony plans to unveil at an event in New York. Sony's new PlayStation, for example, may control the action with higher fidelity cameras for its "Move" motion-sensing technology and touch-sensing pads on new controllers, according to people who have seen and been briefed on the devices.

Still, Sony is pushing ahead and has been investing heavily to prepare Gaikai's service, people familiar with the matter say. Microsoft also has experimented with its own version of cloud gaming, people at the company have said, but has in the past questioned the costs associated with building a service large enough to reach all its customers.
it'll be interesting to see their infrastructure for doing all of this
nerd.gif

my guess is we'll play the pc versions of multiplats
nerd.gif

i figure that we'll just get 1080p HD classics
grin.gif
for console only games, especially ps3 exclusives

streaming everything as a ps3 game on a server just seems mind boggling

Last edited:
I didn't mean for it to come off as something like what Nintendo does in terms of it being a "kiddie" system. I was referring to how the younger generation is so plugged into technology with socialization and sharing with their online experiences and how much of a part of their daily life it is.

Oh Ok, makes a lot more sense now.

Quick thought. PSN will be bare on the PS4 even if they have day one downloads for PS4 games so is there a chance that PSN games will be what is streamed since they are usually smaller games while software emulation will be used for disk games or is emulation of the CELL completely out of the window.

Bungie's new MMOFPS game, looks damn good.

They expect it to have a decade long lifespan, coming out for PS3 360 and Next Gen consoles.

^^ eh, i'll wait and see what the boys are doing over at  RESPAWN, right now Destiny doesn't sound that great too me...

Hey when did Dragonborn drop? Is it still on sale?

Last Tuesday and the next DLC pack is coming this Tuesday.

Seriously though I'd just wait it out until Betheseda eventually releases the GOTY version later this year with all of the DLC packs for $39.99.

Everyone knows it's going to eventually happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom