The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I've beaten FF8 and I'm actually pretty excited for this... but I hated the draw and junction system as a kid as well :rofl:

I stopped playing that game when I lost all my good cards. Also hated that the monsters stayed the same level as me. When I build my character up, sometimes I just want to go back and beat down monsters that I had difficulty with.

Last edited:
Such an easy decision :smokin

9E633996-7548-4D0F-9DEC-2A19E8D912C8.jpeg

FF8 and the enemy auto-leveling made me mad as a kid, but I have come to like 8. Mid-tier in the franchise.

Two days before my birthday, one week before I go to Dallas. :nthat:

Im surprised people complained about the auto leveling for enemies so much. They leveled up but their stats were still trash compared to what your characters would have. You could still one hit kill regular enemies at lvl 99.

FF8 was my favorite FF game because i feel like it allowed you play the game multiple different ways. You can play the standard FF way focusing on the standard commands, Attack, Magic, etc. Be GF dominant and summon GFs every turn (was how i played my first playthrough as a kid). And you could play Limit Break dominant once you get the Aura Magic and spam limit breaks every turn.

Im surprised people complained about the auto leveling for enemies so much. They leveled up but their stats were still trash compared to what your characters would have. You could still one hit kill regular enemies at lvl 99.

As a kid I loved grinding levels in RPG's to break the game early. As an adult, I started liking how I could just play the game without having to worry too much. Junctioning correctly was way more important than building levels.

If this Steam Achievement is a trophy... :smh::lol:

Contrived Finish
Finish the game with Squall's initial level

Edit: I am actually seeing that one of the Boosters may be "No Random Encounters" so this would be pretty attainable if that is the case.

Last edited:
What are ya'll thoughts on Death Stranding? It looks good but I'm most definitely gonna wait on a review before buying it

Platinumed the first reboot and it's standalone DLC, The Old Blood.

I really enjoyed them. I heard New Colossus was apparently good, but the newest entry has gotten mixed reviews.

Been waiting for my backlog to clear up a bit more before grabbing New Colossus. Let me know what you think of it.

Back
Top Bottom