The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

So if I get this game months down the road, will the "environment" be filled with items, tips, signs, etc gamers have left already?

when traveling to a brand new area, you can’t see what other players left. Once you travel to the new area’s terminal and connect it to the system, only then can you see what other players left. Which is fine because you’re going be going back and fourth in the game to places you already been. Only this time it’ll be easier since you can now use things other players left behind.

also you can’t see what every single player created, as that would obviously just clutter the world. It’s limited to how many things you can see from other players.

but if you do get the game later down the road, the chance of other people using your stuff is prob less likely assuming most people already finished the game.

Any truth to this?!
Unplugging with clear the cache???
Try it and report back to us.

I don't know if you have to physically unplug the console but fully powering it down as opposed to putting it in REST mode should clear the cache. Might be worthwhile unplugging it once or twice a year but the full power down is highly recommended.

Beat the Valkyries, last one was so damn hard for me, put me on the brink of quitting that thing altogether. beat the fire trials, now I'm just trying to get through the Mist, I'm about halfway through that and just need to open the last 2 portals, this level is such a pain

Extremely frustrating level my G. I gave it a few attempts and I actually didn't mind some of the trials and Valkyrie fights, but this was just an annoying grind.

I always do a full power down when I'm not playing. I'll try the plug thing tomorrow.

You're good then my bro - the performance degradation with REST mode is documented and makes sense as you resume to the state you were in previously so there has to be some memory management/loss involved.

With the full power down you start with a NEW state and you have to fire up the games again and load your last save. In any case, let us know if the full unplug has any effect.

About 10 hours in on DS.

it’s amazing. Truly one of a kind and I’m glad Kojima took that risk. He pushed the game into new territories despite knowing some people will hate it.

people who say it’s about just walking from point A to B are clueless.

it’s not a walking simulator.

yes the game is about delivery packages, but there’s multiple challenges to get there from the BT, environment,etc.

each trip you need to plan and pack accordingly in order to make sure you’re mission is a success.

in addition, I love building bridges, setting up ladders, ropes, highways, etc knowing other people can use them.

everytime someone’s uses your equipment you get notified and it shows their PSN. You can also visit your stuff and see how many “likes” it got. If someone used it, you automatically get a “like”.

you can post signs saying you put down a ladder, a warning sign, steep hill sign, BT sign, etc.

its a great feeling when I built a bridge over a river for people to cross and a few hours later I saw that over 40+ people used it. It makes me want to build more stuff lol.

the feeling of playing alone but at the same time playing with “others” is amazing.

Also, balancing the packages in your back and traveling isn’t hard. The game gives you a feature to auto move your packages so it’s as balanced as it can be in terms of weight distribution.

the cut scenes are super long so you do need to invest time watching them to understand the story though. So if you don’t like that then that’s one negative aspect.

also the music is great. Esp when it starts playing when you’re traveling. The sense of isolation gives me a zen-type vibe but it’s also hilarious with the small details the Kojima put in this game (esp when he breaks the 4th wall)

overall, this game is amazing. Also I recommend going to the DS reddit thread. Nothing but positive vibes and hilarious memes.

Sounds like an Amazon Prime simulation.

Cats won't play through the Epilogue of Red Dead, I don't see them sitting through 58 hours of "let's build a house" :lol:

Sounds like an Amazon Prime simulation.

Cats won't play through the Epilogue of Red Dead, I don't see them sitting through 58 hours of "let's build a house" :lol:
I can’t even lie, that epilogue was boring as hell to me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom