The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

i'll still cop a 720 (i've never owned an xbox fwiw) but i'll be copping a ps4 on release day.

watch dogs looks amazing.

Beside the 8gb of ram that wow me is the fact Indie developers can self publish there games on the PS4, which is dope....a lot of dope indie games out there

But sidebar: If this thing really is that powerful....and there is now a blizzard partnership....why can't they just release a warcraft game....or starcraft game for the console and sell a usb keyboard and mouse with it? I know people will say its not the same blah blah blah....but why not? I wouldn't have to buy a high end gaming PC to play games if they could all be played on my superpowerful PS4 even at lower resolutions.

I guess that is what steam box will try to do anyway.

You don't really need a high end PC to play WOW or Starcraft.

The ps3 and 360 still got life in them.
This is what I'm thinking.

From what we've seen so far, the graphics aren't that great of an improvement from the current gen's graphics.

maybe I'm skeptical because I'm not a gamer, but this could have been held off until 2014, IMO. Sony could have let Microsoft show their hand with their next XBOX, then drop the PS4. But that's just me.

Could forward compatibility be possible?
Glad they fixed that ****** DS3 controller. The DS1&2 were amazing but they ****** up with the dualshock 3
I liked the DS3 better. 
laugh.gif

I'm not sure if I like the new design. I was hoping for more sleekness. 

And with the release of PS4 and Xbox 720 they are being put to their death.:D
PS1 sold well after PS2 was released.
PS2 sold well after PS3 was released. Think was outselling PS3/360 that first year or two.

720 will probably kill 360, since Microsoft likes to dump and get rid of all old products right after new one is released. Assume they will stop making 360 a year after 720 is released, and games will stop shortly thereafter.

Super important questions....will it play MKVs???? And will it be something other than fat32 so I can put jumbo files onto it??

(no srs)

I liked the DS3 better. :lol:

I'm not sure if I like the new design. I was hoping for more sleekness. 
IDK. those triggers could only be made by the most incompetent person in Japan.
It looks like they kept the triggers convex but the button itself is concave. I am not sure how that will work, but it cant be worse than the PS3 version

I'll be only getting one console this generation and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the PS4. I still want to see more though\

Watch Dogs looks amazing but it's going to be on PC too. So I'll get it on that

Last edited:
I don't see this system selling anywhere under 550, if you look at the Wii U, it's selling at a loss for Nintendo and its 300-350.
If Nintendo didn't sell the system at a loss I would assume they would price it somewhere in the 400 range since reports say that for Nintendo to make a profit off the system they would have to sell the hardware and 2 games.

Now seeing the specs in the PS4, it's gonna blow it out of the water as far as that goes, which leads me to believe that even if Sony sold it at a loss also it wouldn't go any lower than 550.

It's gonna be a rough Holiday season IMO with all 3 systems trying to convince the average consumer on what system to get.
I won't be getting this on launch, I learned from the mistake of getting PS3 when it first came out, BUT if Final Fantasy does come out launch then I may have to consider it.

I don't see this system selling anywhere under 550, if you look at the Wii U, it's selling at a loss for Nintendo and its 300-350.
If Nintendo didn't sell the system at a loss I would assume they would price it somewhere in the 400 range since reports say that for Nintendo to make a profit off the system they would have to sell the hardware and 2 games.

Now seeing the specs in the PS4, it's gonna blow it out of the water as far as that goes, which leads me to believe that even if Sony sold it at a loss also it wouldn't go any lower than 550.

It's gonna be a rough Holiday season IMO with all 3 systems trying to convince the average consumer on what system to get.
I won't be getting this on launch, I learned from the mistake of getting PS3 when it first came out, BUT if Final Fantasy does come out launch then I may have to consider it.
349.... BELIEVE

I think this is the first, first gen I prob won't be getting.

Don't get me wrong, everything looks really cool, but there are about 15-20 ps3 games that I still really want to play. I don't see myself getting to all of them by this time.

I'll probably wait a year on this one when all the bugs are worked out.

Who knows though there could always be that one game that won't get out of my head until I splurge and buy one.

are both the metal gear games coming out for ps4?

Ground Zeros should hold me off until I can grab a ps4 if thats a ps3 title.

I'm only saying this because Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear 4 FORCED me to buy a PS2 and PS3.

Since GTA5 is coming out in September and the PS4 sometime October-X-Mas, do you guys believe they will have a PS4 version ready as soon as the console hits stores?

Since GTA5 is coming out in September and the PS4 sometime October-X-Mas, do you guys believe they will have a PS4 version ready as soon as the console hits stores?

I doubt it. GTA never released a system upgrade until long after the OG was released.

Thats just speculation out of me though, I have no idea.

Opened my Xbox live tab the other day and saw I've got 6 years on this console... Yea its about that time for a new one.

Anyone know when Xbox new gen announcement will come?

Back
Top Bottom