The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Final fantasy 7 remake worth it for someone who’s never played a ff game before?

Deciding between ff7 remake, yakuza 0, or red dead redemption 2. Probably won’t beat red dead redemption 2 since it’s too long. But messing around will be fun I’m sure.

FF7 easily the best game out of the 3 you mentioned. Its also free with PS+ rn I think...

I started Persona 5 Royal back in February and put in 20 hours. I shouldn't have did it because I knew it was too close to Elden Ring. I haven't touched P5R since and if I'm being honest, I'll probably just take the L. I've tried to play it on three different occasions and it just doesn't click with me. I don't understand the hype at all.

Art style is :smokin tho

So apparently I’m not the only one this has happen to but my place was struck when a storm hit and my ps5 bricked even in a surge protector. I hope they can repair it

Damn this kinda scary. Hope it gets taken care of. Makes me paranoid to not leave the ps on rest and to unplug since I’m staying at my girl’s for a bit who had a recent power outage when lightning struck her place.

FF7 easily the best game out of the 3 you mentioned. Its also free with PS+ rn I think...
Red Dead 2 is really good imo, getting to Saint Denis for the first time and the active randomness of getting robbed made for a great experience. Also, going up to the snow capped mountains and places to hunt pelts was a relaxing time kill. Had more fun with that than FF7R tbh. Knowing the whole storyline kinda ruins 7R, I played the game as a critic more than a fan. I’m more excited for XVI than 7R chapter 2.

PS5 froze on the home screen for the first time today, couldn’t even hard reset it, had to pull the power cable from the console. My og PS4 never failed me, hopefully it was just a one off and not something that will continue to happen in the future. I barely even play this thing aside from apex and Netflix.

😱😱😱😱

1661073050965.png

\
1661073736355.png

Last edited:
PS5 froze on the home screen for the first time today, couldn’t even hard reset it, had to pull the power cable from the console. My og PS4 never failed me, hopefully it was just a one off and not something that will continue to happen in the future. I barely even play this thing aside from apex and Netflix.

If i recall correctly the PS5 has its own built in surge protector so if you use another one you’re essentially bypassing the safety mechanism. In any event, hold the power button down 10 seconds and see if it’ll rebuild manually.

Red Dead 2 is really good imo, getting to Saint Denis for the first time and the active randomness of getting robbed made for a great experience. Also, going up to the snow capped mountains and places to hunt pelts was a relaxing time kill. Had more fun with that than FF7R tbh. Knowing the whole storyline kinda ruins 7R, I played the game as a critic more than a fan. I’m more excited for XVI than 7R chapter 2.
for me, it was more reminiscing back into memory lane. I love how they made it true to the original as far as the game goes. although the quests are more challenging. loved the game but I'm stucked and stopped at the Intermission side mission due to Fort Condor. heavily considering on skipping that instead seems I'm still lost with the mechanics of the game. besides, doesn't look that interesting and seem to be playing a poor version of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle or any turn-base game.

RDR2 is really good for it's action/rpg genre. will play that again soon.

If i recall correctly the PS5 has its own built in surge protector so if you use another one you’re essentially bypassing the safety mechanism. In any event, hold the power button down 10 seconds and see if it’ll rebuild manually.
I do have it plugged into a surge protector, are you saying to just run it straight to the wall instead. I don’t know what caused it, there was thunderstorms late last night so who knows. I tried to hold the power button and it wouldn’t trigger off. Of course when I pulled the power cable the PS5 yelled at me and threatened to corrupt my hard drive for not properly powering down.

I do have it plugged into a surge protector, are you saying to just run it straight to the wall instead. I don’t know what caused it, there was thunderstorms late last night so who knows. I tried to hold the power button and it wouldn’t trigger off. Of course when I pulled the power cable the PS5 yelled at me and threatened to corrupt my hard drive for not properly powering down.
Is your surge protector a good one? I knew a friend of mine's console got fried even with a surge protector. The lightning struck close to their place. So it could have caused a massive overload.

RDR is boring af
My friend said he doesn't play it anymore because only hearing the horses footsteps while playing made him sleepy... but I enjoyed it and beat it.. I just would play it for a couple of weeks and then take some time off from playing it until I beat it lol

I'm finally about to beat Persona 5 Royal man this game is long but it's fun and detailed.

I finished both Final Fantasy VII Remake and Persona 5 Royal and they are my favorite RPGs I’ve played within the past two years. I’m on my New Game Plus playthrough of Persona 5 Royal. For the amount of content, Persona 5 Royal is worth the price but the story and action of Final Fantasy VII Remake is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom