**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

They say the rings colorway aka the Rasta tank is coming. I don' know though. This might be a custom tank top.
Not sure if the red blue and white tank top is official. Looks custom.

1584885624863.png

Hopefully we get the rings version also
1584886241477.png

Pharrell has taste.

If this releases. Then I won't need to buy Benetton.

pop_over- final.png

Benetton Racing.
benneton-removebg-preview.png

benneton_jacket-removebg-preview.png

What you know about this last jacket. lol
You got to really know how to dress to use these colors
without looking "mad Jamaican", as they say.

I would put the last Benetton jacket up against any jacket
in a person's polo collection.

Last edited:
They say the rings colorway aka the Rasta tank is coming. I don' know though. This might be a custom tank top.
Not sure if the red blue and white tank top is official. Looks custom.

1584885624863.png

Hopefully we get the rings version also
1584886241477.png
The OG Olympics Rings colorway is only speculation. The USA Plate Tank is an official RL product sample from a very reliable seller, including the firefighter sample jacket. I would count on the USA version pictured to be released instead of the OG Olympic Rings as a limited edition item.

Plan on buying the Benetton unless RL decides to do something special.

Last edited:
Ralph holdin on for dear life not to discount those Polo Sport tees which will end up outlet bound at this rate...

theyve been out since mid last year and are still in the “new arrival” section on the site... I thought they would’ve been discounted to about 25-29 before a % off was included by now

Ralph holdin on for dear life not to discount those Polo Sport tees which will end up outlet bound at this rate...

theyve been out since mid last year and are still in the “new arrival” section on the site... I thought they would’ve been discounted to about 25-29 before a % off was included by now
They come up for sale every now and then

Now that the Olympics have been postponed until 2021, I wonder if RL is still going to release the entire Team USA Olympic collection. There are a few pieces on RL.com that they've quietly dropped already.

What you know about the olympics?

1585065036330.png

I wish I didnt sleep on Adidas menswear in the 80s like everyone did.
Everybody focused on the tracksuit. Their sportswear was epic.

1585065058447.png

1585168893403.png

1585169575201.png

1585167883197.png

1585168286566.png

1585065129788.png

Lord. The 80s Adidas made Polo step their game up in the 90s. lol

1585168568236.png

This sweatshirt in black is crazy. Rings and back graphic.

adidas.jpg

1585065312421.png

Rings was king at Adidas.
Germans started the torch ceremony they say.
Bold colors graphics and screen printed. No glue.

Last edited:
Just got the black sweatshirt in XL vintage. 80 bucks. At least something good came out of being in the house today.
Not buying nothing else. That with the red and black winter stadium cap and track pants will look nice walking the dog.

winter_stadium_cap-removebg-preview.png

rings_adidas-removebg-preview.png

If my clothes don't look like an 80s - 90s resort ad, I don't buy it.
Polo is public not ptivate now. They dont make sportswer like they used to.
But when a hat is done right, I wear it.
1585069249827.png

Polo has shareholders to answer to. Somebody wants low costs and high revenue.
When it was private, Ralph made the rugbies heavier, the coats puffier.
He had to compete with Hilfiger, Izod, Perry Ellis, Lacoste and Nautica for floor space at the malls.
He conquered them and went public. Then the shareholders and their demands came in
for lower costs and more volume. Now you have no illustrations and screenprinting.
Just logos and low cost fabrics with vinyl heat press.

You can't go home again. So I found a German girlfriend and a few Italian ones aka brands.
Buy Purple Label or wear glue. That is it.

Last edited:
Now that the Olympics have been postponed until 2021, I wonder if RL is still going to release the entire Team USA Olympic collection. There are a few pieces on RL.com that they've quietly dropped already.
My guess is we going to get 2 Olympic drops with an outlet release by the time they play the games we’ll get everything they planned plus new stuff over the next 18 months works for me make this quarantine worth it

What you know about the olympics?

I wish I didnt sleep on Adidas menswear in the 80s like everyone did.
Everybody focused on the tracksuit. Their sportswear was epic.

View attachment 2540060

View attachment 2540066

1585065129788.png

View attachment 2540067
Lord. The 80s Adidas made Polo step their game up in the 90s. lol
View attachment 2540069

This sweatshirt in black is crazy. Rings and back graphic.

adidas.jpg

View attachment 2540074

1585065312421.png

Rings is king at Adidas.
Germans started the torch ceremony they say.
Bold colors graphics and screen printed. No glue.

RECOGNIZE that you recognize. These joints was $100.00 back in the 80's. The was Versace money back then. I actually wore this IN the 80's. First joint I ever copped was the black Stockholm/Helsinki joint. My boy Cool Box Rocker copped the British Flag joint. We went from there. Actually found the Kingston Lions joint up in Goodwill. This was before Ebay and the net was ever invented. We had every joint pictured except the t shirts. NEVER saw them til now. We copped at Footlocker back ten.

My crew's (Def # 3 Crew) actual motto back then was "Adidas on back / Reebook on the feet". Back when Reebok was HARD. Adidas was hardcore GERMAN.

Could flood this joint with those old flicks.

Your Ole Uncle Famous, January 1988
Resized Adidas88138024_220219852499741_1516578432980649352_n.jpg

Picture me and my mans RayBans/Adidas /Coca Cola/Guess Jeans/Reebok down, Florida in '89.
Resized reebok on the beach.jpg

RE RE 45358403_596139427543529_4649773624815275482_n.jpg

Last edited:
There’s been a lot of online sales this week (Nike, Macy’s, Finish Line, Urban Outfitters, etc)

im sure RL is right around the corner but hopefully they don’t shortchange us and make too much exempt.. it’s definitely about that time to start clearing out some inventory

What cp 92 should look like if it is released and I was in charge.

adidas_sailing-removebg-preview.png

adidas_sail_back-removebg-preview.png

Polo just email me and I will help you.

cp_92-removebg-preview.png

We can get rid of the stripes and go water color illustrations
with bold block colors. The theme is sailing. See how using water colors
works with a water based theme such as sailing on the Adidas shirt.

Even when removing the graphic on the Adidas shirt, it would still work
well as a cp 92 sweatshirt. Just add the cp 92 patch to the arm and upper right chest.

This stuff is not rocket science.

Last edited:
This was the joint Box Rocker was wearing in this flick. I actually learned the olympics from these joints. Really doe.
s-l1600 VTG.jpg

Resized reebok on the beach.jpg

And must shout out the OG who put us on back then in the first place. The KING of the Adidas graphic sweatshirt, DJ Hurricane, (Beastie Boys DJ). I'm from EVERY era of hip hop, (Flash and Sugar Hill an 'ems included), but what forged me? This.

e8a1a6062dce0a254006c840f6cd661d.jpg

R-1246596-1203699937.jpeg.jpg

CCLA6hsW4AIDaRo.jpg

Check the shoe game. Adidas Rivalry. $100.00 back in '86.

Around the same time of these photos, '88/'89, I walked into Lazarus (now known as Macys) and walked up to this all wood and brass section that said "Polo Ralph Lauren" and saw all these wood mallets and all these sweaters and sweatshirts with this symbol on the chest. It was absolutely the richest display I ever saw in my life. Caught sheer sticker shock when I flipped those tags, but vowed to be able to own this sh*t, one day. We now know that symbol as the "Scribble Crest". That was the beginning of my transistion to Ralph. The rest is...

Last edited:
BTW, below is Polo perfection. This is how I rock my Polo now-a-days, except even plainer. Just the patch on the sleeve. No nothing nowhere else.
River.jpg

river 2.jpg

river 3.jpg

My latest creation, below. Forgive the wrinkles; fresh out the washer, cold wash, hung to air dry in Kentucky basements. Harvested patch from Retro Hi Tech line.

RESIZLLE 2 IMG_0595 (1).jpg

Resizzle 3 IMG_0598 (1).jpg

Resizzle 44 IMG_0596.jpg

The entire KEY to the whole thing is sourcing juussssst the right base shirt. I thought RRL was the trick, but the wanna be muscle-short sleeves and the baby slim fit after one wash killed that. After the price of the tees, the dye, taking it to the tailor to get the patch expertly and precisley sewn on, I sunk about $97.00 into the RRL tee shirt. All this time, effort, and money = fail. Now using as a sleep shirt.

Went back to the drawing board. This time, I knew what I must do;. Every year, Ralphy BLUE LABEL drops a premium quality, Pima cotton t-shirt made in Peru, with NO logos on the chest. And it has to be the RIGHT grade of Pima cotton. Very hard ($$$) to isolate through trial and error. These are the ones when you are in the Ralphy section, and you think Ralph trippin for charging $79.89 for a plain T with absolutely nothing on it. The first one I ever got was the perfection I've always been looking for, I just was too stupid to see it. Hated the way the sleeves hung cut 'em off. Last year, Ralphy dropped 'em with a pocket. Finally, I relaized I had to learned how to successfully remove a pocket. Thanks Youtube.

My only complaint after this one is Ralphy's damn boat crew necks. That will be the next imperfection to weed out.

The next one will be just like the River shirt above, with the exact patch. Patch on deck, just waiting.

One last thing. This shirt started out forest green with a pocket on the chest. It is now midnight navy blue with no pocket. My Rit Dye powers have grown, Darth. Should you strike me down, I will grow more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Last edited:
Polo stock price is at 70.00. That means they are in trouble and will need a Stadium drop in an original colorway. I guess that is why the stadium red white and blue tank top is dropping.
That aint enough to make me wait on a line and or deal with a crashing app. Not enough colors for me. Only an original color way cycle jacket replica or rings colored stadium replica (no retro redesigns) would make me stand on a line for polo again. Has to be a straight replica. No changes.

stadium_classics-removebg-preview.png

cycle_new-removebg-preview.png

cycle_newer-removebg-preview.png

Make replicas (not retros) of these and they will be back over 100.00 stock price.

Last edited:
CP 92 mock up in regatta water colored Adidas style.
The colors would be more saturated. But this is what the fans want. This style.
This STYLE would sell out instantly .

Patches sewn on arm and chest and NO VINYL HEAT PRESS.
Screen print on cotton Lycra.

mock_up_92-removebg-preview.png

Last edited:
CP 92 mock up in regatta water colored Adidas style.
The colors would be more saturated. But this is what the fans want. This style.
This STYLE would sell out instantly .

Patches sewn on arm and chest and NO VINYL HEAT PRESS.
Screen print on cotton Lycra.
cp92_mock_up-removebg-preview.jpg

That mock up reminds me of that rarest of Polo Sport tee's and one of my personal grails;
Sailboard2.jpg

Still on the hunt for a crisp example in my size. Rarely pop up in any size.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom